2009 All You Hoped For.. ?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Politically I thought 2009 was pretty disillusioning.

New President, new Congress filled with allot of promises of hope, prosperity, letting the sunshine in, control of government waste, a new bipartisanship, etc., well, obviously that simply didn't pan out....:eusa_eh:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step....

Although I think by now it is painfully obvious that the U.S. Senate is the biggest problem this country faces.

Although I think by now it is painfully obvious that the U.S. Senate is the biggest problem this country faces.

I'm going a giant step forward and saying that all of Government needs a kick in the butt to remind them who they work for. The blame is left, right and center, we differ on degrees of blame.

I'm old enough to know that when it comes politics no single year will ever live up to my hopes. I will also say that the actions taken this year are so long-term in scope that it will be more than a decade before they can be fully judged in real-world terms.

Politically I thought 2009 was pretty disillusioning.

New President, new Congress filled with allot of promises of hope, prosperity, letting the sunshine in, control of government waste, a new bipartisanship, etc., well, obviously that simply didn't pan out....:eusa_eh:
Well, new President. Same congress since 2006.

The corruption has increased however. Not that I was all that surprised.

That destruction of America is disheartening.

I think it actually turned out quite well. People are turing away from the 0bama kool aid, but nothing really wrong has happened yet, except for Stimulus. A lot better than what I feared in January. To the degree Chris is bummed, I am cheered. :p

Cap and trade seems dead, 0bamacare seems to have hit an iceberg and is listing badly, the economy does seem to be recovering slightly (I don't know if that will last past January) and my personal financial picture has brightened. YMMV

I'm going a giant step forward and saying that all of Government needs a kick in the butt to remind them who they work for. The blame is left, right and center, we differ on degrees of blame.

No, the problem quite simple. A 60 vote majority is required to pass anything in the Senate. That is ridiculous. That is not democracy. The filabuster needs to be outlawed.

The skivvy I get is that foreclosure properties across the country are about to be unloaded on the market early this year, home values will drop and there will be many more people walking away from their properties. Maybe this year, we will see the actual bottom of the real estate market.

Then there's the commercial real estate bubble, credit card bubble and government bubble to pop. Lotsa bottoms this and next year.

Then there's the commercial real estate bubble, credit card bubble and government bubble to pop. Lotsa bottoms and bubbles this and next year. plus inflation...

Inflation? What inflation? Are you even paying attention?

We'll see:

What Americans might face next: inflation - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

What Americans might face next: inflation
Consumers increasingly uneasy about possible loss of purchasing power
Reuters
updated 5:06 p.m. CT, Wed., Dec . 30, 2009
A historic economic crisis has left Americans with plenty of things to worry about. But is inflation one of them? And is there a risk that fretting over higher prices may actually bring them about?

The answers to these questions will help define the timing of the Federal Reserve's pullback from an unprecedented level of monetary stimulus, deployed to combat the worst financial panic since the Great Depression.

In justifying its pledge to leave interest rates near zero for the foreseeable future, the Fed takes comfort in inflation expectations, which policymakers deem comfortably restrained.

On the surface, that appears true. The most recent Reuters/University of Michigan consumer survey showed a 0.2 percentage point decline in expected inflation one-year out, to 2.5 percent. Market-based barometers have fluttered higher, though not alarmingly so.

Yet beneath the weak economic backdrop keeping prices in check, economists and consumers are increasingly uneasy about the prospect of a continuous loss of purchasing power — the very definition of inflation.

"We have the most potentially inflationary policy I have ever observed in a developed country," said Alan Meltzer, a Fed historian and professor of political economy at the Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business in Pittsburgh....

Whoops sometimes this 11:30-12:00 disturbance in the force, double posting & no posting, gets you messed up, sorry Brubricker..

Must you 'quote' someone else in every post? Can you not construct a coherent post all by yourself?

*Sits back to await the obvious insult in response.*

It was about what I expected fromn Obama and the Democratic majority, to be honest.

The "good cops" are in charge, but they're still not on OUR TEAM.

Whoops sometimes this 11:30-12:00 disturbance in the force, double posting & no posting, gets you messed up, sorry Brubricker..

What inflation??

I thought the post that Annie graciously provided covered that potential rather well.

But if you need more information, here's some links, Google (Inflation Fears) and you'll find plenty more. (By the way, you could do your own research)

Inflation Fears: The Coming Great Inflation, Real or Imagined? - CNBC

gulfnews : Treasuries fall over inflation fears

Last edited:
It was about what I expected fromn Obama and the Democratic majority, to be honest.

The "good cops" are in charge, but they're still not on OUR TEAM.

:disagree:....then......:iagree:..........I'm impressed editec....:lol:

Forum List

Back