11 hostages taken by NLFT (Christian Alqaeda)

That's what I was trying to say.

It comes down to this....we aren't scared of Christian bombers.

Muslims die in Al Qaeda suicide attacks because they believe if Muslims are killed in terrorist attacks it is ok because they will go to paradise, for them it is worth it to kill 50 Muslims as long you can kill maybe 1 or 2 Americans or other "infidels". Al Qaeda has stated it wants a world ruled under the banner of Shariah law. Has this Bengali group beheaded anyone on video? have they sent suicide bombers into crowded markets to kill dozens of people in the name of their god? does this group indoctrinate people at a young age to be suicide bombers? do they train people in terrorist camps and send them out to countries like the US and Sweden to conduct terrorist attacks? this group has almost NOTHING in common with Al Qaeda, people who say that are reaching with midget arms.
Oh I see. It doesn't count as Christian terrorism because Muslims do it worse. Good reasoning. So you pointed out a few things there. First, that Muslim terrorists have no problem killing other Muslims, which should indicate to you that this isn't a religious thing so much as political. Second, you point out that Al Qaeda wants the world ruled under a single law. Law. It's a legal system. Did you not realize that? OK so someone does something that opposes that law, and radical Muslims lash out against it.

Now what do you think these radical Christians are doing? No, it's not AS BAD as video beheadings. Does that mean it's ok now? Doesn't count? This is an outlawed radical religious organization that just executed a terrorist attack. What part of that sentence is false?

Exactly, and that's what non-violent, non-extremist muslims should be doing. Your point is not winning your argument, in fact, it's a pretty stupid assertion to make when that's exactly what they should be doing. This is why christians are speaking up whenever someone with an agenda such as 'Freeman' tries to allign them with a group such as this and spread lies. Freeman is no christian, he's a muslim, and where he's posting from he's anything but 'free'.
Christians are speaking up? In that country? You do realize when hicks get pissed at Muslims in other parts of the world for terrible acts, American Muslims speaking out against it aren't good enough, right? I can point you to a variety of sites that show Muslims speaking out against Muslim radicals. But the thing that people on this board continually complain about is that no one from THEIR country is speaking out against it. So which Christians group in Bangladesh is speaking out against it? How come I didn't see them condemning it on the news? Where's the website and blog?

Oh I see. If the reasonable Christians of this nation condemn it, that's good enough. But if the reasonable Muslims of this nation condemn radical Muslims, that somehow isn't. Double standards.

But it's stupid and simplistic to pretend that Islam and Christianity are exactly the same.
No one in this thread has.

It comes down to this....we aren't scared of Christian bombers.
We aren't. Of course not. Go live as a Muslim in Tripura. THEN we can talk about your fear. It's clear to me though that you have a very difficult time putting yourself in someone else's shoes.

The continued point is this: ignorant Americans have a hard time understanding that Muslim terrorists are a radical minority of a larger religion that operate for political reasons, and are in no way representative of their greater religion. SIMILARLY, Christian terrorists are a radical minority of a larger religion that operate for political reasons, and are in no way representative of their greater religion. If you find yourself agreeing with only one of these statements, you should ask yourself why.

Oh I see. It doesn't count as Christian terrorism because Muslims do it worse. Good reasoning. So you pointed out a few things there. First, that Muslim terrorists have no problem killing other Muslims, which should indicate to you that this isn't a religious thing so much as political. Second, you point out that Al Qaeda wants the world ruled under a single law. Law. It's a legal system. Did you not realize that? OK so someone does something that opposes that law, and radical Muslims lash out against it.

Now what do you think these radical Christians are doing? No, it's not AS BAD as video beheadings. Does that mean it's ok now? Doesn't count? This is an outlawed radical religious organization that just executed a terrorist attack. What part of that sentence is false?

So you have no problem with the world being under Shariah law? interesting. I never said what this group is doing is ok but you are trying to say that Christian Radicals are on the same page with Islamic radicals and I am sorry to say they are not even close. From what I gather the group the OP is posting about want a country of their own and agenda goes no farther than the India/Bangladesh area where they operate from, I don't recall hearing about these guys going into Western countries and committing terrorist acts to prove a point. No one outside of India/Bangladesh is going to lose sleep over these guys, but in Sweden yesterday there was an Islamic terrorist bombing, in fucking Sweden of all places. Islamic terrorists are going into other countries to kill innocent people for nothing, whens the last time a Christian went into a Muslim country and commited a terrorist act?

