14 British homes raided in anti-gun raids...but, didn't they ban and confiscate guns?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep....the British police can't stop the flow of illegal guns into Britain.......so their gun control laws work exactly as designed...they make sure only criminals have guns...and the normal, law abiding British citizen is an easy victim for violent criminals...

Police to raid homes in major gun crime operation after shooting spate

A major raid to tackle gun crime could be followed by more police operations in Liverpool neighbourhoods.

Raids on fourteen properties in Anfield yesterday saw two women arrested and shotguns, drugs and cash recovered .

And an update given to councillors before that operation suggest there could be more to come.

Merseyside Police Local Policing Chief Inspector Paul Court told the council's neighbourhoods select committee this week that where shootings had taken place people 'will be seeing more police presence in those areas in the coming weeks'.
-----

Councillor Joe Hanson, who represents Kirkdale , said there was a sense in parts of north Liverpool that the locations where shootings were happening were spreading out into newer areas.

Why do you have a problem with this ? The people who live there are fully supportive.

Why would you think I have a problem with this.....I am pointing out that gun control laws do not keep criminals from getting guns...they keep normal people from owning and carrying guns, making them easy victims for the criminals.

Why are they raiding homes for guns when guns have been banned and confiscated?

Yep....the British police can't stop the flow of illegal guns into Britain.......so their gun control laws work exactly as designed...they make sure only criminals have guns...and the normal, law abiding British citizen is an easy victim for violent criminals...

Police to raid homes in major gun crime operation after shooting spate

A major raid to tackle gun crime could be followed by more police operations in Liverpool neighbourhoods.

Raids on fourteen properties in Anfield yesterday saw two women arrested and shotguns, drugs and cash recovered .

And an update given to councillors before that operation suggest there could be more to come.

Merseyside Police Local Policing Chief Inspector Paul Court told the council's neighbourhoods select committee this week that where shootings had taken place people 'will be seeing more police presence in those areas in the coming weeks'.
-----

Councillor Joe Hanson, who represents Kirkdale , said there was a sense in parts of north Liverpool that the locations where shootings were happening were spreading out into newer areas.

I dunno if I'd bring this up. Its a logic trap like saying their lower rate of gun violence is rising.

Why do you have a problem with this ? The people who live there are fully supportive.

Why would you think I have a problem with this.....I am pointing out that gun control laws do not keep criminals from getting guns...they keep normal people from owning and carrying guns, making them easy victims for the criminals.

This is how it works dickhead.You cannot prevent people getting guns 100%. That is your straw man.
There has been a recent upsurge in that area and the police are cracking down. It happens every few years.

Meanwhile the slaughter in the US continues on an industrial scale.

This is how it works dickhead.You cannot prevent people getting guns 100%. That is your straw man.
There has been a recent upsurge in that area and the police are cracking down. It happens every few years.

Depends where you are. Lot of the US is safe as houses. A

And it does not track with gun ownership.

No.....we aren't talking 100%, twit....we are talking about Britain claiming their gun control laws work...when the police in Britain have stated to the press, that they can't stop the "increasing" flow of illegal guns into Britain.....that means there are more illegal guns going into Britain.....this isn't a temporary increase, this is a trend, as more criminals need more guns.....

And our gun murder rate is going down, even as more Americans own and carry guns...

Over the last 26 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Meanwhile, in Britain....

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK

Police
and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.
==========

Crime will continue to rise until us bobbies are released from the shackles of the PC police

The national crime figures released this week confirmed what my colleagues and I have known for some time. Violent crime is out of control and criminals now see certain cities and towns across the country as places where they can act with impunity.

This is not just about gangland battles in the likes of Brixton or Tottenham. What we are facing is a national crisis, fast spreading across the provinces.

In the West Midlands, for example, we had a murder rate last year on a par with that of London. Gun crime in our region is running at similarly high levels and violent thugs in my area have developed a

Forum List

Back