2009 BCS National Championship

Who will win the 2009 BCS National Championship Game?

• LSU

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Florida

• Texas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • USC

• Alabama

• Oklahoma State

• Ohio State

• Ole Miss

• OTHER

• Total voters
Since 1998, Arkansas has won 5 out of 11 meetings. I wouldn't say that we have any more trouble beating you than you do beating us.

The entire series is 11-8 since Arkansas inception into the SEC in 1992. That is a three game lead. And it is 5-4 since 2000. Also since 2006 we are undefeated against Arkansas. See, I can pick random years to go back to and skew the stats to make myself feel good as well. Fact is, we have beat you more than you have bet us. That is all that matters.

No one is arguing that, historically, Alabama is one of the greatest college football programs in the country. In modern football, you're just average.

Define Modern football. Even in modern football, we have more National Championships than you. At least I was alive that last time Alabama brought home some hardware, can you say the same? Nope.

Arkansas hasn't even been in the SEC for 21 years. We hold 13 SWC Championships, adding that to LSU's 10 SEC Championships. Oh no, 23 > 21.

Furthermore, considering the monopoly Alabama has traditionally held in college football, it means very little.

Okay, you got me there. Add up Arkansas' prior conference wins and you beat us by two. WOW.

And how does a monopoly on winning mean very little?

All of the SEC is rebuilding, except for perhaps Florida. Trust me, it won't be a walk in the park, friend.

Never said it was. The only league tougher than the SEC is the NFL. I just don't want yall dividing the SEC West up between LSU and Arkansas, when perrenially it has belonged to the two schools from Alabama. And with the little school on the plains imploding, that division will belong to us. Take my word on it junior.

The entire series is 11-8 since Arkansas inception into the SEC in 1992. That is a three game lead. And it is 5-4 since 2000. Also since 2006 we are undefeated against Arkansas. See, I can pick random years to go back to and skew the stats to make myself feel good as well. Fact is, we have beat you more than you have bet us. That is all that matters.

I went back to 98 because that was the year we picked up Nutt. It wasn't a random year. Even still, 11-8 isn't much of a lead in the series, either, buddy.

Since 2006 you are undefeated against Arkansas? Don't you mean since 2007? As in, you've won the last two games against Arkansas?

Define Modern football. Even in modern football, we have more National Championships than you. At least I was alive that last time Alabama brought home some hardware, can you say the same? Nope.

See, that's the difference here: you're trying to make it Arkansas versus Alabama. I'm not. I know that Alabama has always been the better team and our legacy can't even begin to stack up against yours. I'm just pointing out that Alabama over the last two decades is no better than anyone else in the SEC.

And how does a monopoly on winning mean very little?

It's all about recruiting. In the mid 1900's, Alabama could recruit whoever they wanted, from wherever they wanted, without much competition from other schools. That's not the case anymore.

Never said it was. The only league tougher than the SEC is the NFL. I just don't want yall dividing the SEC West up between LSU and Arkansas, when perrenially it has belonged to the two schools from Alabama. And with the little school on the plains imploding, that division will belong to us. Take my word on it junior.

It's true that Alabama has won the West 6-3 over Arkansas since Arkansas's inception into the SEC. The same goes for LSU, they have only won the West 3 times since 1992. Auburn also has only won it 3 times. So yes, Alabama has been more consistent. But it's not the same game anymore. The West is becoming more and more competitive. No one is going to have an easy go of it anymore. We have some of the best coaches in college football at five of the schools in the West, and to top that off the East has great college football coaches in most of their schools. It's going to be a clusterfuck once these teams get built. We'll look much like the Big 12 South did last year.

I think what we can all celebrate is that Ole Miss is the only SEC West team that hasn't won the West since 1992. Even Mississippi St had a win in '98. Hotty toddy that shit, bitches.

Since 1998, Arkansas has won 5 out of 11 meetings. I wouldn't say that we have any more trouble beating you than you do beating us.

Am I the only one that notices that when a Gump is arguing with a fan of another team, the Gump will inevitably have to reach further back in history than the fan of the other team to prove his team better?

I mean seriously, are you guys satisfied with telling your children how great Alabama USED to be?

"Gee thanks grandpa, I'm glad there was a time when kids my age didn't have to worry about Bama losing to UL-Monroe, a time when kids my age didn't have to see Bama repeatedly start off seasons undefeated and then flounder into irrelevance - but what FUCKING GOOD DOES THAT DO ME NOW?"

I know how well liked the Buckeyes are on this board as I have seen the posts about them and how the big ten is an overrated conference to begin with BUT I voted for them, had to...its my home state and I have been a tried and true supporter for 27 years now. I will admit that they have had a tough go against the SEC but their teams through the years have been pretty solid.
Amen, brother! I too am a Buckeye and an alum. Shouldn't this be the last year for this BSC nightmare? Where's the playoff as it should be?

New Topics

Forum List

Back