12 year old boy shot in the leg in drive by shooting in gun free Britain...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I guess they forgot to make a law in Britain that says you can't do drive by shootings........You would think that by now Britain would have made drive by shootings against the law....

Boy, 12, injured in drive-by shooting in Sheffield

A 12-year-old boy was in a stable condition on Sunday night after being shot in the leg in a drive-by attack in Sheffield.

The child was in a group of youngsters and adults gathered in the Arbourthorne area of the city at about 3.45pm on Sunday when a white car drove past and a gunman opened fire.

When police arrived, they found the boy had suffered an injury to his leg. He was taken to hospital for treatment and remained in a stable condition, police said.

Among the New Year shootings across the country, according to news and police reports:

• In Philadelphia, two people were killed on New Year’s Eve.
  • A man and a woman were shot and wounded at a bar early on New Year’s Day in South Bend, Ind.
  • In Des Moines, Iowa, a 14-year-old boy was shot and killed Wednesday morning.
  • In Kalamazoo, Mich., an 18-year-old man shot at a group of people on a porch. But the only gunshot victim, the police said, was the gunman, who shot himself in the leg.

This is just a very list of shootings on New Years Day and you expect us to condemn English gun control laws. ROFLMA.

• In a Deadly Start to 2020, Gunfire Erupts Across America

I guess they forgot to make a law in Britain that says you can't do drive by shootings........You would think that by now Britain would have made drive by shootings against the law....

A 12-year-old boy was in a stable condition on Sunday night after being shot in the leg in a drive-by attack in Sheffield.

The child was in a group of youngsters and adults gathered in the Arbourthorne area of the city at about 3.45pm on Sunday when a white car drove past and a gunman opened fire.

When police arrived, they found the boy had suffered an injury to his leg. He was taken to hospital for treatment and remained in a stable condition, police said.
Couldn't find a murder this week huh?

If only more Brits were armed, this couldn’t happen

The Guardian ? The hairdoo disaster over there calls it "Bloody Fake News"
1536533612-Boris-Johnson-960x540.jpg

gary_busey.jpg

The black market for guns in Europe is huge.

Hypocritical, isn't it? That and the ongoing knife crime.

The number of guns in the general population is small
So is the murder rate

So is the murder rate

It's too much for the 'general population'.

So is the murder rate

So do you think the answer is more guns ?

So is the murder rate

Who is talking about more guns, or answers, in this instance?

More police, definitely.

So is the murder rate

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns, but now carry them for self defense, our gun murder rate went down 49%...

With what you believe....how do you explain that?

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own but now carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%....

With what you believe,.....how do you explain that?

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns but carry them for self defense, our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

With what you believe, how do you explain that?

Nothing you believe about guns is supported by actual facts, the truth, or reality on the ground......how do you justify your believes beyond simply not liking guns?

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...
More Guns = More Gun Crime
Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.
They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...
Your Theory again....
More guns = More Gun Crime
Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.
When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, and third overall.

Meanwhile, in the United States......Americans with guns each year, on average, use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop violent rape, robbery and murder.........how do you explain that Tommy? This statistic comes from our Centers For Disease Control......a government agency filled with anti-gun extremists........

Armed citizen stops church shooter in 6 seconds....

Man shoots and kills 2 inside a Texas church before parishioners fatally shoot him - CNN

CCW Witness to Fatal Stabbing Holds Red-Handed Attacker at Gunpoint [VIDEO] - The Truth About Guns

The woman, 28-year-old Gabrielle Garcia, was with their five-year-old son at the time and had a standing no-contact order against the father. In full view of his own child as well as many witnesses, the man stabbed Garcia repeatedly, inflicting fatal injuries.

The man, identified as 29-year-old David Lee Morris, then walked out of the Seattle Center Armory (an indoor dining area) and into the street, still holding the knife and covered in blood. There, he was met by Scott Brown, who works at Skillet restaurant in Seattle Center. It was Brown’s day off, and he was dropping by to say hi to friends.

“I have a concealed weapons license,” said Brown. “[Morris] was just walking away calmly… I got next to him and I pulled out my gun and stepped in front of him. As soon as he saw that I had a firearm, he started trying to convince me to shoot him. He just kept trying to convince me to shoot him, and I didn’t want to shoot him.”

Brown did not end up having to shoot Morris (although, based on the video and witness reports, he would have had ample justification).