Abducted Tripura tribals taken to Bangladesh
Agartala, Dec 10 (IANS) Outlawed tribal extremists who abducted 11 tribals Tuesday have taken nine of the hostages to Bangladesh and released two, police said here Friday. The militants have demanded a ransom of Rs.15 lakh to release the captives.

According to the police, heavily armed National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) militants raided a labourers' temporary shed at Govindabari village Tuesday night and kidnapped 11 workers at gunpoint. The labourers had a contract to construct a bridge on Chawmanu rivulet on Chawmanu-Govindabari highway in northern Tripura.

'The NLFT rebels have taken away the hostages to the neighbouring Chittagong hill tracts of south-east Bangladesh as there is no fencing in certain portion of India-Bangladesh border of that area,' Tripura Director General of Police K. Saleem Ali told reporters.
Abducted Tripura tribals taken to Bangladesh
NLFT are fighting since 30 years to set a christian nation in Tripura

NLFT.jpg

At least the hostages are still alive and not beheaded yet like your fellow Religion of peacers would do.

LOL you are pathetic and so is the dumb bitch ali retared who thanked your post

So you have no problem with the world being under Shariah law? interesting.
Where did I say that? Please, point it out. Perhaps my fingers decided to type something while I wasn't looking? I'll assume you're right, so please, tell me where you read that.

I never said what this group is doing is ok but you are trying to say that Christian Radicals are on the same page with Islamic radicals and I am sorry to say they are not even close. From what I gather the group the OP is posting about want a country of their own and agenda goes no farther than the India/Bangladesh area where they operate from, I don't recall hearing about these guys going into Western countries and committing terrorist acts to prove a point.
Oh I see your point now. The Christian terrorists are ok because they're only terrorizing two countries. That's not so bad. Clearly by your standards it's only horrible when more land is involved? Be a dear and approximate for me how many square miles of land can still be terrorized by radical religious groups and still be acceptable to you. Clearly you've already established it's at least 1.3 million. Because hey, this Christian terrorist group's agenda doesn't go beyond that much, so they're not SO bad, right?

Want to take a guess how many miles of land I believe is acceptable for terrorism? You're right: it's not ok, and it's not close in amount, but it's the EXACT same effect using the EXACT same tactics. Do you or do you not acknowledge those similarities?

in Sweden yesterday there was an Islamic terrorist bombing, in fucking Sweden of all places. Islamic terrorists are going into other countries to kill innocent people for nothing, whens the last time a Christian went into a Muslim country and commited a terrorist act?
Interesting that you find Sweden to be your focus of all Christian nations that have been terrorized by a violent religious group. "Sweden of all places". How do you think Christianity came to the previously Norse realm? Well, a Christian king came in and forced Christian law on the land, not unlike radical Muslims would like to do with Sharia law. Now you're surprised when history is repeating itself?

As to your last question, the National Liberation Front of Tripura IS a radical Christian group in a Muslim country committing terrorist acts. Or did you not read the article that started this thread?

Perhaps you should do some reading:
Christian terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh I see your point now. The Christian terrorists are ok because they're only terrorizing two countries. That's not so bad. Clearly by your standards it's only horrible when more land is involved? Be a dear and approximate for me how many square miles of land can still be terrorized by radical religious groups and still be acceptable to you. Clearly you've already established it's at least 1.3 million. Because hey, this Christian terrorist group's agenda doesn't go beyond that much, so they're not SO bad, right?

Want to take a guess how many miles of land I believe is acceptable for terrorism? You're right: it's not ok, and it's not close in amount, but it's the EXACT same effect using the EXACT same tactics. Do you or do you not acknowledge those similarities?

I don't know how many times I can say it, this Bengali group is fighting for an independent homeland for themselves. They do not have a global agenda like Al Qaeda, I can't find any PR guys for this group like Adam Gadahn or Anwar Al-Anwalki that put videos online preaching jihad against the West. This group is only a problem for 2 countries right now, India and Bangladesh, and until today I have not heard of them. I'm not saying what they are doing is ok, but to try to call them the Christian Al Qaeda is reaching with midget arms and a bold face lie.

Interesting that you find Sweden to be your focus of all Christian nations that have been terrorized by a violent religious group. "Sweden of all places". How do you think Christianity came to the previously Norse realm? Well, a Christian king came in and forced Christian law on the land, not unlike radical Muslims would like to do with Sharia law. Now you're surprised when history is repeating itself?

As to your last question, the National Liberation Front of Tripura IS a radical Christian group in a Muslim country committing terrorist acts. Or did you not read the article that started this thread?

The only reason I singled out Sweden was because they were the recent victim of a suicide bomber the other day, and that Sweden has been very kind to the Muslim refugees from Iraq and Afghanistan taking in large numbers since those wars started, so I dont see what in the world the Swedes could have possibly done to deserve this. What have they done to wrong Muslims?

