15 year old has new "Pledge of Allegiance"

15 year old kid takes notice of this "modern world"
This young fellow from Arizona received an A for his effort.

New Pledge of Allegiance

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,
it violates the Bill Of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or
green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom
scene..
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious
vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith
at all..
In silence alone we must meditate
God's name is prohibited by the state.

(snip)

No big deal. God prefers that we pray in secret anyway.

Matt 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

The Thanksgiving holiday was established in 1863 by President Lincoln - not Washington as he died in 1753.
You are very selective in where you begin and end your quotes on top of the error in dates. George Washington was a Mason, Thomas Jefferson was a Deist and Lincoln was never a member of any church. He was considered a deist but never actually said what his beliefs were. Does that sound like the founders of a Christian nation?
Matters not if he is selective, only that he's right in his selections and words written to make the point.

New Pledge of Allegiance

green,
scene..
vice.

at all..

(snip)

Matt 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Yes and he also says that anyone ashamed to speak his name, so shall he be ashamed to speak that persons name before the father.

The Thanksgiving holiday was established in 1863 by President Lincoln - not Washington as he died in 1753.
You are very selective in where you begin and end your quotes on top of the error in dates. George Washington was a Mason, Thomas Jefferson was a Deist and Lincoln was never a member of any church. He was considered a deist but never actually said what his beliefs were. Does that sound like the founders of a Christian nation?
Matters not if he is selective, only that he's right in his selections and words written to make the point.

There is no "selectivity" here. These are the writings of these individuals. Perhaps they were not "Christian" - I can't make that distinction. However, any person who contends that the founders were not "Godly men" are simply ignoring the truth.

I would ask you, however, to take into account that this gentleman posted incorrect statements concerning George Washington and his proclamation of the first Thanksgiving and even the man's death.

Now, who's being "selective" here?

New Pledge of Allegiance

green,
scene..
vice.

at all..

(snip)

Matt 10:27
What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.

:eusa_pray:

Look, if you're not even going to ATTEMPT to get your facts straight, there's not much anyone can do for you. Take a moment and actually LEARN something, will you? It will do you no harm.....

First Thanksgiving Proclamation-1789

George Washington died December 14, 1799

Oh, and yes, they sound EXACTLY like the founders of a "Judeo-Christian based" nation.

Your information is not about the national holiday it is about a one of many times that there was a "day of thanks" offered by an official. If you actually looked up the history you would find:

Thanksgiving in the United States was observed on various dates throughout history. From the time of the Founding Fathers until the time of Lincoln, the date Thanksgiving was observed varied from state to state. The final Thursday in November had become the customary date in most U.S. states by the beginning of the 19th century. Thanksgiving was first celebrated on the same date by all states in 1863 by a presidential proclamation of Abraham Lincoln. Influenced by the campaigning of author Sarah Josepha Hale, who wrote letters to politicians for around 40 years trying to make it an official holiday, Lincoln proclaimed the date to be the final Thursday in November in an attempt to foster a sense of American unity between the Northern and Southern states.[25] Because of the ongoing Civil War and the Confederate States of America's refusal to recognize Lincoln's authority, a nationwide Thanksgiving date was not realized until Reconstruction was completed in the 1870s.

On December 26, 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a joint resolution of Congress changing the national Thanksgiving Day from the last Thursday in November to the fourth Thursday. Two years earlier, Roosevelt had used a presidential proclamation to try to achieve this change, reasoning that earlier celebration of the holiday would give the country an economic boost.

Thanksgiving Day, currently celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November by federal legislation in 1941, has been an annual tradition in the United States by presidential proclamation since 1863 and by state legislation since the Founding Fathers of the United States. Historically, Thanksgiving began as a tradition of celebrating the harvest of the year.

George Washington

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Born

February 22, 1732
Westmoreland, Virginia, British America

I did make a mistake on the date of Washington's death but it was still before Thanksgiving was a national holiday.

Died

December 14, 1799 (aged 67)
Mount Vernon, Virginia, U.S.

Look, if you're not even going to ATTEMPT to get your facts straight, there's not much anyone can do for you. Take a moment and actually LEARN something, will you? It will do you no harm.....

Oh, and yes, they sound EXACTLY like the founders of a "Judeo-Christian based" nation.