“Both of his hands were bloody… He was just walking toward the man with the gun,” said Eric DeAngelo, a bystander who recorded a video of the full takedown (see below). “Kept walking toward him. I don’t know what his intention was.”

Morris continued walking toward Brown, asking him to kill him, while Brown kept walking backwards, keeping Morris in his sights for several long minutes.

“I just kept trying to get him to put down the knife,” Brown recalled, “and we kept walking backwards and backwards and backwards. Way too long. I kept looking around for police, security… the point was to hold his focus. There were people everywhere.”

At last, another bystander helped subdue Morris with pepper spray until police arrived and took control. In DeAngelo’s video (around 1:45), you can see Brown looking visibly relieved as he finally puts down his gun.

5/18/18

Father Attacked at McDonald's While Holding Infant Daughter, Shoots One of Four Suspects

A father who was attacked in Memphis, Tennessee, McDonald’s while holding his infant daughter was able to get his gun and open fire, wounding one of the four attackers.
WREG quotes police saying “four suspects attempted to rob the victim at the McDonald’s in the 1400 block of South Trezevant near Lamar and Airways.” A witness described a scene in which the suspects tried to catch the father while he was too busy to fight back.

Witness David Chase said, “They jumped out of the car and they started fighting him and trying to take his wallet and stuff.” He added, “He was fighting them. He dropped his baby and started fighting them and the child was just sitting on the concrete.”

Chase then heard gunshots rang out and the suspects fled the scene. It was later learned that the father had managed to get to his gun and fire the shots, wounding one of the suspects.

ActionNews5 reports that the wounded suspect “showed up later at a nearby fire department” for treatment. His was taken to a hospital in “non-critical condition.”

========

4/5/18

Armed South Carolina Woman Chases Off Daytime Home Invader - The Truth About Guns

When Ms. Reeves ran across Ralph Goss slithering around inside her home yesterday in the middle of the afternoon, she drew her firearm. Staring down that barrel was enough to change Goss’s mind about whatever it was he had planned.

“I’m one of those people that can go from zero to a hundred in 2.5 seconds and I’m not a nice person normally, but as soon as I got on the phone with the sheriff’s department he was out of sight. The severity of it hit me, and I was in hysterics. I was crying, I was scared, I was very shaken.”

Oconee County deputies tracked Goss down within hours of Ms. Reeves’ call. And surprise! He already had several outstanding warrants for his arrest.
===============

3/28/17

CWB Chicago: River North: Motorist With Concealed-Carry Saves Victim From 3-On-1 Beat-Down And Robbery

An armed suburban man with a concealed-carry license intervened in a 3-on-1 beating and robbery in River North yesterday evening, according to a witness and police.

The victim was in the 700 block of North Clark around 8:30 p.m. when three offenders wearing white surgical masks attacked him and began taking his property, police said.

A passing motorist who saw the robbery unfold pulled over, unholstered his concealed firearm and intervened in the attack. The three offenders fled westbound on Chicago Avenue as the concealed-carry holder protected the victim, according to a witness.

The driver, who lives in Mt. Prospect, returned to his vehicle and drove away after stabilizing the situation, a witness reported.

The victim lost his phone to the robbers who were described as two black men and one black woman wearing surgical masks. One of the offenders wore a red jacket and the others wore dark clothing.
==================

Not charged for self defense shooting..

Milwaukee concealed carrier who killed carjacker acted in self defense

Milwaukee authorities decided not to press charges against the 24-year-old man who shot and killed a carjacker last month, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.

Prosecutors said the man, whose name has not been released, “lawfully acted in self defense” when he killed Carlos D. Martin, 21.

Martin, armed with a gun, tried to carjack the victim who was heading into work around 6 am on Feb. 26, according to a police statement. But the victim opened fire, striking and killing Martin.

The victim, who has a valid concealed carry license, remained on scene and cooperated with police. Martin was a felon and legally barred from possessing a gun.

“Before the summer starts, this should be a warning,” said Milwaukee police Capt. Andra Williams at a press conference last month. “This should be a wake-up call to everyone in the community that this is not a game.”

2/24/18

Video of shooting...

‘Not Going To Be Victims’: Watch Mother-Daughter Pair Use Guns To Defend Liquor Store

======

2/20/18

Good Guy With A Gun Saves Mother And Daughter Who Were Being Attacked

Law enforcement officials in New Mexico are praising a man who stepped in to save a mother and her daughter after the woman’s estranged husband rammed her car and began shooting at them.

