100 Percent Renewable Energy in 20 Years

You didn't read my post. I clearly demonstrate that your contention that alternative energy technologies will use more resources than fossil fuel generation to be out and out nonsense.

Where are you planning on getting fossil fuels forever?

How will humanity get along when temperatures are up 10C and sea level is up 20 meters or so?

Why would you need to build solar panels forever? They are not consumed by the production of electricity.
I never made the contention you claim. I stated building 600' tall wind turbines that weigh in at 2000 tons, that building these forever, and ever, while building a 100,000 square miles of solar panels will increase the use of of hydrocarbons.

This is your $76 trillion dollar plan.

I have clearly shown that fossil fuel technology uses ENORMOUSLY more of our resources than do any alternative energy technology. What is it about NO FUEL that you find so difficult to get a grasp on?

I have clearly shown that fossil fuel technology uses ENORMOUSLY more of our resources than do any alternative energy technology. What is it about NO FUEL that you find so difficult to get a grasp on?
Renewable/Alternative/Green energy is Fossil Fuel dependent, you can not manufacture Wind Turbines and Solar Panels without Fossil Fuel. Your plan is to manufacture Wind and Solar panels forever, never ever stopping.

That is the beginning. Wind Turbine maintenance and simple operation requires Fossil Fuel. Same with Solar power. Solar Power will always require water, always, which is dependent of Fossil Fuel.

Either way, the plan is to build new Wind Turbines and new Solar Panels forever. Every day, consuming Hydrocarbons, which increases the use of hydrocarbons.

How do you build the World's Largest Solar Plant without increasing the use of Hydrocarbons?

Solar and Wind power increase the use of our natural resources.

Renewable/Alternative/Green energy is Fossil Fuel dependent, you can not manufacture Wind Turbines and Solar Panels without Fossil Fuel.

Of course we can. There is no difference in the electricity produced.

Your plan is to manufacture Wind and Solar panels forever, never ever stopping.

Actually, I would hope to someday produce fusion power, perhaps even on a small scale. The only thing I really hope to be able to do is produce power without burning fossil fuels. There are many, many ways to do that.

That is the beginning. Wind Turbine maintenance and simple operation requires Fossil Fuel.

We have lots of lubricants that do not come from fossil fuel Whizzo.

Same with Solar power.

No moving parts

Solar Power will always require water, always, which is dependent of Fossil Fuel.

Photovoltaics require no water numbnuts.

Either way, the plan is to build new Wind Turbines and new Solar Panels forever. Every day, consuming Hydrocarbons, which increases the use of hydrocarbons.

Are you really this stupid? Go back to the post in which I calculated how much coal, natural gas and petroleum you'd have to BURN to produce one terrawatt from each fuel. Try to visualize those quantities.

How do you build the World's Largest Solar Plant without increasing the use of Hydrocarbons?

No matter HOW I do it, I will use orders of magnitude less hydrocarbons than I would producing that same energy by burning the shit. Can you really be this much of a moron?

Solar and Wind power increase the use of our natural resources.

What a fucking idiot.

Crick, how do you make fiberglass without Fossil Fuels and HydroCarbons?

How do you make the cement you need for your Wind Turbines with electricity? Not Fossil Fuels?

It is not done today, as you think, so how will it be done?

Everything the Green Energy advocates states is a lie or an exaggeration.

Solar Power will always require water, always, which is dependent of Fossil Fuel.

What a fucking idiot.

Groundwater use at solar project draws concerns

Sammy Roth, The Desert Sun7:03 p.m. PDT September 5, 2014
First Solar says it needs more groundwater to finish building its Desert Sunlight project.
TWEETLINKEDIN 3COMMENTEMAILMORE
As the Desert Sunlight solar farm nears completion, the project's developer has a request for federal regulators: more groundwater.

First Solar says it needs an additional 50 acre-feet of water to finish building its 550-megawatt solar photovoltaic project, on top of the 1,507 acre-feet already approved by the federal Bureau of Land Management. Regulators will solicit public input on that request at a scoping meeting Tuesday at UC Riverside's Palm Desert campus.

