16% of Americans do not believe in Climate Change.

Saigon

Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Picking up on a point made by Westwall...

Yep, that's why we're winning the war for public opinion. Keep yapping to yourself. I ascribe it to the same sort of behavior that cats do when they are sadly on the verge of passing away and they purr to help themselves. Keep on purring kitty....

I thought it might be worth looking at the REAL numbers...

Nearly two in three Americans (63%) believe global warming is happening. Relatively few – only 16 percent – believe it is not. However, since Fall 2012, the percentage of Americans who believe global warming is happening has dropped 7 points to 63%, likely influenced by the relatively cold winter of 2012-13 in the United States and an unusually cold March just before the survey was conducted.

Those who believe global warming is happening are more certain of their convictions than those who do not. Of the 63% of Americans who believe global warming is happening, most say they are “very” (33%) or “extremely sure” (27%). By contrast, of the unconvinced, fewer are very (28%) or extremely sure of their view (18%).

Global warming is also perceived as a threat to people in developing countries (55%, down 9 points since September 2012, but similar to March 2012), in other modern industrialized countries (53%, down 4 points since September, but up 4 points since March 2012), and in the United States (52%, down 5 points since September, but up 6 points since March 2012).

- See more at: Americans? Global Warming Beliefs and Attitudes in April 2013 | Yale Project on Climate Change Communication

AGW, it can't be demonstrated in a lab, it can only be believed

Your faith in AGW has healed the planet, now go and warm no more

220px-Marshall_Applewhite.jpg

You see now why we keep calling it a Cult?

Climate changes all the time.

I believe the earth is slightly warmer I even believe humans can contribute to that but I do not believe it's going to result in some biblical catastrophe.

Climate changes all the time.

I believe the earth is slightly warmer I even believe humans can contribute to that but I do not believe it's going to result in some biblical catastrophe.

I don't think it will be a biblical catastrophe either - at least not for the next few decades.

I think it is more something that will almost imperceptably impact on our lives though. It's already having quite an effect on farmers, and that is already hitting food prices...that kind of thing I think we can see now in most countries. It will be a slow process of global change taking place over many, many years.

Let's do a poll and ask: Do you believe people have seen UFOs? I guarantee, an overwhelming majority will answer "yes" to this question, because it is obvious that people do report to have seen UFOs. Now, does that mean most people believe UFOs are aliens visiting from another planet? We don't know, the poll didn't ask that question. And that's what we have here, a poll that doesn't indicate anything more than the obvious. The debate is not whether the planet has a changing climate, it certainly does. All we need to do is look at climatic temperature records and see, it warms and cools in cycles. The question is, do humans have anything to do with the degree at which it changes? If so, how much of a factor is that, and does it pose a risk? These questions were not asked.

What has happened since the discovery of cooked statistics in the AGW theory, is the proponents of AGW have resorted to this kind of trickery, and appealing to the stupid. Seems it is more and more common these days, to exploit the 'sheeple' mentality of a mindless public. From MY perspective, this trend in human behavior poses far more potential risk than human contribution to climate change.

It's already having quite an effect on farmers, and that is already hitting food prices...

So the fact that fuel prices have increased about 400% over the past decade, has nothing to do with food prices increasing? Much of that increase is due to governmental mandates to comply with standards to help mitigate human contribution to 'global warming'.

Climatic conditions beyond our control, affect food prices all the time. This has been true since man invented agriculture. If anything, it should prove to your dumb ass, that man can't control the environment. We can't prevent floods or droughts, we can't stop frost from killing oranges, or water from destroying cotton. These are just facts of life we have to deal with, and we've always managed to deal with. What has changed dramatically, is government interfering with mandates and regulations, which just continues to be heaped on top of each other, year after year. Again.... FAR greater threat than anything man is doing to cause climate change.

Boss -

Firstly, the entire scientific community does not confirm the presence of UFOs in our atmosphere.

Secondly, many things impact food prices. No one claimed otherwise. Climate change is one of those things.

Lastly, it puzzles me that you can talk about "sheeple" in the same post as dismissing the past 50 years of scientific research out of hand. You might want to consider why not a single scientific organisation agrees with your theories before you go to far criticising others.

Last edited:
The warming fanatics haven't been able to win on science.. NOW -- they are desparately doing a PR hatchet job on opinions..

Saigon and GoldiRocks need a GOOD MEATY weather disaster to keep the tribe in line..

Again with the strawman. No one disputes that the climate changes.

The dispute is whether or not the activities of man are responsible for global change. We can all provide any amount of hard, observed evidence that the cliamte changes and is changing. None of us, however, can provide the first bit of hard, observed, repeatable evidence that the activities of man are responsible for global climate change.

It is idiots like you who give idiots a bad name.

I don't think it will be a biblical catastrophe either - at least not for the next few decades.

I think it is more something that will almost imperceptably impact on our lives though. It's already having quite an effect on farmers, and that is already hitting food prices...that kind of thing I think we can see now in most countries. It will be a slow process of global change taking place over many, many years.

Moron. What is hitting food prices is the fact that other morons have decided that it would be a good idea to use food for fuel. The past years have seen bumper crops of grains but rather than use them to feed the world, idiots are processing all that food into fuel that is bad for engines, produces more CO2 and costs more.

Lastly, it puzzles me that you can talk about "sheeple" in the same post as dismissing the past 50 years of scientific research out of hand. You might want to consider why not a single scientific organisation agrees with your theories before you go to far criticising others.

Don't you think that at some point in the past 50 years of climate "research" that someone would have done a lab experiment to actually demonstrate the mechanism by which the AGW hypothesis works if there were, in fact, such a mechanism?

