1979 Beretta 950 Jetfire .25

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked this well used tip-barrel Jetfire Model 950 .25 up the other day for $125.00....It came with two mags and a very nice quality South African Ross IWB holster.

950 001 (3).JPG

The reason that it was so cheap (they run 325.00+) was that the safety did not work.....I didn't mess with it till yesterday and found/corrected the problem in a few minutes. They have a very good rep for reliability and this one is no exception.

I use Hornady 35 gr XTP HPs exclusively in my .25s....11" of penetration in gel through three layers of jean material and they expand to about .32 cal.......If a .25 won't work with those I don't keep it.

Nice little "gut gun" for it's era. It also takes the same 8-round mag as my Beretta Model 20.

I picked this well used tip-barrel Jetfire Model 950 .25 up the other day for $125.00....It came with two mags and a very nice quality South African Ross IWB holster.

View attachment 756563

The reason that it was so cheap (they run 325.00+) was that the safety did not work.....I didn't mess with it till yesterday and found/corrected the problem in a few minutes. They have a very good rep for reliability and this one is no exception.

I use Hornady 35 gr XTP HPs exclusively in my .25s....11" of penetration in gel through three layers of jean material and they expand to about .32 cal.......If a .25 won't work with those I don't keep it.

Nice little "gut gun" for it's era. It also takes the same 8-round mag as my Beretta Model 20.
Definitely more than $325 these days, way more. I know yours is well used but last month a NRA Very Good nickle plated one went for $1200 on GB. Yeah, GB tends to run high but still.

Forum List

Back