Renewable/Alternative/Green energy is Fossil Fuel dependent, you can not manufacture Wind Turbines and Solar Panels without Fossil Fuel.

Of course we can. There is no difference in the electricity produced.
What a fucking idiot.

Name one foundry, show one steel making process that strictly uses Electricity, and show one process for making the silica for solar panels that only uses electricity.

You can not do it, you can deny all you want and draw attention to the fact that the Wind is free or the Sun light is free, but you are still proposing to build the biggest contraptions the world has ever seen just to capture a tiny bit of that energy. Building the biggest things in the World increases the use of energy, today.

Fiberglass? Really? Well, there are a number of was I could make it but none of them require burning fossil fuels. Cement? Portland cement requires heat, not fossil fuels. Other varieties do require some flame in the production of their components, but none of them are needed for general construction. Is this going to be your claim now? You really need to engage your head. I did the calculation for a solar panel you suggested that would have been 100 miles on a side. The amount of fossil fuels required to produce the energy that panel would produce absolutely dwarfed the quantity of materials required to assemble the panel itself. Your proposition all along has been that that solar panels and windmills are volumetrically ineffeicient, but apparently you never actually sat down and calculated how much fuel is required to produce the energy we need. Your entire argument is a loser and there is simply no way you're going to recover. Face it dude, you lost this one.

Fiberglass? Really? Well, there are a number of was I could make it but none of them require burning fossil fuels. Cement? Portland cement requires heat, not fossil fuels. Other varieties do require some flame in the production of their components, but none of them are needed for general construction. Is this going to be your claim now? You really need to engage your head. I did the calculation for a solar panel you suggested that would have been 100 miles on a side. The amount of fossil fuels required to produce the energy that panel would produce absolutely dwarfed the quantity of materials required to assemble the panel itself. Your proposition all along has been that that solar panels and windmills are volumetrically ineffeicient, but apparently you never actually sat down and calculated how much fuel is required to produce the energy we need. Your entire argument is a loser and there is simply no way you're going to recover. Face it dude, you lost this one.
So, show the foundry, show the cement plant, that is not using Fossil Fuels or Hydrocarbons, you can not do it.

I just got back from Tucson. There are solar panel farm out in the desert as that stretch as far as the eye can see.

My nephew has solar panels on his roof that provide enough electricity to power his house and then some.

Sorry filthy energy lovers but solar power is going to happen.

I just got back from Tucson. There are solar panel farm out in the desert as that stretch as far as the eye can see.

My nephew has solar panels on his roof that provide enough electricity to power his house and then some.

Sorry filthy energy lovers but solar power is going to happen.
Solar Power is filthy, it uses hydrocarbons to be built. Solar Panels as far as you can see? Wow, that is a lot of desert destroyed. Very Sad.

Now tell us about the home with Solar, how much did it cost, which company is it from, what is the total cost?

You're done, Elektra. You have no argument.
I simply state facts, you can not build the World's Largest Solar Power Plant without increasing the use of Hydrocarbons in proportion.

I also linked to show how Solar Power uses water.

Giant Wind Turbines also use a giant amount of materials in manufacture.

Sorry if your opinion is that somehow a 1000-2000 ton structure does not require an increase in the use of fuel to build it.

You've got nothing.

Global warming is real and a real threat and its dominant cause is human GHG emissions. Our number one task is reducing our CO2 emissions and the best way to do it is alternative energy technologies for power and transportation. Fortunately, no one is listening to the sort of nonsense you've been spouting.

I graduated architectural school in1976. And solar power was the next "big thing". I won't hold my breath.

Mark
Cheapest Solar Ever: Austin Energy Gets 1.2 Gigawatts of Solar Bids for Less Than 4 Cents

Correction: Khalil Shalabi said was that 1,295 megawatts were priced below the Recurrent solar deal from last year, which was under 5 cents per kilowatt-hour not under 4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

A lot more cheap solar is coming for Austin, Texas.

