20 Years 2 families running the White House

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shepherdboy, Aug 21, 2007.

1. shepherdboy

shepherdboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    It makes me wonder sometimes just how free or true are elections and votes really carry. Has it dawned on anyone that we have had two families ruling The White House for the last 20 years? God forbid Hilary should win and rule another 4 or 8! Where are the true leaders of this nation at? I see self made kings and queens running for office to acquire more power, wealth and control over the people. No I am not one of those crack pot conspiracy nuts!:cuckoo: I just wonder sometimes the way this country is going down the road and losing its identity and maybe its soul.

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    What it shows is that no matter what you call your power system, it doesn't change much. Monarchies have more turnover than our so-called "democracy." Democracy is just monarchy with better public relations. Big deal. The fix is always in.

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    It's about contacts, name recognition and the ability to raise funds ..... though your questions as to whether this country is losing its soul are good ones.

4. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,123
    Yeah, this kinda bothers me.

There are 300 million people in the most dynamic country on the planet, and we can't be run by anyone other than someone named "Bush" or "Clinton?"

WTF?

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I think capitalism is King and likes to pick and choose those candidates who are good for it. The Bushs' and Clinton's seem to be "known quantities". I wish they would buy off another family to make things intersting but they swing a heavy hammer. Pissing them off can be costly.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,219
    What gets me is people blindly planning to vote for Clinton. Granted her competition on the Democrat side really isnt fantastic. But come on. If i thought this nation was severely hurt by President Bush the last person I would be voting for is Hillary. Why would I want to continue dividing this nation rather than finding someone fresh who might be able to accomplish something different?

Not to mention that the only qualification Hillary has is she married Bill. If she hadnt done that she would never have even become a county treasurer.

7. ReillyT

ReillyT Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Well, for once, I agree with most of what you wrote. I don't plan on supporting Hillary and I am concerned about the White House being occupied by just two families for 20 years. I do think that the Democratic Party has some great candidates, and I hope that as the election gets closer, their traction will improve.

However, Hillary does have some qualifications. First, she is an attorney, which I consider a qualification in itself. Second, she is a Senator, which is pretty clearly a qualification. At the very least, her qualifications compare favorably to Rudy, who is an attorney who was Mayor of NYC. Seems comparable.

8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,535
    So corporations are calling the shots? the Corps have picked the Bush's and Clinton's for us?

You conspiracy theorist! :shock:

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,535
    If JFK Jr hadn't died, she wouldn't even have been Senator.

10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,017
    You mean she murdered him? )