I know that the group is Christian commiting these acts but they are citizens of those countries, so they are not going abroad to foreign countries to commit terrorist attacks in the name of their cause. You won't have to worry about a NLFT member blowing up a building and killing your whole family in the name of Allah, can't say the same for Al Qaeda.

I don't know how many times I can say it, this Bengali group is fighting for an independent homeland for themselves. They do not have a global agenda like Al Qaeda, I can't find any PR guys for this group like Adam Gadahn or Anwar Al-Anwalki that put videos online preaching jihad against the West. This group is only a problem for 2 countries right now, India and Bangladesh, and until today I have not heard of them. I'm not saying what they are doing is ok, but to try to call them the Christian Al Qaeda is reaching with midget arms and a bold face lie.
You have this bad habit of getting overly defensive and then making up things I didn't actually say. No one has called them the Christian Al Qaeda, just as no one said Sharia law should be acceptable. That's two for you now.

But again, minimizing with things like "This group is only a problem for 2 countries right now" is crap. Terrorism is terrorism, and should not be tolerated in ANY country. Not 1.

Do you agree or not? Sure, extent is different, but the underlying principles are still the same.

And no, it doesn't matter that you haven't heard of foreign terrorists. Most areas of the world don't care about 9/11. At all. That's how these things work.

The only reason I singled out Sweden was because they were the recent victim of a suicide bomber the other day, and that Sweden has been very kind to the Muslim refugees from Iraq and Afghanistan taking in large numbers since those wars started, so I dont see what in the world the Swedes could have possibly done to deserve this. What have they done to wrong Muslims?
Deserve? This is terrorism. There's no "deserving" of violence. This has nothing to do with who "deserves" it. I sympathize with you, but there's no reasoning to find in terrorism.

I know that the group is Christian commiting these acts but they are citizens of those countries
STOP. MAKING. EXCUSES.

Terrorism is terrorism. One act is no less worthy of the title "terrorism" than three. Terrorism coming from domestic enemies is just as damaging as terrorism coming from abroad.

You continue to justify your emotions by saying it's not as many countries, and you didn't know about them before, and it's not as bad because it's not about religion, but the fact is, what you're REALLY are saying is "since I don't fear them, I don't really care." That's essentially what you keep coming back to. YOU personally are not affected, so therefor it doesn't matter. But if you were living by that terrorist group, I guarantee you that you'd care a hell of a lot more.

I know that the group is Christian commiting these acts but they are citizens of those countries, so they are not going abroad to foreign countries to commit terrorist attacks in the name of their cause. You won't have to worry about a NLFT member blowing up a building and killing your whole family in the name of Allah, can't say the same for Al Qaeda.

I guess with his logic the North were christian terrorists to the South, and vice versa since the U.S. was a christian nation and many of the men who fought in the civil war were christian men. :lol:

You have this bad habit of getting overly defensive and then making up things I didn't actually say. No one has called them the Christian Al Qaeda, just as no one said Sharia law should be acceptable. That's two for you now.

The OP called this group the Christian Al Qaeda, it says so in the thread.

Deserve? This is terrorism. There's no "deserving" of violence. This has nothing to do with who "deserves" it. I sympathize with you, but there's no reasoning to find in terrorism.

I agree there is no deserving of violence, but usually a terrorist group will have some kind of reasoning for their violence. The PKK strike Turkey because the Kurds are oppressed in Turkey, they are not even allowed to read and write in their own language, but until now the PKK have stayed their focus on Turkey and Northern Iraq. This group we are discussing today the NLFT are a Christian group and fighting for a homeland of their own, and they have stayed so far in India Bangladesh. Al Qaeda right now is a global entity preaching jihad against all infidels, they provide training in countries like Somalia and Pakistan to anyone eager enough to commit violence. Al Qaeda has struck in India, killing dozens of people in Mumbai in a terrorist attack. Any someone from India, they are concerned about Islamic terrorism than the NLFT.

STOP. MAKING. EXCUSES.

Terrorism is terrorism. One act is no less worthy of the title "terrorism" than three. Terrorism coming from domestic enemies is just as damaging as terrorism coming from abroad.

You continue to justify your emotions by saying it's not as many countries, and you didn't know about them before, and it's not as bad because it's not about religion, but the fact is, what you're REALLY are saying is "since I don't fear them, I don't really care." That's essentially what you keep coming back to. YOU personally are not affected, so therefor it doesn't matter. But if you were living by that terrorist group, I guarantee you that you'd care a hell of a lot more.

