100 Percent Renewable Energy in 20 Years

I just got back from Tucson. There are solar panel farm out in the desert as that stretch as far as the eye can see.

My nephew has solar panels on his roof that provide enough electricity to power his house and then some.

Sorry filthy energy lovers but solar power is going to happen.
Solar Power is filthy, it uses hydrocarbons to be built. Solar Panels as far as you can see? Wow, that is a lot of desert destroyed. Very Sad.

Now tell us about the home with Solar, how much did it cost, which company is it from, what is the total cost?
Such a silly liar is Elektra. Solar does not destroy the desert. In fact, the little critters in the dessert will use the panels to live under. And since there will be less evaporation from the shaded ground, it will retain more of the water that does fall.

I just got back from Tucson. There are solar panel farm out in the desert as that stretch as far as the eye can see.

My nephew has solar panels on his roof that provide enough electricity to power his house and then some.

Sorry filthy energy lovers but solar power is going to happen.
Solar Power is filthy, it uses hydrocarbons to be built. Solar Panels as far as you can see? Wow, that is a lot of desert destroyed. Very Sad.

Now tell us about the home with Solar, how much did it cost, which company is it from, what is the total cost?
Home solar. Well now, let the people selling it tell you about it.

Solar Panels from Wholesale Solar

Solar Electric Supply – Leading Wholesale Solar Panels & Solar Electric Systems Suppliers

Wholesale Solar

American Solar Wholesale | Quality You Can Count On

I graduated architectural school in1976. And solar power was the next "big thing". I won't hold my breath.

Mark
Cheapest Solar Ever: Austin Energy Gets 1.2 Gigawatts of Solar Bids for Less Than 4 Cents

Correction: Khalil Shalabi said was that 1,295 megawatts were priced below the Recurrent solar deal from last year, which was under 5 cents per kilowatt-hour not under 4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

A lot more cheap solar is coming for Austin, Texas.

The city's utility, Austin Energy, just released new data on developer bids for PV projects as part of a 600-megawatt procurement. The numbers show how far solar prices have come down over the last year -- and will continue to drop.

According to Khalil Shalabi, Austin Energy's vice president of resource planning, the utility received offers for 7,976 megawatts of projects after issuing a request for bids in April. Out of those bids, 1,295 megawatts of projects were priced below 4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

"The technology is getting better and the prices are decreasing with time," said Shalabi during a presentation in front of the Austin city council last week.

Things don't change over night. However, that is a big improvement right there.

I wonder if any "green" government money is offsetting the cost. My son just finished a class on solar water heat. The system cost was about 6 thousand dollars and it would pay itself off in 30 years IF no repairs were needed.

Mark

The average solar panel lasts just 10 years... Fat Chance of ever recovering what you spent..
Once again, Silly Billy pulls shit out of his ass. Most solar panels are guaranteed for 20 to 25 years, and last a lot longer than that.

The Real Lifespan of Solar Panels - Energy Informative

The majority of manufacturers offer the 25-year standard solar panel warranty, which means that power output should not be less than 80% of rated power after 25 years.

For more information on solar panel warranties, go to Solar Panel Warranty Comparison.
Our users spend an average of $1,217.63 less per year on electricity. That's including the cost of solar panels.

To find out how much you could save, Request a free quote today!
You are going to use an advertisement for solar as a source for their reliability.

Most solar guarantees are for 20 to 25 years, and that is to the 80% of original capacity mark. They continue to pump out the watts far longer than that.

I graduated architectural school in1976. And solar power was the next "big thing". I won't hold my breath.

Mark
Cheapest Solar Ever: Austin Energy Gets 1.2 Gigawatts of Solar Bids for Less Than 4 Cents

Correction: Khalil Shalabi said was that 1,295 megawatts were priced below the Recurrent solar deal from last year, which was under 5 cents per kilowatt-hour not under 4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

A lot more cheap solar is coming for Austin, Texas.

The city's utility, Austin Energy, just released new data on developer bids for PV projects as part of a 600-megawatt procurement. The numbers show how far solar prices have come down over the last year -- and will continue to drop.

According to Khalil Shalabi, Austin Energy's vice president of resource planning, the utility received offers for 7,976 megawatts of projects after issuing a request for bids in April. Out of those bids, 1,295 megawatts of projects were priced below 4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

"The technology is getting better and the prices are decreasing with time," said Shalabi during a presentation in front of the Austin city council last week.

Things don't change over night. However, that is a big improvement right there.

So those were bids by companies trying to secure a government contract
Tell me when was the last time any government project came in on budget?

There is no mention of the actual output of these solar panels and let's not forget to factor in that they only work during the day and not all the time during the day

There is no way wind and solar will ever provide the electricity we need to meet our current and growing demands for power
They are supplemental at best and that is all they will ever be

You didn't read my post. I clearly demonstrate that your contention that alternative energy technologies will use more resources than fossil fuel generation to be out and out nonsense.

Where are you planning on getting fossil fuels forever?

How will humanity get along when temperatures are up 10C and sea level is up 20 meters or so?

Why would you need to build solar panels forever? They are not consumed by the production of electricity.

Solar panels will lose about 20% of their generation capabilities in 20-25 years so even to keep the initial output of a solar farm it will have to increase about 1% every year or be completely replaced before the point of diminishing returns tips the scales

Forum List

Back