185,000 miles of USA oil pipelines and idiots anguish over 1,179 miles?

I agree - get over the Keystone pipeline.
It isn't going to benefit U.S. taxpayers one bit.
Just kiss it goodbye and move on. Don't be an anquishing idiot.

WHAT AN IDIOTIC statement!
Fine NO PIPELINE then Canada ships OIL by 1 million barrel tanker you dummy!
Which would be more of an environmental disaster??
A shipwreck tanker spilling 1 million barrels or a pipeline that carries LESS THEN 700 barrels in one mile of monitored on dry land pipe?

God..... how can you be so f...king dumb?
That statement just shows how people like you lack common sense!

a tanker ... draw a map to the closest or ALL the refineries in the US ... better yet, how long will it take and at what cost would it take a million gallon tanker to circumvent So. America and make it to Houston via the Gulf of Mexico .. then ask yourself how fn' dumb are YOU

I am confused! You answered "a tanker" would cause more environmental damage.. which logically is correct?
So why then are you insulting me by saying "ask yourself...."????
And by the way... it is ONE MILLION BARRELS not gallons and if it were gallons it would be 42 million gallons!
So again.. YOU agree a tanker will do more damage right?

185,000 miles of pipeline and conservatives freak because 1000 miles is turned down?

NO oddly "conservatives" like me FREAK because IDIOTS like you want 1 million barrels of oil to travel one mile on the open ocean when the simple solution is moving 700 barrels one mile in a pipeline on dry land!
Seems so odd people like you are SO concerned about the environment you can't comprehend that 1 million barrels in a tanker traveling one mile on the ocean is MORE damaging then 700 barrels traveling one mile in a pipeline!

Unbelievable how such a simple concept befuddles idiots!

What is the problem in admitting it would be environmentally idiotic to ship 1 million barrels in a tanker,especially knowing the statistics for oil tankers are 6 of the 11 MAJOR oil spills come from OIL TANKERS!

Why do you have a problem just being honest and saying yup 1 million barrels traveling in a tanker one mile is MORE dangerous
then 700 barrels traveling one mile in a pipeline?

Is the logic and simplicity TOO much to handle???

No, dumb fuck. We freak out because the oil in that pipeline is the most polluting oil presently on the market. In the mining and refining, it pollutes both land and atmosphere. It represents a disaster of monumental proportions.

Last edited:

That oil is going to move, and if not by pipeline, then by rail, truck or ship. The idiot fringe cannot stop it moving, they can just make it more dangerous to move it.

These are not rational people, they are religious zealots, and their religion is voodoo environmentalism. They don't give a damn that our high standard of living was built on, and is maintained, by cheap energy. To them, energy comes out of the wall plug, and water comes out of the tap. They bitch about the price while never realizing that they are the ones driving up the prices. They bitch about a lack of jobs while never realizing that they are causing jobs to move out. They are the free lunch crowd.

A shipwreck tanker spilling 1 million barrels or a pipeline that carries LESS THEN 700 barrels in one mile of monitored on dry land pipe?

a tanker ... draw a map to the closest or ALL the refineries in the US ... better yet, how long will it take and at what cost would it take a million gallon tanker to circumvent So. America and make it to Houston via the Gulf of Mexico .. then ask yourself how fn' dumb are YOU

I am confused! You answered "a tanker" would cause more environmental damage.. which logically is correct?
So why then are you insulting me by saying "ask yourself...."????
And by the way... it is ONE MILLION BARRELS not gallons and if it were gallons it would be 42 million gallons!
So again.. YOU agree a tanker will do more damage right?

I said DISTANCE via tanker from Canada to Houston, I said nothing about damage.

and your reply is............................?

Want to play that stupid game.
You need to say enough is enough sometime.
100,000,000,000,000 weapons in the USA and you still want 100 round magazines clips.
:eusa_whistle:

"185,000 miles of liquid petroleum pipelines, nearly 320,000 miles of gas transmission pipelines, and more than 2 million miles of gas distribution pipelines to safely and efficiently move energy and raw materials to fuel our nation's economic engine.

Pipeline101 - Why-Do-We-Need-Pipelines

The Keystone XL Pipeline is a proposed 1,179-mile Keystone XL Pipeline Project

AND in addition these idiots like Obama et.al. blocking Keystone because of what??? less then 1% of the 185,000 miles and these idiots want obviously
the Canadian oil shipped by 1 million barrel oil tankers every day on the ocean? Obviously Obama et.al. don't remember 25 years ago Exxon Valdez?
Yea Obama et.al. idiots would rather have 1 million barrels floating one mile on the ocean versus 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land!

Ask a 10 year old kid... which is a bigger number 1 million or 700?
Ask anyone which would have the greater damage to the environment 1 million barrels traveling one mile or 700 barrels traveling one mile?

Obviously too complicated for Obama/et.al. to comprehend!

How childish! We are dealing with reality here!
Oil will be shipped with our without you stupid childish comment!
Reality OK?
If the pipeline is not built 1 million barrels a day shipped on the open ocean and you idiot environmentalists are
protesting as Obama is listening to them it is better to ship 1 million barrels by tanker in one mile then 700 barrels in one mile by pipeline.

So your comment had nothing to do with reality.
Which is more dangerous to the environment?

185,000 miles of pipeline and conservatives freak because 1000 miles is turned down?

NO oddly "conservatives" like me FREAK because IDIOTS like you want 1 million barrels of oil to travel one mile on the open ocean when the simple solution is moving 700 barrels one mile in a pipeline on dry land!
Seems so odd people like you are SO concerned about the environment you can't comprehend that 1 million barrels in a tanker traveling one mile on the ocean is MORE damaging then 700 barrels traveling one mile in a pipeline!

