15 Year Old Sailor Girl Found Alive!!!!

No my dear, this nation used to respect ADULTS that tried.

Oh and as long as we're talking about what our nation used to respect. We used to respect people who didn't suck up valuable resources out of nothing more than VANITY and PRIDE.

You want American kids to grow up thinking it's ok to do stupid things because someone else will always be there to save their asses? Odd, I was raised, and have raised my own son, to believe that you and you alone are responsible for yourself , so you better not do stupid tings that you might not be able to save yourself from.

You keep hollering about progressives , but as I read this thread it is YOU that seem to be the progressive.

16 yos used to be adults, until progressives came along. Now they don't want them to be adults until they are 26, but they will let them vote.

yeah, she's been spotted and contacted.

Round-the-world teen sailor alive, well - TODAY People

Searchers have contacted a 16-year-old Southern California girl feared lost at sea and found her alive and well in her disabled boat.
now this family will make more money off the media attention.

gawd, some people... and their children ... Let Freedom Ring! Society Has No Say in How People Raise Their children!!!

Brazilian man accused of fathering seven children with daughter - CNN.com

According to police, Pereira had sex with his daughter since she was 12 years old. Now 29, the daughter has seven children from her father.

"It is a crime. I know that it is a crime," Pereira told Record TV. "But she was committing the crime as well, wasn't she? Then, I had to do it."

"A farmer only does things because the other consents, because if the other doesn't consent, the person doesn't do (it)," he added.

Does the fact that she is alive and well, and has enough food for a couple of weeks, prove that her parents were correct when they thought she could deal with the risks?

NO. Because unless hse had enough water and food to survive in perpetuity eventually someone had to go save her ass.

What part of this is a CHILD are you not getting. A CHILD is NOT able to comprehend the possible ramifications of such decisions. That's what parents are for. To help make GOOD decisions. The complete opposite happened here and bad decisions were made.

At 20 years old if you want to risk your life for something stupid, go for it, hell we've all probably done stupid dangerous things; but at 16 a responsible adult is supposed to be in the picture to prevent such things.

I am shocked at how many people don't get this very simple concept... At 16 how many kids would choose not to go to school if parents, and society, didn't make them; even though there is no doubt that a high school education is of the utmost importance?

There is a reason we don't allow 16 year old CHILDREN to make their own decisions.

On top of that, this girl didn't decide to do this, her parents convinced her to do it, that is pretty obvious.

No my dear, this nation used to respect ADULTS that tried.

Oh and as long as we're talking about what our nation used to respect. We used to respect people who didn't suck up valuable resources out of nothing more than VANITY and PRIDE.

You want American kids to grow up thinking it's ok to do stupid things because someone else will always be there to save their asses? Odd, I was raised, and have raised my own son, to believe that you and you alone are responsible for yourself , so you better not do stupid tings that you might not be able to save yourself from.

You keep hollering about progressives , but as I read this thread it is YOU that seem to be the progressive.

16 yos used to be adults, until progressives came along. Now they don't want them to be adults until they are 26, but they will let them vote.

You mean they used to not be treated differently than adults until thinking people came along and realized that at 16 children are not yet mature enough to be treated as adults. 26? Where did you pick that arbitrary number out of?

Let Freedom Ring! Society Has No Say in How People Raise Their children!!!

Nor should they. How I raise my son is nobody's business. How other people raise their kids is not my business.

You are correct, unless and until you need that society to save your child from a stupid decision you make.

I don't make stupid decisions that would require the "all knowing" government to come in and fix them.

Let's say you decide your child doesn't need an education, and upon growing up that child can't even get the most mundane of jobs and so has to go on welfare to survive. Shouldn't society be allowed a mechanism to assure that your stupidity doesn't cost others money ?

False Dichotemy. You assume the government should be providing welfare benefits to people. They don't have to. They choose to.

As far as education goes, it's not like the public education system in this country is something to sing praises about. Inner city school districts are lucky to even graduate have of their student body. You've got millions of kids going through the government schools ending up on welfare anyway. Wow, what success!

The education of my child should be what ever I choose it to be, period.

Okay, her parents should pay all expenses incurred for her rescue. That is only fair.

Nor should they. How I raise my son is nobody's business. How other people raise their kids is not my business.

You are missing the point. You cannot starve your kids, or beat them, and you cannot keep them from elementary education/schooling.

Stop misinterpreting what the adults were talking about. You are starting to sound like that psychotic Sgt guy

Physical abuse is an entirely different story. The douche who started this thread (was that you?) seems to think that parental rights should be trumped by government bureaucrats.

You are missing the point. You cannot starve your kids, or beat them, and you cannot keep them from elementary education/schooling.

Stop misinterpreting what the adults were talking about. You are starting to sound like that psychotic Sgt guy

Physical abuse is an entirely different story. The douche who started this thread (was that you?) seems to think that parental rights should be trumped by government bureaucrats.

WOW you , and others are fucking dense.

IF you rely on the government for something, you give the government the right to have a say on that area. Ergo, if you rely on the government to come save your ass if you get lost at sea the government has an absolute right to set standards on who they save, how they do it, and whether they charge for it or not. Meaning they can say "no you can't let your 16 y/o child go out to see by herself where potentially we may have to go save her"

Or are you suggesting we should just be able to demand whatever we want from the government and they should just hand it over , no questions asked?

The foundation of a truly free society.

If you live in a vacuum. We do not.

If we lived it your libertarian world , children would still be working in dangerous working conditions, I assure you that some parents would love the extra income at the expense of their child's education, but no we as a society have said "there are certain things you just can't do"

NO. Because unless hse had enough water and food to survive in perpetuity eventually someone had to go save her ass.