You are correct terrorism is terrorism, I never said it wasn't, but the OP was reaching in trying to say the NLFT is similar to Al Qaeda when they have very little in common, thats comparing apples and rocks. The thing is there are revolutionary groups like the NLFT all over the world, in China, South America, Africa etc. all fighting for something they want like soverignty, independece, etc. I wouldn't paint all these groups with a broad brush and say they are like Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda struck the US before we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan and when everyone was happy to leave them alone in Afghanistan, I don't see the NLFT or any of these groups doing something like that.

But again, minimizing with things like "This group is only a problem for 2 countries right now" is crap. Terrorism is terrorism, and should not be tolerated in ANY country. Not 1.

Do you agree or not? Sure, extent is different, but the underlying principles are still the same.

And no, it doesn't matter that you haven't heard of foreign terrorists. Most areas of the world don't care about 9/11. At all. That's how these things work.

I know that the group is Christian commiting these acts but they are citizens of those countries
STOP. MAKING. EXCUSES.

By your definition, the revolutionaries in the 1700's would have been terrorists. :cuckoo:

I guess with his logic the North were christian terrorists to the South, and vice versa since the U.S. was a christian nation and many of the men who fought in the civil war were christian men. :lol:
Did you honestly just compare a declared civil war that used delegations and rules of engagement to an extremist religious group with a history of forcefully converting people to Christianity, back-alley terrorism, kidnappings, and murders?

Did you really? Are you truly that incapable of distinguishing between delegated declared war and terrorism? If you want to come here making dumbass pot shots without actually making a point, be forewarned I will make you look like an idiot.

The OP called this group the Christian Al Qaeda, it says so in the thread.
You're right. My apologies. I had completely missed that. I agree that whoever wrote it is incorrect.

I agree there is no deserving of violence, but usually a terrorist group will have some kind of reasoning for their violence. The PKK strike Turkey because the Kurds are oppressed in Turkey, they are not even allowed to read and write in their own language, but until now the PKK have stayed their focus on Turkey and Northern Iraq. This group we are discussing today the NLFT are a Christian group and fighting for a homeland of their own,
All excellent points, except for the last one, which is questionable. Are they really fighting for a homeland? What's stopping them from just living there? You have to put this in context of their previous murders, forced conversion to Chistianity, their manifesto, and even their current kidnappings. How does this really help them secure a homeland? Similarly, how does 9/11 really help Al Qaeda's cause?

Last edited:
All excellent points, except for the last one, which is questionable. Are they really fighting for a homeland? What's stopping them from just living there? You have to put this in context of their previous murders, forced conversion to Chistianity, their manifesto, and even their current kidnappings. How does this really help them secure a homeland? Similarly, how does 9/11 really help Al Qaeda's cause?

To be honest I don't know too much about the plight of the NLFT, but what I do know is ethnic groups usually feel the need for their own homeland when they feel marginilized in the one they are currently living in. Case in point, Muslims felt the need to have their own country separate from the Hindu majority India and since the area where Pakistan was is mostly Muslim, Pakistan was born. Other examples are the Kurds in Turkey, the Turks don't even let the Kurds write or speak their own languages in school and won't even recognize their culture, which is why the PKK are striking out. Other examples are Chechnya, Southern Sudan, the Chinese Muslims, Kurdistan in Northern Iraq, the Baluchis in Iran, etc. there is discontent all over the world, if it was as simple as the Christians just living there I don't know why they would resort to all this violence. Not every country is respectful towards other peoples beliefs like western countries. And I actually think 9/11 was not good for Al Qaeda because before they did that, they had free reign in Afghanistan, no one was really bothering them, the US was not in Iraq, etc. all 9/11 accomplished was to piss of the US and now we invaded Afghanistan, Iraq, use our drones to kill targets in Pakistan etc. the only thing 9/11 did was get them more of a following in other countries and put them on the front lines of their global jihad, but than again they have always been striking American interests, look at the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, the strike on the USS Cole, and the bombing of the air base in Riyadh where 18 Airmen died. Its a shame it took 3000+ Americans to die before the US Government took this group seriously.

Did you honestly just compare a declared civil war that used delegations and rules of engagement to an extremist religious group with a history of forcefully converting people to Christianity, back-alley terrorism, kidnappings, and murders?

Did you really? Are you truly that incapable of distinguishing between delegated declared war and terrorism? If you want to come here making dumbass pot shots without actually making a point, be forewarned I will make you look like an idiot.

