18-22 aka: The Lost Years

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
What do you remember most about the years between 18-22? Did you go to college, or war, or just into the work force. Can you remember anything?

I don't remember a lot, mostly because I was pretty much pickled the entire time. I DO remember smoking 2.5-3 packs a day, because we could smoke at our desks at work. I remember leaving one of the roughest bars in Minneapolis on a stretcher - alcohol poisoning. I remember that blackouts happened, but not the actual blackouts of course.

I remember drill weekends, and mostly summer camp because every year, my birthday fell during two weeks at Camp Ripley. I remember being in love for the first time, and throwing it away because I wasn't mature enough to handle it.

I still remember his eyes were as blue as a September sky.

/moment of silence

But before that, I remember basic and AIT in Ft. Jackson, SC and me being so young and ignorant I didn't even think about going to see the ocean for the first time.

What about you all.

I recall that 18 to 22 involved college, no drugs and abundant sex.

College-drunk a lot, some drugs, lots of partying and dating. I think I also went to some classes, LOL.

That was over 20 years ago.

18-20 is a blur...then I got knocked up at 20 and had my first child at 21.
I still haven't had a 21st birthday blow out...dammit.

Sounds like you did (much better - and more important - than just paying to get a hangover)!

Last edited:

Sounds like you did (much better - and more important - than just paying to get a hangover)!

Ah yes...I spent my 21st birthday 3 months pregnant at a bar watching others get shit faced...but, it was worth it. :eusa_angel:

For me, I think I might have been lost forever if I hadn't gotten pregnant with my daughter. Talk about your wake-up calls.

The thing some people don't get about kids is that the way we feel like we would take a bullet for them? Can't imagine life without them ... that never lightens up. They go on to get married and have kids, and we are just there, heart on sleeve, can't wait for the next time we see or talk to them.

I sort of thought we'd grow apart as she aged. I am grateful we didn't. :)

Forum List

Back