2 more cops/military vets killed in law enforcement ambushes

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Police Officer Kevin A. Tonn, Galt Police Department, California
Sergeant Rick Riggenbach, Chitimacha Tribal Police Department, Tribal Police

God Bless these two heros. Both military vets, both working as police officers protecting US citizens domestically, both killed in cowardly ambush attacks. This shit it getting old quick.

2012 Police Duty deaths by gunfire: Search for a Fallen Officer

Politics aren't anything without people who enforce the laws we pass, and who protect us from violence at home. Among the most thankless jobs in the world.

I know it's a fad to put up sensational titles, but shouldn't they have some shred of truth? Both were shot approaching suspects, not in an ambush. That being said both situations were senseless, the first suspect was looking a at gun charge at the worse and the second was a loon, damn shame it cost two their lives and two with serious injuries.

God Bless these two heros. Both military vets, both working as police officers protecting US citizens domestically, both killed in cowardly ambush attacks. This shit it getting old quick.

Politics aren't anything without people who enforce the laws we pass, and who protect us from violence at home. Among the most thankless jobs in the world.
I share your concern regarding officers of the law. My heart goes out to their families and friends.

By nature of their role in law enforcement, officers often expose themselves to armed criminals and deranged people that have nothing to lose in killing them. The possibility of being ambushed comes with the job. It is not "getting old quick" as you say. It has been old for decades. These men knew they were subject to attack, just as they knew they might be killed in combat while in the military.

Unfortunately, I do not agree that they protect us from violence at home...or anywhere else. They respond to all sorts of criminal acts, pursue suspects and make us safer by taking criminals off the streets...or taking them "out". In the course of doing their job, they are subject also to being killed.

Protect us from violence?

Milwaukee County sheriff urges residents to arm themselves | Milwaukee County - WISN Home

Forum List

Back