Your information is not about the national holiday it is about a one of many times that there was a "day of thanks" offered by an official. If you actually looked up the history you would find:

Thanksgiving in the United States was observed on various dates throughout history. From the time of the Founding Fathers until the time of Lincoln, the date Thanksgiving was observed varied from state to state. The final Thursday in November had become the customary date in most U.S. states by the beginning of the 19th century. Thanksgiving was first celebrated on the same date by all states in 1863 by a presidential proclamation of Abraham Lincoln. Influenced by the campaigning of author Sarah Josepha Hale, who wrote letters to politicians for around 40 years trying to make it an official holiday, Lincoln proclaimed the date to be the final Thursday in November in an attempt to foster a sense of American unity between the Northern and Southern states.[25] Because of the ongoing Civil War and the Confederate States of America's refusal to recognize Lincoln's authority, a nationwide Thanksgiving date was not realized until Reconstruction was completed in the 1870s.

On December 26, 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a joint resolution of Congress changing the national Thanksgiving Day from the last Thursday in November to the fourth Thursday. Two years earlier, Roosevelt had used a presidential proclamation to try to achieve this change, reasoning that earlier celebration of the holiday would give the country an economic boost.

Thanksgiving Day, currently celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November by federal legislation in 1941, has been an annual tradition in the United States by presidential proclamation since 1863 and by state legislation since the Founding Fathers of the United States. Historically, Thanksgiving began as a tradition of celebrating the harvest of the year.

George Washington

Born

February 22, 1732

I did make a mistake on the date of Washington's death but it was still before Thanksgiving was a national holiday.

Died

George Washington was asked BY CONGRESS to recommend a "National Day of Thanksgiving". He did that. It was made a "permanent National Holiday" by Abraham Lincoln. However, "Thanksgiving" has been celebrated since the days of George Washington.

This is no different than the celebration of Christmas. It wasn't a "recognized" National Holiday until Ulysses S. Grant in 1870 - so what? Were all celebrations up to that point not equally valid?

I invite you to take just a moment and actually READ Washington's proclamation. Does this read like a man who is more "secularist" than "Christian"??

http://www.patriotfreedom.org/news_20121116_3289/first-thanksgiving-proclamation-1789/

Again, you're simply relying on semantics to attempt to bolster your very weak argument that somehow, the founding Fathers were not "Godly Men". If you can read their writings and STILL not come away that this country was founded on Judeo-Christian values, then you are either (a) Incapable of comprehending the English language or (b) Too ignorant to face facts.

Last edited:
You stated in your post that
President George Washington said this when proclaiming our National Thanksgiving Holiday:

"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God ...."
He, George Washington, did not proclaim Thanksgiving as a national holiday - That was done by Abraham Lincoln.

A day of "thanksgiving" has been around since at least as far back as 3500 BCE as recorded in the history of Sumer. Their "thanksgiving" was a week long celebration of the harvest. That practice was continued in almost every culture up to the present day. You have changed what you said to what you can think of to cover your mistake rather than admit it and go on- like I did with the error in my dates.

You stated in your post that
President George Washington said this when proclaiming our National Thanksgiving Holiday:

"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God ...."
He, George Washington, did not proclaim Thanksgiving as a national holiday - That was done by Abraham Lincoln.

A day of "thanksgiving" has been around since at least as far back as 3500 BCE as recorded in the history of Sumer. Their "thanksgiving" was a week long celebration of the harvest. That practice was continued in almost every culture up to the present day. You have changed what you said to what you can think of to cover your mistake rather than admit it and go on- like I did with the error in my dates.

OK. You started your "defense" of secularism by stating that your "proof" was a "treaty" made between the Government of the United States and the criminal pirate Muslims of the Africa Coast. That is patently ridiculous.

Then you state that the founding Fathers did not found this country on Judeo-Christian values. Your "proof" was that they were Masons (Hell, I'm a Mason and no- I'be never been told of giant gold stashes in the woods) or they were this or that or whatever.

Now, you stand on some legalistic notion that because Washington didn't proclaim Thanksgiving as a "National Holiday" - Um skippy - there were NO NATIONAL HOLIDAYS back then - that somehow you have proven your argument.