What is the problem in admitting it would be environmentally idiotic to ship 1 million barrels in a tanker,especially knowing the statistics for oil tankers are 6 of the 11 MAJOR oil spills come from OIL TANKERS!

Why do you have a problem just being honest and saying yup 1 million barrels traveling in a tanker one mile is MORE dangerous

A tanker?

Where do you think that oil goes once it reaches Texas?

Ya,ya,ya... off topic!
Point is very simple can you answer the simple question?
If you have an 1 million barrel tanker traveling one mile on the open ocean and a pipeline on dry land carrying 700 barrels in one mile...
WHICH would cause the most environmental damage? Clue: Are 1 million barrels more then 700 barrels?

The thing is, there are approximately 187,189,915,062,857,142,857 gallons of water, or roughly 187 quintillion gallons of water in just the Pacific Ocean. That's quintillion, not quadtrillion. A million gallon spill is a drop in the bucket and a recoverable incident.

An aquifer the size of Lake Huron such as the Ogallala aquifer is fragile and even a small spill can create irreparable and unrecoverable damage. It's like the difference between pouring a gallon of water in your pond. It might do a small amount of damage but it probably won't leak into your well.
If the gallon of oil is poured directly into your well, you are probably going to have to find a new water source because the crap coming out of your well will no longer be drinkable.[/QUOTE]

First where are your FACTS??? Guesses...
Let's describe Ogallala in terms of total water volume:
In 2009, the U.S. Geological Survey reported that the Ogallala Aquifer in the eight-state area of the Great Plains contained 2.9 billion acre-feet of water.
Ogallala Aquifer | High Plains Water District
One acre foot equals 43,560 cubic feet or 435.6 hundred cubic feet and is equivalent to 326,700 gallons.
Therefore there are over 947.4 TRILLION gallons in Ogallala.

A) I've shown experts on the Ogallala Aquifer that says even though 20,000 miles of pipe cross Ogallala now, Keystone will be in less then 20% of the aquifer.
Keystone XL Pipeline: One of many pipelines that cross the Ogallala Aquifer » The More You Dig

$Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 7.40.54 AM.png

B) Here LET ME have an EXPERT Hydrologist with 40 years studying Ogallala.. and for your simple mind;
"Hydrology is the study of the movement, distribution, and quality of water on Earth and other planets, including the hydrologic cycle, water resources and environmental watershed sustainability."
And most of you Keystone critics don't seem to pay attention to James Goeke an expert i.e. HYDROLOGIST who LIVES in the Ogallala Aquifer area.

Mr. Goeke said...“A lot of people in the debate about the pipeline talk about how leakage would foul the water and ruin the entire water supply in the state of Nebraska and that’s just a false,” he said.
His explanation is simple. Seventy-five to 80 percent of the aquifer lies west of the proposed pipeline route.
This was 1970 and James Goeke had just joined the team at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Conservation and Survey Division where he still works as a hydrologist. He never would have guessed it, but someday he would own a chunk of western Nebraska and cherish it as much as any person could. Scattered around the state are close to 6,000 holes each about 5 inches in diameter drilled to the base of the Ogallala Aquifer. During the 1970s, Goeke drilled about 1,000 of those holes in the deepest part of the aquifer.
He said TransCanada could answer every question and was honest and forthcoming. That didn’t immediately quiet all his reluctance, so he continued his research until he came to a conclusion: The Keystone XL pipeline is not a serious threat to the Ogallala Aquifer.

C)One litre of oil (33.81 oz) could make 1 million litres of fresh water undrinkable. http://www.scottishwater.co.uk/assets/education/files/p67/p67worksheets_oilspill.pdf

So 1/2 gallon of oil can make 528,000 gallons of water undrinkable.

Based on 947.4 TRILLION gallons in Ogallala it would take a spill of 42,700,469 barrels of OIL to make the 947.4 trillion gallons of water undrinkable.
Based on the Keystone spilling 700,000 barrels a day all directly into the Ogallala it would take 61 days of oil flow all into Ogallala Aquifer to make all the water undrinkable.

So again...tell me how with a history of 40 years of pipeline spills averaging

Not counting the BP disaster, we found at least 6,500 spills, leaks, fires or explosions nationwide - that's 18 a day.
Overall, at least 34 million gallons of crude oil and other potentially toxic chemicals were spilled.
Oil & gas industry spills happen "all the time" - CBS News

34 million gallons a year is 809,523 barrels by 185,000 miles of pipeline! Or a spill of 4.3 barrels per mile of pipeline.

SO FACTS again... tell me where 4.3 barrels of oil coming from one mile leak will happen in Keystone which is in less then 20% of the Ogallala Aquifer?????

Last edited:

My My
Did I strike a nerve?

No benefit to taxpayers at all

My My
Did I strike a nerve?

No benefit to taxpayers at all

My My... do you understand the question? Which carries more oil per mile and therefore if there is a spill will spill more oil?
1 million barrels traveling one mile in a tanker on the open ocean OR 700 barrels traveling one mile in a pipe on dry land?

Is that really too complicated? Does that have ANY reference to taxpayers?

Maybe I should do it as a Sesame street...Which is a bigger number 1 million barrels or 700 barrels???

A tanker?

Where. Please and thank you.

A tanker?

Where. Please and thank you.

In all likelihood from Texas into Gulf of Mexico where the ability to out run hurricanes or hold up is better then in the Arctic Ocean!
Then it goes to China through the Panama Canal and after that NOT our problem!

Forum List

Back