They're closer to that than they are to terrorists. Could you please show evidence that their 'cause' is to forcefully convert people to christianity? What people who are not christians don't understand is that the very idea of forcefully converting anyone to christianity goes against the very core of the faith, and it makes no sense whatsoever.

To be honest I don't know too much about the plight of the NLFT, but what I do know is ethnic groups usually feel the need for their own homeland when they feel marginilized in the one they are currently living in. Case in point, Muslims felt the need to have their own country separate from the Hindu majority India and since the area where Pakistan was is mostly Muslim, Pakistan was born. Other examples are the Kurds in Turkey, the Turks don't even let the Kurds write or speak their own languages in school and won't even recognize their culture, which is why the PKK are striking out. Other examples are Chechnya, Southern Sudan, the Chinese Muslims, Kurdistan in Northern Iraq, the Baluchis in Iran, etc. there is discontent all over the world, if it was as simple as the Christians just living there I don't know why they would resort to all this violence. Not every country is respectful towards other peoples beliefs like western countries. And I actually think 9/11 was not good for Al Qaeda because before they did that, they had free reign in Afghanistan, no one was really bothering them, the US was not in Iraq, etc. all 9/11 accomplished was to piss of the US and now we invaded Afghanistan, Iraq, use our drones to kill targets in Pakistan etc. the only thing 9/11 did was get them more of a following in other countries and put them on the front lines of their global jihad, but than again they have always been striking American interests, look at the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, the strike on the USS Cole, and the bombing of the air base in Riyadh where 18 Airmen died. Its a shame it took 3000+ Americans to die before the US Government took this group seriously.

You are so spot on. I generally don't like posting video links, but you had an interesting question I think this may address:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDsY8qCxLHQ[/ame]

and if you found that at all interesting, try out the first half of this one too:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VatPKqTgzh4[/ame]

They're closer to that than they are to terrorists. Could you please show evidence that their 'cause' is to forcefully convert people to christianity?
Sorry, did you just say that the fear-mongering actions of this group, comprised of assassination, various other murder, sabotage, kidnapping, bombings, and forced religious conversions are closer to a declared civil war with agreed upon rules of engagement than terrorism, and then go on to show that you didn't actually know about their history? Please go on. Enlighten us as to how those actions are closer to the American Civil War than terrorism. The National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism seems to think they are one of the most active terrorist groups in the world, but your complete lack of knowledge of the group somehow provides better insight.

As for the knowledge you seem to lack, let me help you with that: click here, select the first link, and scroll down to India.

Newby said:
What people who are not christians don't understand is that the very idea of forcefully converting anyone to christianity goes against the very core of the faith, and it makes no sense whatsoever.
What naive fools don't understand is that the history of Christianity is full of war, bloodshed, and forced conversions. I'm glad you like the freedoms America has to offer you, but freedom of religion did not exist back in the day. Pagans were killed outright by Christians. What did you really think the Crusades were about? They were religious wars that lasted from the 11th to 13th CENTURIES. What do you think Charlemagne did? Why do you think the Jews were expelled from Spain?

Are you really that ignorant about the history of your own religion?

You are so spot on. I generally don't like posting video links, but you had an interesting question I think this may address:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDsY8qCxLHQ[/ame]

and if you found that at all interesting, try out the first half of this one too:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VatPKqTgzh4[/ame]

They're closer to that than they are to terrorists. Could you please show evidence that their 'cause' is to forcefully convert people to christianity?
Sorry, did you just say that the fear-mongering actions of this group, comprised of assassination, various other murder, sabotage, kidnapping, bombings, and forced religious conversions are closer to a declared civil war with agreed upon rules of engagement than terrorism, and then go on to show that you didn't actually know about their history? Please go on. Enlighten us as to how those actions are closer to the American Civil War than terrorism. The National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism seems to think they are one of the most active terrorist groups in the world, but your complete lack of knowledge of the group somehow provides better insight.

As for the knowledge you seem to lack, let me help you with that: click here, select the first link, and scroll down to India.

Newby said:
What people who are not christians don't understand is that the very idea of forcefully converting anyone to christianity goes against the very core of the faith, and it makes no sense whatsoever.
What naive fools don't understand is that the history of Christianity is full of war, bloodshed, and forced conversions. I'm glad you like the freedoms America has to offer you, but freedom of religion did not exist back in the day. Pagans were killed outright by Christians. What did you really think the Crusades were about? They were religious wars that lasted from the 11th to 13th CENTURIES. What do you think Charlemagne did? Why do you think the Jews were expelled from Spain?

Are you really that ignorant about the history of your own religion?

I can't watch youtube at work so I will catch those at the house, thanks for the debate.

Forum List

Back