168 Republicans voted to raise your taxes!

if that were the case, why would people close to the next bracket do everything they can to avoid going into it

you are wrong

Dude, I'm right. Look it up how our tax brackets work. Everyone is taxed the same on the same income earned. The tax increase for is only for income earned over 250k. The first 250k is taxed just like the rest of us.
that is not how it is
you go into the next bracket, your entire income is taxed at that rate
That is bullshit. Do you even earn income? OMFG! Talk to your accountant or hire one if you don't have one.

Wrong, the Dems in the House only want the tax to remain the same for those making 250000 or less. MORON.

Which means that everybody, MORON, gets the tax cut up to 250k ... even those making more than it.

Once again for the terminally stupid. That means if they do not make permanent or extend all the taxes as now that those making more then 250000 pay MORE starting next year. A higher percent. Every dollar over that mark goes into a higher bracket.

But you already know that and are trying to confuse the gullible.
I'm not surprised that you are stupid enough to think this but I am surprised at dcon.

Boy oh boy. You guys love to argue semantics. Heres the deal.

The middle class is not getting a tax cut. END OF STORY. They are just having their taxes remain the same.

The Upper class, at least the way this bill stands, will be having their taxable income rate go up. END OF STORY.

So you can look at this a couple of ways. The republicans voted against raising taxes forsome and keeping them the same for others AND The democrats voted to raise taxes for some and keep them the same for others.

The 168 republicans DID NOT VOTE FOR ANYTHING like the thread title would suggest. This is a lame attempt at trying to make the republicans out as something that didn't do.

The 168 Republicans voted for higher taxes for the middle class by voting against extending Bush Era tax cuts for the middle class.

What ever. If you want to spin it that way, fine.

The reason they didn't vote for this bill is because it was a tax hike on some americans and they didn't want to put their name on a bill with tax hikes.

They actually voted their principles first, which they have had a problem doing in the pass.

I say bravo to them.

Last edited:
Nope...they voted not to allow some of our taxes to be raised.

Voting against that does not mean that a no vote is voting to raise taxes because voting yes would have done so.

You can't rationalize this folks. Nobody is getting a tax cut. This was a vote to raise taxes for the upper income Americans. The same Americans that provide your jobs. This is the primary reason unemployment is so high. No employer feels safe enough to hire anyone because of this uncertainty.

What a load of partisan nonsense.

People aren't hiring because there aren't customers enough to warrant new jobs.

That isn't an uncertainty problem, that's a certainty problem.

Employers don't hire workers to make goods and provide services they don't have customers for. We need more people spending money on consumer goods and services and the best way to do that is to provide generous financial relief for the unemployed.

The best way for people to spend money on goods/services is for those who are unemployed to get a job and spend their own money on it. :rolleyes:

Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2010, Part III ?
No, that was today's vote on extending the Bush Tax Cuts. The Regressive Party overwhelmingly voted against continuing the tax cuts.

They voted to raise everyone's taxes.

I see, so when the Repubs introduce a bill that extends the "tax cuts" (in reality just the current tax rate) to all and Dems all vote against it you'll no doubt start another thread decrying how Dems voted to raise everyone's taxes right? :lol:

it was likely attached to it
and this was nothing but a power play by the dems
so assholes like the OP could make hay with it
What ploy? The House scheduled a vote, just like the Regressives wanted.

And 168 Regressives voted to raise EVERYBODY's taxes.

Without researching this I believe this is the bill that the repubs voted against because it only included tax cuts for the middle and not for everyone. They are going to allow the democrats to raise taxes on the rich which isn't going to help small buisnesses and jobs.

In my opinion the republicans didn't want to shoot themselves in the foot like the dems are doing.......AGAIN!!

Nope your facts are wrong , this bill lowered everyones taxes including the wealthy.

They would get their first 250,000 of income at the lower tax rates.

The Rs voted to raise taxes on the wealthy too.

Your link goes to a bill about airports, not raising taxes

You're a fucking liar. Republicans want to keep the current tax rate for everyone. The democrats hates rich people and small businesses and want to tax the hell out of them.

Why do you liberal fucks have to lie?

Why do you say they hate rich people when this bill included a tax cut for them?

The democrats hates rich people and small businesses and want to tax the hell out of them.
Dude, I possess enormous wealth and earn millions each year. The increase in my federal income tax rate, if the Bush tax cuts expire, wouldn't even come to close to taxing the hell out of me.

PS: I earn millions each year from municipal bonds, none of which is even subject to the federal income tax.

Last edited:

You're a fucking liar. Republicans want to keep the current tax rate for everyone. The democrats hates rich people and small businesses and want to tax the hell out of them.

Why do you liberal fucks have to lie?
Democrats ARE the rich people according to Heritage.org, so what do you care if they want to tax the hell out of themselves???

Democrats wake up to being the party of the rich | The Heritage Foundation
November 6, 2007
Democrats wake up to being the party of the rich
by Michael Franc

More and more Democrats represent areas with a high concentration of wealthy households. Using Internal Revenue Service data, the Heritage Foundation identified two categories of taxpayers - single filers with incomes of more than $100,000 and married filers with incomes of more than $200,000 - and combined them to discern where the wealthiest Americans live and who represents them.
Democrats now control the majority of the nation's wealthiest congressional jurisdictions. More than half of the wealthiest households are concentrated in the 18 states where Democrats control both Senate seats.

The democrats hates rich people and small businesses and want to tax the hell out of them.
Dude, I possess enormous wealth and earn millions each year. The increase in my federal income tax rate, if the Bush tax cuts expire, wouldn't even come to close to taxing the hell out of me.

PS: I earn millions each year from municipal bonds, none of which is even subject to the federal income tax.

Exactly. The so called "super-rich" don't even make money from "income".

Unless spending is cut drastically this whole debate over whether or not we put a 39% tax or a 35% tax on people who earn 250k in income is such a waste of time.

Why do you say they hate rich people when this bill included a tax cut for them?

There is no tax cut you dumbfuck. The issue is whether or not to keep the current tax rate and not let it expire. Letting it expire would mean a tax increase.

Damn you're stupid!

Not everyone has the millions you have.

With an average return of 4 to 5 percent I think you're full of shit.

Last edited:
Without researching this I believe this is the bill that the repubs voted against because it only included tax cuts for the middle and not for everyone. They are going to allow the democrats to raise taxes on the rich which isn't going to help small buisnesses and jobs.

In my opinion the republicans didn't want to shoot themselves in the foot like the dems are doing.......AGAIN!!

That is false. This is a tax cut that affects everybody.
nope, it doesnt
Yes, it does. Every single American gets a tax cut on the first $250,000.

Do you have any more FAIL to spread?

That is false. This is a tax cut that affects everybody.

Wrong, the Dems in the House only want the tax to remain the same for those making 250000 or less. MORON.
You're an idiot.

Forum List

Back