Albuquerque Police say that 66-year-old Qian Ming intentionally crashed into the woman’s vehicle on Sunday and then opened fire, hitting his daughter in the shoulder, KRQE News 13reported.

Officer Simon Drobik says that a 34-year-old good Samaritan, who is not being named since he has not been charged with a crime, saw the attack unfold and intervened.

“Once he started walking up, he saw that there was a male violently pistol-whipping a female in the street,” Drobik said. “He got out of his vehicle and had his firearm on him and told that male to stop.”

Upon telling Ming to stop, the good Samaritan told police that he pointed the gun in his direction and that’s when he opened fire on Ming, hitting and killing him.

“Mom in the hospital said, ‘He saved our lives’,” Drobik continued. “You can’t get a stronger statement than that. So she knew it. Daughter knows it and good thing he took that type of action.”
=============

2/19/18

Homeowner shoots at drive-by suspects, killing 2

Two people are dead and one is in the hospital after a homeowner fired back during a shooting in North Houston.

Investigators say early Saturday morning a suspect vehicle drove up to the homeowner's house on Glenburnie Drive and started shooting.

The homeowner was outside at the time and he hid behind a bush in the yard and returned fire. Officers say more than 40 shots were fired in the exchange.
============

'He was crazed,' said driver caught in deadly highway shooting in Fridley

The man who rammed into the back of Irvine Doyle’s truck repeatedly stabbed at his driver’s-side window with a six-inch blade knife, all the time yelling and ranting.

That’s when Doyle saw another man approach with a gun, pointing it down toward the ground, telling the man with the knife to calm down.

“I said, ‘Thank God somebody’s here because the cops aren’t here yet,” Doyle recalled.

In an interview Friday, Doyle filled out the picture of the chaotic scene on Hwy. 65 near Medtronic Parkway on Wednesday after Simon Schiffler, 33, of Williston, N.D., set off a chain-reaction crash at a red light.

Schiffler, the man with the knife, was beyond erratic, Doyle said.

The man with gun told Schiffler to relax, Doyle said. Instead, Schiffler charged, “his knife flailing,” Doyle said.

Three shots rang out and Schiffler dropped to the ground, bleeding, Doyle said. Schiffler was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he died.

A family is likely grieving over his death, Doyle said. But he and others feared for their lives.

Among the New Year shootings across the country, according to news and police reports:

• A man and a woman were shot and wounded at a bar early on New Year’s Day in South Bend, Ind.
  • In Kalamazoo, Mich., an 18-year-old man shot at a group of people on a porch. But the only gunshot victim, the police said, was the gunman, who shot himself in the leg.

This is just a very list of shootings on New Years Day and you expect us to condemn English gun control laws. ROFLMA.

He is, like many conservatives, kinda stupid.

Yes...criminals use guns illegally.........Good guys with guns use guns to stop them...including armed citizens......

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns, but now carry them for self defense, our gun murder rate went down 49%...

With what you believe....how do you explain that?

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own but now carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%....

With what you believe,.....how do you explain that?

In the U.S. as more Americans not only own guns but carry them for self defense, our violent crime rate went down 72%.....

With what you believe, how do you explain that?

Nothing you believe about guns is supported by actual facts, the truth, or reality on the ground......how do you justify your believes beyond simply not liking guns?
Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
The anti-gun hypothesis and argument.....

More Guns = More Gun crime regardless of any other factors.

Actual Result:

In the U.S....as more Americans own and carry guns over the last 26 years, gun murder down 49%, gun crime down 75%, violent crime down 72%

The result: Exact opposite of theory of anti-gunners....

In Science when you have a theory, when that theory is tested....and the exact opposite result happens...that means your theory is wrong. That is science....not left wing wishful thinking.

Whatever the crime rate does......as more Americans owned more guns the crime rate did not go up....so again...

Britain...
More Guns = More Gun Crime
Britain had access to guns before they banned them.....they had low gun crime, low gun murder.
They banned guns, the gun murder rate spiked for 10 years then returned to the same level...
Your Theory again....
More guns = More Gun Crime
Guns Banned creates no change? That means banning guns for law abiding gun owners had no effect on gun crime.
When your theory states one thing, and you implement your theory, and nothing changes....in science, that means your theory is wrong...
-------

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, and third overall.

Forum List

Back