1883 on Paramount

I'm a Tony Hillerman fan I liked Dark Winds and looking forward to season 2. I think it's on AMC+
I’m binging. Couple more and I’m caught up. Yes it’s good. Hate that I have to watch all commercials. When I’m caught up I’ll be able to dvr and ff commercials

I stopped watching it when she started fucking the Injin.
Just remember who ruined America

1691334010336.jpeg

Haven't watched Dark Winds in a while; going to rewatch it soon. Haven't seen 1923 yet, but if they have a lot of old cars in it from the period I can always turn the sound off and watch it anyway.

Haven't watched Dark Winds in a while; going to rewatch it soon. Haven't seen 1923 yet, but if they have a lot of old cars in it from the period I can always turn the sound off and watch it anyway.
1923 sucks ass.

The only reason to watch the first season of 1923 is background for the next season which hopefully is better than the 1st. Someone might ask how can a series that stars Harrison Ford and Helen Mirrien not be hit. The star power, seasoned perfumers, a good writer, and a good story were all there. I think the problem is two fold. First, Harrison Ford should be playing the wise patriarch of the family who outwits his adversaries, not Indian Jones attempting to tame the villains. At 80 Ford is to old and the makeup people do little to make him look younger. Secondly, a side story of the mistreatment of an Indian girl is a distraction. I believe the series should have stuck with the Dutton's, developing the characters and laying the groundwork for a range war that will come in season 2 when the warrior of the family returns, Spencer Dutton, the younger son who fought in the war and is a skilled marksman.

The only reason to watch the first season of 1923 is background for the next season which hopefully is better than the 1st. Someone might ask how can a series that stars Harrison Ford and Helen Mirrien not be hit. The star power, seasoned perfumers, a good writer, and a good story were all there. I think the problem is two fold. First, Harrison Ford should be playing the wise patriarch of the family who outwits his adversaries, not Indian Jones attempting to tame the villains. At 80 Ford is to old and the makeup people do little to make him look younger. Secondly, a side story of the mistreatment of an Indian girl is a distraction. I believe the series should have stuck with the Dutton's, developing the characters and laying the groundwork for a range war that will come in season 2 when the warrior of the family returns, Spencer Dutton, the younger son who fought in the war and is a skilled marksman.
Right now the girl is dying. The parents know it. Does she die? I don't think she does. I thought I saw a flashback where the dad came home and died in the families arms and the daughter was there. But I could be wrong. So I think/hope she and her brother survive and they have kids and those kids go on to be the current Dutton family.

Or maybe it's just the son who survives. He plays a very small role in 1883 but he could be the reason the Dutton family carries on the name. It's crazy how fragile a name is. I didn't have kids. My brother had 2. It's up to his two sons to carry on the Sealybobo name.

I absolutely love 1883. Wish it were to continue. The dad gave up on going to wherever they were going. He said, "we're going to Montana". Bet they will be blown away when they first see it.

The last episode of Dark Winds almost nothing happened. I began to wonder if I'm about to give up on it.

I absolutely love 1883. Wish it were to continue.

It was a much better series than Yellowstone; I don't watch Yellowstone at all. Nothing about Costner is to blame, he just outclasses all of the supporting cast, and the writing sucks. I wish they would have ended Yellowstone and continued 1883.

It was a much better series than Yellowstone; I don't watch Yellowstone at all.
How would you know then?

I agree with you, but how would you know? Yellowstone is pretty freakin good. My favorite part was when the ranch boss took a cooler to this guy who was there trying to buy their land. He was fishing in their stream every day. Fucking with the Duttons. Well the Dutton's fought back and then the multinational conglomerate tried to kill the Dutton's. One got bombed, 2 got shot. Anyways, they all survived it. The next week the ranch boss walked at him while he was fishing

Excuse me, is this cooler yours? Did you leave this out by the side of the road? You sure? The guy says, get the fuck away from me it's not mine. What are you doing. The ranch boss just kept walking towards him asking him if he was sure. Then he shook the cooler and something was inside it. He opened up the cooler when it was 2 feet from the guys fact and a rattlesnake popped out and bit him in the face.

So no one would say he was murdered. Awesome scene!

Right now the girl is dying. The parents know it. Does she die? I don't think she does. I thought I saw a flashback where the dad came home and died in the families arms and the daughter was there. But I could be wrong. So I think/hope she and her brother survive and they have kids and those kids go on to be the current Dutton family.

Or maybe it's just the son who survives. He plays a very small role in 1883 but he could be the reason the Dutton family carries on the name. It's crazy how fragile a name is. I didn't have kids. My brother had 2. It's up to his two sons to carry on the Sealybobo name.

I absolutely love 1883. Wish it were to continue. The dad gave up on going to wherever they were going. He said, "we're going to Montana". Bet they will be blown away when they first see it.
It is certainly better than the first season of 2023, the second installment of the Dutton family saga but I have hopes for the 2nd season.

Forum List

Back