2/19 Passed Without Notice Here

If FDR didn't do it the states would.

As you pointed out, FDR didn't order the entertainments, but by EO gave that authority to the military, that exercised it at their discression.

Since the buck stops here, FDR was ultimately responsible for illegally detaining the Japanese, German and Italian citizens, and legal alien residents.
Yes and now they are not illegally detained.

As you pointed out, FDR didn't order the entertainments, but by EO gave that authority to the military, that exercised it at their discression.

Since the buck stops here, FDR was ultimately responsible for illegally detaining the Japanese, German and Italians that were citizens, and legal alien residents.

Call it what it was. The scumbag fdr threw over 100,000 innocent people into his concentration camps.

Yes and now they are not illegally detained.
Strangely, first it was constitutional, than it was unconstitutional

The exclusion order leading to the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II was constitutional. Korematsu v. United States, 323 U.S. 214 (1944), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case upholding the exclusion of Japanese Americans from the West Coast Military Area during World War II.

Not to mention Japanese American citizens had a target on their back and unfortunately were actually safer in the camps than at home...

The most disingenuous excuse ever.
It might be disingenuous, but it could also be true. I was not around in 1942.

Doesn't matter. If lots of people were angry at you because of your race, would the proper response be to throw your ass in a concentration camp? Would you be ok with that?
Why would I be? Again, this is not 1942. Holding people from the past to today's standards should be a non starter.

Does "the past" include yesterday? Two minutes ago?

Not to mention Japanese American citizens had a target on their back and unfortunately were actually safer in the camps than at home...

Doesn't matter. If lots of people were angry at you because of your race, would the proper response be to throw your ass in a concentration camp? Would you be ok with that?
Why would I be? Again, this is not 1942. Holding people from the past to today's standards should be a non starter.

"Recent" is a word and it has a meaning. 1942 is not recent.

Years later, the EO which was constitutional in 1944 was overturned.

JUNE 26, 2018

Tuesday’s majority opinion upholding President Donald Trump’s travel ban, the Supreme Court also overturned a long-criticized decision that had upheld the constitutionality of Japanese-American internment during World War II.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor had mentioned the 1944 case, Korematsu v. United States, in her dissent, arguing that the rationale behind the majority decision had “stark parallels” to Korematsu; in both cases, she argued, the government “invoked an ill-defined natiounal security threat to justify an exclusionary policy of sweeping proportion.”

Writing for the majority, Chief Justice John Roberts argued that the case was not relevant to the travel ban, but went ahead and wrote that it is now overturned.

hahahahaha
not just because of race--remember the JAPANESE bombed Pearl--a huge stab in the back also

Germans and Italians were also detained or sent to camps.

At nowhere near comparable rates. Consider that Americans of German heritage were and are the largest ethnic group in America and that German Americans were actually convicted of espionage and sabotage during the war, unlike Japanese Americans.
....they were not beaten/murdered/raped/etc in general---and this is your BIG DATE?
..your mind is warped by your obsession with RACE!!!!

Since the buck stops here, FDR was ultimately responsible for illegally detaining the Japanese, German and Italians that were citizens, and legal alien residents.

Call it what it was. The scumbag fdr threw over 100,000 innocent people into his concentration camps.
......they were not concentration camps--you prove right there that your OP is idiotic

I am German yet I am not complaining about what happened to the Germans during WWII in the USA...
Then you are not for reparations for slavery. Thanks, smart move.
I don't remember the Germans being enslaved in the US...
So you are a hypocrite. I already knew that, but your confirming it is always nice.
Can you tell me when the Germans were enslaved in the USA, or is yer motivation to just sling shit?

Were you there?...my half Japanese step uncle and his half Japanese brothers were...and the level of fear they had back then made them go along with the camps...as soon as they turned 17 they all enlisted in the Army....so it would seem that it bothers you more than it did them....

Man's inhumanity to other men is a very old story, probably going back far into prehistory. Sometimes it was race, sometimes religion, sometimes it was for land, and sometimes just for plunder. 1942 was a time of great fear, especially on the west coast after Pearl Harbor. I do not know the history behind those camps, but I would surmise that those people were better treated and not systematically tortured and killed as other nations in other times and places did. Doesn't make it any less wrong, I get that. But how long should the victim card last before it expires?

"Recent" is a word and it has a meaning. 1942 is not recent.

People in 1942 knew right from wrong.

hahahahaha
not just because of race--remember the JAPANESE bombed Pearl--a huge stab in the back also

The Americans thrown into that piece of shit’s concentration camps did not bomb Pearl Harbor, dumbass.

......they were not concentration camps--you prove right there that your OP is idiotic

By definition, they were concentration camps. That piece of shit Roosevelt called them concentration camps.

I am German yet I am not complaining about what happened to the Germans during WWII in the USA...
Then you are not for reparations for slavery. Thanks, smart move.
I don't remember the Germans being enslaved in the US...
So you are a hypocrite. I already knew that, but your confirming it is always nice.
Can you tell me when the Germans were enslaved in the USA, or is yer motivation to just sling shit?
Projection.

Forum List

Back