1951 Marlin 336A Deluxe in .32 Special

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I had this one set back for me and picked it up today. It's a 1951 Marlin 336A Deluxe in .32 Special. It is in very nice shape with the dark black walnut stock common to the era. The stock checkering is still in nice shape.

I have about $600.00 into this one.....Not bad, just a bit below average. They go for around $750.00 in like condition/caliber.

336a 001 (2).JPG

It was set-up with a god awful see-through scope mount with a 70s vintage Charles Daley 3 X 9 X 40 scope.

I replaced that set-up with an late 60s vintage Lyman All-American 4X scope. It came with a Marlin embossed sling.

They did not come that year with the receiver drilled and tapped so I made lemonade with the lemons handed me. I was lucky as I had a set of 2-piece Redfield bases and rings that I used.

More:

Last edited:
I had this one set back for me and picked it up today. It's a 1951 Marlin 336A in .32 Special. It is in very nice shape with the dark black walnut stock common to the era. The stock checkering is still in nice shape.

I have about $600.00 into this one.....Not bad, just a bit below average. They go for around $750.00 in like condition/caliber.

View attachment 936705

It was set-up with a god awful see-through scope mount with a 70s vintage Charles Daley 3 X 9 X 40 scope.

I replaced that set-up with an late 60s vintage Lyman All-American 4X scope. It came with a Marlin embossed sling.

They did not come that year with the receiver drilled and tapped so I made lemonade with the lemons handed me. I was lucky as I had a set of 2-piece Redfield bases and rings that I used.

More:

Are these the guns that were sold via mail-order through Sears back in the 50s and 60s?

I had this one set back for me and picked it up today. It's a 1951 Marlin 336A Deluxe in .32 Special. It is in very nice shape with the dark black walnut stock common to the era. The stock checkering is still in nice shape.
Nice. I'm jealous of that Win M64 you posted a while back. I've been looking for one of those for a long time, but in .32 Special.

Grandpa had one hanging in the hallway. Took a deer with it one year, right through the kitchen window. Grandma was not amused. :laugh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back