15 ways to manage stress in the workplace

sharif

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2011
Karachi, Pakistan
Stress is the biggest killer in today world, destroys relationships and damages productivity. I want to discuss about misery and suffering from top 15 stress management tips.

1. Centring
2. Tense and relax
3. Exercise
4. Sleep
5. Mindfulness
6. Cognitive reframing: Action and acceptance
7. Commitment (time) management
8. Attention management
9. Empathy/listening
10.Gratitude
11.NVC, social support and team building
12.Laughter, creativity and play
13.Organise
14.Design
15.Find out the meaning of your life

Hope anyone still in problem due to stress try caption stress management tips which suits you.

Yours faithfully

( Ashfaq Sharif )

Stress is the biggest killer in today world, destroys relationships and damages productivity. I want to discuss about misery and suffering from top 15 stress management tips.

1. Centring
2. Tense and relax
3. Exercise
4. Sleep
5. Mindfulness
8. Attention management
9. Empathy/listening
10.Gratitude
13.Organise
14.Design

Hope anyone still in problem due to stress try caption stress management tips which suits you.

Yours faithfully

( Ashfaq Sharif )

Well, I certainly know that the team building training classes I'm forced to attend make me suffer enough. Put me to sleep too. :)

You have to block-out (or not pay attention to) some of what goes on in the workplace, because a lot of bullying occurs at work; this could be the reason for the stress in the first place. Just remember that quite often the bullier is so insecure that you could take advantage of this, if you were so inclined. Sometimes you just have to subtly take the gloves off and play the game too and your justification; well I didn't start the @#$#@$.

I know how that is and have gone through that myself. That's why I use good stress management techniques and always try new ones to vary my tools. Best to you!

Is it possible for me to lessen my stress at the work place by punching you in the throat?

A few years ago there was a man, not a co-worker, but sort of a hanger on who made my life miserable. The skinny little mofo thought that because he was a black guy he could get away with it. I got him in the elevator, stopped it between floors and beat the crap out of him. Then I called the office and told them which elevator he was in and went to lunch.

It certainly relieved my stress and made him a MUCH more pleasant human being too.

Is it possible for me to lessen my stress at the work place by punching you in the throat?

A few years ago there was a man, not a co-worker, but sort of a hanger on who made my life miserable. The skinny little mofo thought that because he was a black guy he could get away with it. I got him in the elevator, stopped it between floors and beat the crap out of him. Then I called the office and told them which elevator he was in and went to lunch.

It certainly relieved my stress and made him a MUCH more pleasant human being too.

:eek:

October is Depression Awareness and Mental Health Screening Month...
frown.gif

Depression Awareness and Mental Health Screening
October 11, 2017 - Increasingly, even the need for officers to be alert to the signs and symptoms of depression and mental illness in themselves and their peers has been embraced.
October is Depression Awareness and Mental Health Screening Month. As awareness of depression and mental illness grows, stigmas are confronted, and many traditional prejudices fall away, people are increasingly able to speak about mental health issues with greater ease and openness than in the past. Being able to say, “I have depression” or “I suffer from mental health issues” is now – and thankfully - considered more an acknowledgement than an “admission.” In many ways law enforcement has been a leader by coming to see police officers as first responders not only to crime but also as part of the critical front line in the provision of mental health services to people in crisis. Accordingly, officers are better trained and educated than ever before, with younger officers much more open to their place on this front line. This has been remarkably beneficial for the communities they serve.

Increasingly, even the need for officers to be alert to the signs and symptoms of depression and mental illness in themselves and their peers has been embraced. The psychological risks of a law enforcement career are being taken more seriously, options for officers in need of help are being developed and implemented, and sincere efforts to reduce stigma are being made. We salute this! Still, a lot of myths surrounding depression remain, as well as negative biases towards people who have depression (and other mental illnesses). Some continue to believe it is something that classifies someone as emotionally weak or somehow lesser of a person. Others believe that a diagnosis of a depressive disorder will disqualify them from a law enforcement career, is more than it is or somehow on par with more serious and often permanently debilitating psychoses, or cannot be “fixed” through therapy or medical intervention. Myths are dangerous when facts can easily counter them, and it is our hope to further reduce stigma.

suicide.59de68e7a8b12.jpg

Depression is far too common to be embarrassed by, and far, far too serious not to take seriously.​

According to the National Alliance on Mental Health: “Major depression is a serious medical illness affecting 15 million American adults, or approximately 5-8 percent of the adult population in a given year. Unlike normal emotional experiences of sadness, loss or passing mood states, major depression is persistent and can significantly interfere with an individual's thoughts, behavior, mood, activity and physical health. Among all medical illnesses, major depression is the leading cause of disability in the United States.”

Research into depression is extensive and ongoing and has illuminated both the scope of the problem and its roots in genetic and biological etiology. In addition to what has long been understood about the biochemical aspects of depression – that depressed people have a lack of, or overproduction of, certain chemicals needed in the brain to be released into the bloodstream to stabilize a person’s mood, and that without the proper chemical balance a person’s mood will fluctuate and go to lows from which a person cannot rebound back without the proper medical help and interventions – we now know individuals coping with depression have a higher level of stress hormones present in their bodies, and that brain scans of depressed patients show decreased activity in some areas of the brain. There are other types of serious depressive disorders, as well, such as bipolar disorder, dysthymia (a chronic low-grade depression often lasting for months or years), and adjustment disorders with depressed mood. Considering the number of people suffering from these disorders the number of people touched by depression grows by millions more.

MORE

See also:

FBI: 118 Law Enforcement Officers Died in Line of Duty in 2016; 57,180 Assaulted
October 16, 2017 | 118 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty last year in the United States, the FBI reported on Monday.
That was up 37 percent from the 86 law enforcement officers who died in the line of duty in 2015. In 2016, 66 of the 118 deaths of law enforcement officers were felonious and 52 were accidental. In 2015, 41 of the 86 deaths of law enforcement officers were felonious and 45 were accidental. Another 57,180 officers were assaulted in the line of duty in 2016, and 16,535 (or about 29 percent) sustained injuries from that assault. "All of these numbers increased from figures reported in 2015, when 45 officers died accidentally and 41 were feloniously killed in the line of duty," the FBI said. A total of 50,212 assaults were reported in 2015.

Of the 66 officers killed by criminal acts in 2016:

--62 of the 66 were killed by firearms;

--51 were wearing body armor at the time they were killed;

-- 4 were killed intentionally with vehicles;

-- 17 were killed in ambushes, 13 were killed answering disturbance calls, and 9 were killed investigating suspicious people or circumstances.

Of the 52 officers who were killed in accidents in 2016, 26 were killed in auto accidents, 12 were struck by vehicles, and 7 died in motorcycles accidents. Through its Uniform Crime Reporting Program, the FBI collects data about the circumstances surrounding assaults against law enforcement and officer deaths. The data is collected from campus, local, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies, as well as FBI field offices and non-profit organizations that track line-of-duty deaths. The FBI data is used in officer safety training.

FBI: 118 Law Enforcement Officers Died in Line of Duty in 2016; 57,180 Assaulted

I think I will try #4 and take a nap at my work place and see how that goes over.

1. Centring
2. Tense and relax
3. Exercise
4. Sleep
5. Mindfulness
8. Attention management
9. Empathy/listening
10.Gratitude
13.Organise
14.Design

Yours faithfully

( Ashfaq Sharif )

Mine is "tell your boss to fuck off and get a better job", well, that's what I did last time.

Forum List

Back