The city's utility, Austin Energy, just released new data on developer bids for PV projects as part of a 600-megawatt procurement. The numbers show how far solar prices have come down over the last year -- and will continue to drop.

According to Khalil Shalabi, Austin Energy's vice president of resource planning, the utility received offers for 7,976 megawatts of projects after issuing a request for bids in April. Out of those bids, 1,295 megawatts of projects were priced below 4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

"The technology is getting better and the prices are decreasing with time," said Shalabi during a presentation in front of the Austin city council last week.

Things don't change over night. However, that is a big improvement right there.

I wonder if any "green" government money is offsetting the cost. My son just finished a class on solar water heat. The system cost was about 6 thousand dollars and it would pay itself off in 30 years IF no repairs were needed.

Mark

The average solar panel lasts just 10 years... Fat Chance of ever recovering what you spent..

Once again, Silly Billy pulls shit out of his ass. Most solar panels are guaranteed for 20 to 25 years, and last a lot longer than that.

The Real Lifespan of Solar Panels - Energy Informative

The majority of manufacturers offer the 25-year standard solar panel warranty, which means that power output should not be less than 80% of rated power after 25 years.

For more information on solar panel warranties, go to Solar Panel Warranty Comparison.
Our users spend an average of $1,217.63 less per year on electricity. That's including the cost of solar panels.

To find out how much you could save, Request a free quote today!

You've got nothing.

Global warming is real and a real threat and its dominant cause is human GHG emissions. Our number one task is reducing our CO2 emissions and the best way to do it is alternative energy technologies for power and transportation. Fortunately, no one is listening to the sort of nonsense you've been spouting.
Hey, I admit you get to build all the green energy garbage you want. But they do not grow on trees and you are not able to admit for one second they must be manufactured which increases the use of hydrocarbons, they increase CO2. Building the biggest things in the world does not create the most CO2?

Not logical, but nothing is when you got 76 trillion dollars to spend.

From a friend and business partner - Ken Fields as Independent Presidential Candidate for 2016 running on a single platform, more or less, of 100% Renewable Energy in 20 Years.

Happy to hear complaints or praise either way, since this is a discussion forum I expect to get quite a lot.

E

I like this is objective target. I believe the solar energy there and here will be a solution.
I live in a backward country. I have three sons who are full of ambition. (They 21, 23, 25 years old) They have perfect knowledge of all the laws of Einsrein. They're professionals for realization. They understand all kinds of electronics, electricity, wiring etc. both weak and strong amperage in the electricity.View attachment 65110
Good for them. We need more ambitious and knowledgeable young men and women.

What a fucking idiot.

Sammy Roth, The Desert Sun7:03 p.m. PDT September 5, 2014
First Solar says it needs more groundwater to finish building its Desert Sunlight project.
TWEETLINKEDIN 3COMMENTEMAILMORE
As the Desert Sunlight solar farm nears completion, the project's developer has a request for federal regulators: more groundwater.

First Solar says it needs an additional 50 acre-feet of water to finish building its 550-megawatt solar photovoltaic project, on top of the 1,507 acre-feet already approved by the federal Bureau of Land Management. Regulators will solicit public input on that request at a scoping meeting Tuesday at UC Riverside's Palm Desert campus.
As usual, Elektra creates a lie out of an article. The problem is the water needed for construction, not that needed for operation. States exactly that in the article.

Compared to other forms of energy development, solar projects use relatively little water during operation. According to a 2012 report from River Network, which advocates for watershed protection, the average coal-fired power plant uses more than 15,500 gallons of water per megawatt-hour of electricity produced — compared to about 14,700 for nuclear, 6,200 for natural gas, 800 for solar thermal, and two for solar photovoltaic.

But as California's historic drought drags on — and as groundwater levels plummet— First Solar's request for more groundwater to build Desert Sunlight has raised some eyebrows in the environmental community. The Bureau of Land Management originally signed off on 1,407 acre-feet of groundwater for the project's construction, before approving an additional 100 acre-feet earlier this year. First Solar says the project will use just 0.2 acre-feet per year once construction ends.

Forum List

Back