I mean really, if adding CO2 to a volume of gas caused some degree of warming, don't you think it could be readily demonstrated? Of course it can't because the only way CO2 will cause warming is if there is enough of it to change the atmospheric pressure and the ideal gas laws tell us that if that happens, that warming will, in fact happen and that can be demonstrated in any half decent lab.

oh for crying out loud...Everyone knows the damn climate changes...It's a natural function of earth

some don't believe that in just 150 or so years MAN has had the IMPACT on climate like you brainwashed sheep do...

Boss -

Firstly, the entire scientific community does not confirm the presence of UFOs in our atmosphere.

Secondly, many things impact food prices. No one claimed otherwise. Climate change is one of those things.

Well I would say that most scientists probably would agree that people do sight and report UFOs regularly, if they don't believe this, there are many sources who can document the reports to show this is the case. And I would have a scientist committed to an insane asylum if they argued there wasn't a presence of CO2 in the atmosphere, because there certainly is. There always has been, even before man roamed the Earth.

Again, changes in climatic conditions have always affected the price of food, it's called "supply and demand" and when there is less of something, it costs more. Droughts, floods, hard freezes, etc., all happen on Earth, and always have. This has been the case since before mankind existed, and will be the case after we're gone.

Now, as for my "theories" ...I don't think I've presented any. All I have presented is facts. YOU are the one with a theory, and that is, that mankind is causing climate change. I submit that climate changes happened before man was around, and there is no evidence man is causing the changes. You see, it's up to you to prove your theory, and you can't do that by pointing to the obvious things that everyone already knows, like the fact that there is CO2 in the atmosphere, and always has been. Or the fact that climatic conditions change on Earth, and always have done so. Or even the fact that most scientists and most people agree with both of these obvious facts.

You also need to be careful about claims that "Most scientists agree that man is causing climate change" because this is not true. A lot of climatologists make this argument, but then, they are receiving billions of government dollars in grants to study and research it, so they have kind of a vested interest in this viewpoint. When we leave the realm of climatology, we find the scientific community is about the same as the general public, with regard to the theory. But there are scientists, specifically those who deal with plant life, called botanists, who argue that plant life on Earth was starving for CO2 as recently as 600 years ago, and had it not been for rising CO2 levels, all plant life may have died, leaving us dead as well.

Now here's the deal, let me explain it to you.... Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, and others, have convinced you of something that isn't true. Their reasoning and justification, is to be able to sock it to corporations and big business, so the government can have money to pay for more social welfare programs. Whether you are just enamored with these men, or you share their lust for punishing capitalists, or whether you are just a 'sheeple' who honestly believes he is doing good by fighting this battle, makes no difference to me.

oh for crying out loud...Everyone knows the damn climate changes...It's a natural function of earth

some don't believe that in just 150 or so years MAN has had the IMPACT on climate like you brainwashed sheep do...

Frankly my deer (yeah, I spelled it the way I needed) brainwashed sheep are less ignorant and a hell of a lot smarter than you. Anyone who has read your 'ruts' know this to be true.

Yep, that's why we're winning the war for public opinion. Keep yapping to yourself. I ascribe it to the same sort of behavior that cats do when they are sadly on the verge of passing away and they purr to help themselves. Keep on purring kitty....

Nearly two in three Americans (63%) believe global warming is happening. Relatively few – only 16 percent – believe it is not. However, since Fall 2012, the percentage of Americans who believe global warming is happening has dropped 7 points to 63%, likely influenced by the relatively cold winter of 2012-13 in the United States and an unusually cold March just before the survey was conducted.

Those who believe global warming is happening are more certain of their convictions than those who do not. Of the 63% of Americans who believe global warming is happening, most say they are “very” (33%) or “extremely sure” (27%). By contrast, of the unconvinced, fewer are very (28%) or extremely sure of their view (18%).

Global warming is also perceived as a threat to people in developing countries (55%, down 9 points since September 2012, but similar to March 2012), in other modern industrialized countries (53%, down 4 points since September, but up 4 points since March 2012), and in the United States (52%, down 5 points since September, but up 6 points since March 2012).

- See more at: Americans? Global Warming Beliefs and Attitudes in April 2013 | Yale Project on Climate Change Communication

And in the real world....

Poll: Many Americans not all that concerned about climate change

Poll: Many Americans not all that concerned about climate change ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Americans Among Least Concerned About Climate Change

Americans Among Least Concerned About Climate Change

And, just so you don't try and blame "stupid Americans" here is what the EU has to say about it...

New EU Poll: Europeans No Longer Concerned About Climate Change

Last year a paltry 5% of all Europeans rated climate change as their most pressing concern. In the new poll the percentage has gone down to 4%. Most likely climate change will soon disappear completely, despite of the barrage of alarmist propaganda produced in Brussels (and funded by European taxpayers).

Only in Malta (22%), Sweden (19%) and Germany (10%) does the number get into double digits. Even in Hedegaard’s home country Denmark, only 9% of the people rate climate change as their main concern. And in seven countries Slovakia, Hungary, Portugal, Spain, Latvia, Estonia and Greece the number is zero (0%).

http://ec.europa.eu/public_opinion/archives/eb/eb79/eb79_first_en.pdf

Must suck to be you......

Last edited:

Frankly my deer (yeah, I spelled it the way I needed) brainwashed sheep are less ignorant and a hell of a lot smarter than you. Anyone who has read your 'ruts' know this to be true.

You would know about ruts...that is all you post because you are a nasty, rude, ass and everybody who reads your "ruts", like this one know this to be true...
now carry on:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Why should I care?

Five time in the 19th century it snowed on the 4th of July in Maryland.

In 1816, there was no summer...freezing cold throughout June, July and August.

Missouri was once under a vast sea.

Man walked from Eurasia to North America.

Climates change.

Without our help or hindrance.

Forum List

Back