2 Boys Dead After Python Escapes Store

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Police say two young boys are dead after they were strangled by a python that escaped its enclosure at a pet store in Canada.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Const. Julie Rogers-Marsh said Monday the boys, aged five and seven, were sleeping in an apartment above Reptile Ocean Inc. when the incident occurred in Campbellton, New Brunswick. She says police arrived at the apartment around 6:30 a.m. and found the two boys dead.

Rogers-Marsh says it's believed the snake made its way into the apartment through the ventilation system sometime through the overnight hours. She says the snake was captured and is in the possession of police.

Rogers-Marsh says autopsies will be performed on the two victims on Tuesday.

2 Boys Dead After Python Escapes Store in Canada - ABC News

I read a slightlyl different version of this but the question is, when are we going to stop allowing people to have any exotic animal they want as a "pet". Many indigenous animals are controlled but any idiot can have almost any animal he can afford to buy.

I've read there are more tigers in captivity in the US (most in Texasss) than there are in the wild.

These little boys were only 5 and 7 years old. Imagine the terror and the pain they went through. People die, nothing changes.

I read this earlier. Very sad.

Not to be morbid but...my first thought was why did the snake kill these kids if it was not hungry (and didn't swallow one of them).

Just seems like we are missing information about this story. :doubt:

I read a slightlyl different version of this but the question is, when are we going to stop allowing people to have any exotic animal they want as a "pet". Many indigenous animals are controlled but any idiot can have almost any animal he can afford to buy.

And right on queue the statist jumps in with the knee-jerk demand for a government ban as a solution.

I read this earlier. Very sad.

Not to be morbid but...my first thought was why did the snake kill these kids if it was not hungry (and didn't swallow one of them).

Just seems like we are missing information about this story. :doubt:

I thought the same thing. As a rule snakes aren't like people or weasels that will keep killing after they've killed enough to eat. I wonder if all is as it seems?

Police say two young boys are dead after they were strangled by a python that escaped its enclosure at a pet store in Canada.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Const. Julie Rogers-Marsh said Monday the boys, aged five and seven, were sleeping in an apartment above Reptile Ocean Inc. when the incident occurred in Campbellton, New Brunswick. She says police arrived at the apartment around 6:30 a.m. and found the two boys dead.

Rogers-Marsh says it's believed the snake made its way into the apartment through the ventilation system sometime through the overnight hours. She says the snake was captured and is in the possession of police.

Rogers-Marsh says autopsies will be performed on the two victims on Tuesday.

2 Boys Dead After Python Escapes Store in Canada - ABC News

My personal opinion about exotic pets is that there should be no such thing: exotic animals should be left in the wild or, if necessary, put in zoos. All current exotic pets should be rounded up and put in zoos or released back into the wild if they would be able to survive. It is stupid for people to want to cage any type of exotic animal.

Forum List

Back