2 parent households and Blacks and Liberals

67% of black kids grow up in single parent homes.

I was part of that 67%. Was raised by a single mom along with my brother while my dad was off getting high on crack and trying to game the veteran's affairs department into fueling his addiction.

As a direct result of being raised by a single mom: I don't smoke, I very rarely drink, I have never been in trouble with the law (not so much as a traffic ticket), I have a career (not just a job), and I have never been violent with anyone nor have I found myself in situations where violence was likely to happen.

I attribute the above to what my mom taught me growing up about respect others, giving the benefit of the doubt and walking a mile in someone else's shoes. She didn't give me the black boy talk about how the world would view me different because I was black and that the cops would likely profile me more. She didn't feel the need to. That honestly has not happened because I made damn sure not to give them a reason to by staying away from places and people where that was likely to happen. I cannot say the same for my brother, who is now a convicted felon due to drug possession.

So It's not just about how we grow up and who's there to raise us. It's about the individual choices we choose to make. I chose to keep my head in my books and put my intelligence to good use, something my single mother is proud of. Conversely, my brother chose a path that very well could've (and still might) lead him to where Michael Brown unfortunately ended up at. That scares my mom like nothing else can and we try to help him avoid that.

You cannot, in good conscious, paint the entire 67% with the same broad brush and remain intellectually honest.
George Burns smoked several cigars daily and lived to 100. Does that prove smoking is good for you?
You are an exception. Truth is, if you focus on every troubled jurisdiction in this country you'll discover a prevalence of unstructured families. What's more, more often than not, the kids with dads will get dragged down by that majority.
This is a post-1960's phenomenon, the likes of which we've never experienced before. Until the issue is acknowledged and addressed, the problems will continue. The race and feminist agendas of the dem party are big road blocks.

Forum List

Back