2004 Will Be Remembered as 'Summer of Terror'

N

NewGuy

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/19/150934.shtml

Monday, April 19, 2004 2:50 p.m. EDT
FBI Agent: 2004 Will Be Remembered as 'Summer of Terror'

Today on "Fox News Live," former FBI Special Agent Harold Copus said that the summer of 2004 will be remembered as the "Summer of Terror."

Anchor Gregg Jarrett told agent Copus that Tom Ridge said special attention will be focused on stopping terror attacks on rail, air, hazmat shipment, chemical facilities and the electrical grid. He asked if all of those were vulnerable.

Copas said, "They certainly are."

"For the last six months or so ... we keep hearing chatter and information that's filtering down ... you should really be concerned about some of the things you've discussed."

Jarrett also mentioned that outgoing Spanish President Aznar told President Bush to beware of possible pre-election bombings in the U.S., and Condi Rice seconded that concern yesterday. He asked, "Will that happen?"

Agent Copus said: "Let's hope not. But I suspect that we will see activity." He added, "We've continually underestimated them, now it's time for us to go on the offensive, and let's go look for these guys."

Jarrett said: "I'm still stunned by what you said ... Summer of Terror. Can we stop it?"

Agent Copus replied: "I'm not sure that we can always stop it. We're wide open as a country, we still continue to need to be that way, and want to be and should be. Because of that, we allow ourselves to be open to an attack."

He also thinks another opportunity for an al-Qaida attack will be this summer's Olympiad, in Greece.

Editor's note:

Did you know that China's military manual first suggested the idea of bombing the World Trade Center? Click here now for details

Forum List

Back