"Let he who has eyes see - and let he who has ears hear"

First Thanksgiving Proclamation 1789

First Thanksgiving Proclamation
George Washington
October 3, 1789
THE FIRST THANKSGIVING PROCLAMATION

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the Providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor, and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint committee requested me to commend to the people of United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness, now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next, to be devoted to the service of that great and glorious Being, Who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or will be."
George Washington-1789

The Treaty of Tripoly was signed by every member of, congress, the vice president and the president in 1796 and stated in article 11:
"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

This more or less proves that the USA was not founded on Christian principles. Facts are facts. The USA is not nor has it ever been a Chistian Nation.
My proof was that There were very few Christians among our founders - so where would Christian principles come from?
I proved that Washington did not institute Thnksgiving as a national holiday which was what you claimed.
I also recognized that you haven't the fortitude to admit your mistake and you just keep dodging that fact.

The Treaty of Tripoly was signed by every member of, congress, the vice president and the president in 1796 and stated in article 11:
"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

This more or less proves that the USA was not founded on Christian principles. Facts are facts. The USA is not nor has it ever been a Chistian Nation.
My proof was that There were very few Christians among our founders - so where would Christian principles come from?
I proved that Washington did not institute Thnksgiving as a national holiday which was what you claimed.
I also recognized that you haven't the fortitude to admit your mistake and you just keep dodging that fact.

OK Brother....whatever you say. Years and years ago I came to the conclusion that it is impossible to fix stupid. I'll leave you to your own devices now. Have a nice day.

New Pledge of Allegiance

green,
scene..
vice.

at all..

(snip)

Yes and he also says that anyone ashamed to speak his name, so shall he be ashamed to speak that persons name before the father.

There's a time and a place for it. I'm not ashamed to speak his name, but school prayer was never about prayer, it was about being quiet for a few minutes. I can pray anytime, anywhere, and no one can stop me, that's the point. I don't need for everyone to stop and be quiet for me to do it.

New Pledge of Allegiance

green,
scene..
vice.

at all..

(snip)

Matt 10:27
What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.

:eusa_pray:
That isn't related to prayer. Nowhere does he tell us to force everyone (non-believers) to stop and be quiet so that we can pray.

He also tells us to:

Proverbs 12:16

The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult.

Remember that the next time you want to call me a POS.

Is that right? Why? Because he upsets your "progressive" sense of "values"???

The kid is a modern day prophet and you prove it.

Pretty sure no one is gonna call the Feds if you pray in school - and you shouldn't be praying in school, anyway.
he should be able to pray where he wants to as long as he doesn't endanger anyone .

And there is no law that says you cannot pray wherever and whenever you want to.

That you want everyone to know that you are praying is sort of like the Pharisees, that Jesus abhored.

Matt 23:27
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.

OK Brother....whatever you say. Years and years ago I came to the conclusion that it is impossible to fix stupid. I'll leave you to your own devices now. Have a nice day.

No wonder unbelievers don't like Christians. They don't act like it.

James 4:11-12

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

George Washington

Born

February 22, 1732

Died

Wow talk about deflection at it's absolute worst.. Its so obvious ...LOL

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
Cherry picking the bible eh ? This is why people need to study the entire word, then they would be enlightened to the word better, and the time periods in which words are spoken within the word, and how they represent the events and people at different periods or as within the events that are found within the book as told about when read, and how through out time the word does progress as the people progressed in their thoughts and within their actions taken, in which the word does apply to them always and just as well.

So, your "Holiness"....Just where did you get the notion that I'm a Christian? Being rather judgmental, aren't you? I would suggest that before you begin "casting stones", you take a hard look into your own bathroom mirror.......

George Washington

Born

February 22, 1732

Died

Wow talk about deflection at it's absolute worst.. Its so obvious ...LOL

The entire point is being missed (probably by design) by the respondent. It doesn't matter a hill of beans WHEN Thanksgiving became a Holiday - who cares?

What matters is that it was a statement issued by a Godly man, George Washington, one of the principle founders of this great nation, that gave God the glory for our founding of a nation (America) - just as the rest of the founding fathers did.

Again, I have NEVER said that we are a "Christian" nation. We are NOT. However, for anyone, in their right mind, to say that America was not founded on Judeo-Christian ideals and principles is ignoring the simple fact that the large majority of the founding fathers were Christian men who understood the importance of establishing this nation with a solid bedrock foundation.

Looking at this country today, the way the ideal and principles that this country were founded upon have been bludgeoned to death by the left, and the attempts by the left to remove any and all references to "Christianity" by brainwashing our children in schools to believe that the founding fathers were awful, terrible men, is it any wonder why people come out so vehemently fighting the notion that we were (at least) once - a good and noble place?

Forum List

Back