What part of this is a CHILD are you not getting. A CHILD is NOT able to comprehend the possible ramifications of such decisions. That's what parents are for. To help make GOOD decisions. The complete opposite happened here and bad decisions were made.

At 20 years old if you want to risk your life for something stupid, go for it, hell we've all probably done stupid dangerous things; but at 16 a responsible adult is supposed to be in the picture to prevent such things.

I am shocked at how many people don't get this very simple concept... At 16 how many kids would choose not to go to school if parents, and society, didn't make them; even though there is no doubt that a high school education is of the utmost importance?

There is a reason we don't allow 16 year old CHILDREN to make their own decisions.

On top of that, this girl didn't decide to do this, her parents convinced her to do it, that is pretty obvious.

What part of parents are you not getting? They knew the ramifications, and decided that she could handle them. It seems that they were right, she survived a storm that disabled her boat. Would you expect your children, if you allow them to drive before they move out of your repressive home, to be able to survive if they get caught in a storm that is beyond their control? To stay with the car if it was disabled and not panic, thus making things worse?

Let me try this in simple words so you will get it, she did not make this decision alone, she made it with the support of her parents, and they were right about her. She was able to deal with everything, even the potential disasters, just like they thought she would. If she had set out to sail around the world, and ended up in Alaska, you would have a point. As it currently stands, all you have is a rant.

The problem is that you cannot tell other parents how they should raise their children. Wright or wrong this girl is not your child to make decisions for.

The girl proved her salt, she made if off a ship in distress. She activated her emergency beacon, made it to her life raft and survived. Alone. Good for her!

You mean they used to not be treated differently than adults until thinking people came along and realized that at 16 children are not yet mature enough to be treated as adults. 26? Where did you pick that arbitrary number out of?

I didn't pick it, Democrats did. Ask them where they pulled it from.

:lol: Did she save herself?

You fucking retard

Is she alive? In good health and spirits? Did she manage to turn on her emergency transponders? Did she keep her radio intact so she could respond to the plane that located her?

My answer to your question is yes, but now she needs some help with her boat.

it's in the news. she's okay. help is on the way. probably got there already for all I know

The problem is that you cannot tell other parents how they should raise their children. Wright or wrong this girl is not your child to make decisions for.

The girl proved her salt, she made if off a ship in distress. She activated her emergency beacon, made it to her life raft and survived. Alone. Good for her!

And you are quite wrong. Society has often told parents how they should raise their children.

You can't sell your children
You can't neglect their education
You can't let them drink
You can't let them text and drive
You can't let them ......................

Well you ,should, get the point...........

And you are quite wrong. Society has often told parents how they should raise their children.

You can't let them drink

:eusa_whistle:

What part of parents are you not getting? They knew the ramifications, and decided that she could handle them. It seems that they were right, she survived a storm that disabled her boat. Would you expect your children, if you allow them to drive before they move out of your repressive home, to be able to survive if they get caught in a storm that is beyond their control? To stay with the car if it was disabled and not panic, thus making things worse?

Let me try this in simple words so you will get it, she did not make this decision alone, she made it with the support of her parents, and they were right about her. She was able to deal with everything, even the potential disasters, just like they thought she would. If she had set out to sail around the world, and ended up in Alaska, you would have a point. As it currently stands, all you have is a rant.

Oh, I'm sure they were quite aware that the odds were that a multi national multi million dollar rescue would be needed to save their little princess and chose to let her do it anyway, you prove the point of how stupid these parents are.

By the way, the very fact that she needed help from ANYONE else negates your argument that she was self sufficient and independent.

You can't let them drink

:) trust me I understand your point and I agree that parents should be the absolute final judge of what their children do and don't do. Parents should be the judge of how mature their children are. But this decision to sail solo around the world was made between the girl and her parents. The girl wanted to go and the parents agreed. No societal laws were broken. It is an affront to your parenting style, not theirs.

I don't believe that this girls parents would have let her attempt this voyage if they did not think she could actually do it.

If they did think she was somehow lacking in any skill to accomplish this voyage and they still let her go, then the parents were wrong and should be hung out to dry :)

Oh, I'm sure they were quite aware that the odds were that a multi national multi million dollar rescue would be needed to save their little princess and chose to let her do it anyway, you prove the point of how stupid these parents are.

By the way, the very fact that she needed help from ANYONE else negates your argument that she was self sufficient and independent.

Your racial and class envy is showing.

The Australian Coast Guard sent out one plane to locate her, and a couple of volunteer ships are on the way to render aid. I would hardly call that a multinational multi-million dollar rescue effort. The fact that she lived through a storm in that part of the ocean shows a lot, I have actually been in that part of the ocean during one of those winter storms, and her survival more than proves that her parents were right to trust her.

You can't let them drink

:) trust me I understand your point and I agree that parents should be the absolute final judge of what their children do and don't do. Parents should be the judge of how mature their children are. But this decision to sail solo around the world was made between the girl and her parents. The girl wanted to go and the parents agreed. No societal laws were broken. It is an affront to your parenting style, not theirs.

I don't believe that this girls parents would have let her attempt this voyage if they did not think she could actually do it.

If they did think she was somehow lacking in any skill to accomplish this voyage and they still let her go, then the parents were wrong and should be hung out to dry :)

NO THEY SHOULDN'T, not when their decisions affect others. What part of SOCIETY do you not understand? If you expect society to pick up the pieces of the consequences of your bad decisions than you implicitly give society the right to have a say in those bad decisions.

These morons KNEW without a doubt that if something happened someone else would save their brat, for free. Are you seriously suggesting that is an acceptable attitude?

Forum List

Back