2009 BCS National Championship

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SpidermanTuba, Mar 8, 2009.

?

Who will win the 2009 BCS National Championship Game?

1. LSU

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Florida

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Texas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Oklahoma

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. USC

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Alabama

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Oklahoma State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ohio State

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  9. Ole Miss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. OTHER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Tigahs!

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    I picked USC but it could be anybody really. And is it just me or are you sick of seeing the same teams in the title game over and over again?

It's time for a playoff system with eight teams or more.

3. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258

a) I will never tire of seeing LSU in the Title game
    b) If not LSU, would prefer to always see an SEC team in the title game (exception: BAMA)

c) That being said, I agree 100% except that I think we should have at MOST 8 teams. There are often more than 4 or even 5 teams that have rational claims to #1 at the end of the reg season. There's never more than 8. If we have an 8 team playoff, the chances of leaving out the "real" #1 are next to nothing.

4. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    I'm sorry, why is LSU in this poll? Your roster looks like a junior varsity team, at best. Don't get me a wrong, LSU is my second favorite team in the SEC. But this year, it just ain't gonna happen.

And why is Ole Miss there? Houston Nutt will never win a national title. He's too ignorant to coach a team to that kind of play.

Texas is looking good, but if the Big 12 is anything like it was this past year, they'll have a rough go of it.

USC always looks good in the preseason, but when the clock starts, they fall apart.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  5. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Russell Shepherd [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Zqqz1zSZs]YouTube - Russell Shepard Highlight Video[/ame]

He graduated high school a semester early so he could start practice this past January. He's not getting a red shirt.

Y'all all going down!!!!

Most underrated team of 2008. They are going to destroy you Hogs. So are we.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

6. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    A quarterback does not a team make. You're going to need more than that to have a chance. You realize that Arkansas recruited one of the best secondaries in the nation, including possibly the best CB pick in the nation Darius Winston (who is from my hometown)? We can actually stop the pass now, and with Ryan Mallett, we can throw the pass too.

If they were so underrated, why did they need a lousy call from the ref to win the game over Arkansas? We look much better this year than we did last year. We have a quarterback who can actually throw, we have receivers who can actually catch, and we have a defense who can actually stop the pass. I don't expect an outstanding season, but Ole Miss will be easy to knock out. They'll be no better this year than they were last year, and they looked pretty lousy last year. The only reason they did so well in the SEC is because the SEC as a whole was subpar last year.

They will at least have home field advantage this year, and if we win, I hope Petrino spits in their end zone, much like that worthless fuck Nutt did to us. I also hope that Petrino leads the Hogs onto the field in the middle of their opening ceremonies. Houston Nutt was such a disrespectful shit last year, and he did it out of spite. It's not our fault he is only a mediocre coach. We gave him 10 years, and he gave us nothing. His recruiting style is horrid. The best players on his team last year were actually Orgeron's recruits, it won't take him long to recruit 9127957957 running backs to screw up their offense.

7. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258

Who said we were going to use him as a quarterback? :evil laughter:

You'd just better hope he doesn't get arrested the night before the big game.

8. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Lousy argument. He's a college kid who got drunk at a bar in the offseason. He didn't cause any trouble, he didn't get behind the wheel. Trust me, Petrino will give him more shit than the police did.

9. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Russell Shepherd doesn't drink because he isn't old enough to. I guess he figures the laws actually apply to him. In the off season he has a private football coach and when he isn't doing that he's studying football on his own and when he isn't doing that he helps feed the homeless. He lives eats and breathes football. He doesn't have time to go and drink himself into puking like your Mallet does.

Who do you think is more likely to get suspended for a big game next year?

10. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Oh, I never claimed Mallett to be a saint, but your argument about Mallett is pointless. He will be playing next year, he will be our starting QB, and he will be a force to be reckoned with. If Casey Dick's passing game can beat you guys two years in a row, Mallett should have no problem.