16% of Americans do not believe in Climate Change.

We should go back to doing science via real world experiment as opposed to accepting the output of computer models as if it were actual data.

And how would you suggest scientists forecast future trends?

The point he was making, rather obviously, is that a forecast or prediction should remain simply that, and not be claimed as a statement of certain fact.

Quantum Windbag,

Could I ask you where you got that cartoon you use for your avatar?

From the XKCD cartoon series. It's an internet cartoon, generally covering geekly topics. That particular cartoon is here, and you can get to the whole series from the link.

xkcd: Duty Calls

Here's the other I particularly like. It's why I often walk up to my cat and yell "You're a kitty!". And yes, kitty is sleeping next to me as I post. Why do you ask?

cat_proximity.png

"Not concerned" and "not believing" are two different things.

Only to religious fanatics maybe. In the real world you are being proven wrong over and over and over again.

Thanks for playing.......

Given that I said I have no opinion on global warming, and given that ideological hacks and fanatics are those that have no use nor understanding of basic concepts, of nuance, or of the difference between opinion and empiricism, there is a fanatic in this exchange, but it ain't me.

"Not concerned" and "not believing" are two different things.

Only to religious fanatics maybe. In the real world you are being proven wrong over and over and over again.

Given that I said I have no opinion on global warming, and given that ideological hacks and fanatics are those that have no use nor understanding of basic concepts, of nuance, or of the difference between opinion and empiricism, there is a fanatic in this exchange, but it ain't me.

:lol::lol::lol: I have NEVER seen you make a skeptical post. Not once. Try being truthful sometime...

:lol::lol::lol: I have NEVER seen you make a skeptical post. Not once. Try being truthful sometime...

You've never seen me make a supportive post either.

If you weren't a hack, you'd realize the difference.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back