1000 new cell phones seized...

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by LuvRPgrl, Aug 13, 2006.

1. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    You really have to wonder about the intelligence level of the terrorists. After police seized a cache of brand new cell phones, the defendent tells the judge that they purchased them to re sell and make a profit.

Hmmmm, Im wondering how they are going to explain, once its brought up, why then, did they open the packages and throw away the battery chargers that go to them? Yea, that really makes it easier to sell for a profit.

Hey all you whacky right wing conservatives, we have a new economic theory, buy something retail, partially destroy it, then try to re sell to the guillable American public at a profit. Makes sense to me.

2. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Libs will dismiss this as another act of the Karl rove propaganda machine

They will say this is all to distract the public from Pres Bush's poll numbers, the war in Iraq, and to help Republicans in the November election

3. Told you So

Told you So Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    interestingly, the phones were produced and manufactured in Motorola-Israel.
    how can anyone make a profit selling phones without batteries or chargers (or any combination of these)? Also... who buys cell phones that are missing parts from guys driving around in a white van?
    Though i will concede that it is possible to sell different parts on ebay at discount prices (because they were originally bought from Walmart) to people with no Wal-marts or whole-salers in the area.

Still a little fishy...

We shall see what becomes of these guys.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I'd be curious to know where they got the money to buy these phones.

5. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    FISHY???

Thats an understatement if I ever heard one.
    IF they are trying to make money, why throw away brand new chargers? Why open them and throw away only the chargers? There is NOTHING about it that makes sense, I sell parts on ebay, what they did makes ZERO sense, as far as trying to make money goes. Sounds like they have a moveon.org attorney :)

6. Told you So

Told you So Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i dont think they were throwing away chargers, they were sorting phones into one box, chargers into another, and phone batteries into another.

I dont sell stuff on ebay- so im not sure how they would possible be able to sell the different parts.

Im with you- most likely a terror plot- now theres something else: a bridge in michigan which was a probably target. Seem like these guys were caught red-handed.

and good call 'dilloduck'- didn't even think about where money to buy a thousand cell phones came from...

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    All the stories I've seen say they were throwing away the chargers and batteries. Most likely reason, phones going out of US-different electrical systems.

8. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    :eek2:

9. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I saw the same story as ToldYouSo, that they were separating the phones, chargers, and batteries and were planning to sell the parts for more than what they paid for the whole phone. No idea yet whether their story is true or not, but it kinda makes sense...a parted out car can make more money than a whole one.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't buy it. If so, we'd be seeing Jason Smith and Rob Brown doing so. Not the case.