10 Reasons why Obama's 1st Term is really (43)'s 3rd Term...

If George Bush could have run for and won a third term he would never had agreed to the time table.....er I mean time horizon (don't wanna give terrorists aid and comfort, ya know) to get out of Iraq. I'd still be getting called a terrorist lover for wanting us out of there.

So you give Obama credit for Bush's timeline?

I'm glad this country isn't stricken with partisan blinders...........................

I submit that Bush agreed to the time horizon so that the record could show that he was the one who "ended" the occupation in Iraq.

It was a political move and a transparent one at that after all the "no time tables" talk that came from the White House and accusations of "supporting the terrorists" if you wanted a timetable to get out of Iraq coming from his mouthpieces in the media.

100% truth.

If George Bush could have run for and won a third term he would never had agreed to the time table.....er I mean time horizon (don't wanna give terrorists aid and comfort, ya know) to get out of Iraq. I'd still be getting called a terrorist lover for wanting us out of there.

I'm glad this country isn't stricken with partisan blinders...........................

I submit that Bush agreed to the time horizon so that the record could show that he was the one who "ended" the occupation in Iraq.

It was a political move and a transparent one at that after all the "no time tables" talk that came from the White House and accusations of "supporting the terrorists" if you wanted a timetable to get out of Iraq coming from his mouthpieces in the media.

Correct.

On a side note.....this is a thread that offers us nothing but a chance to see how partisan everyone is....and very few posts offer true observations....with the exception of the one I quopted and maybe one or two others.

Correct.

On a side note.....this is a thread that offers us nothing but a chance to see how partisan everyone is....and very few posts offer true observations....with the exception of the one I quopted and maybe one or two others.

I heart you, Jarhead! :tongue:

Correct.

Hows the baby doing? Sleeping through the night yet?
More importantly....how is your wife doing?

Obama RAN ON focusing our efforts in Afghanistan - claiming Bush lost focus there and down-scaled it prematurely.

To then say that beefing up Afghanistan = comparable to Bush - is disengenuous.

Agreed.

So the extra Loss of American Lives post bin Laden's Death in PAKISTAN is worth it?...

What is Victory in Afghanistan?

:)

peace...

umm

Bush never executed a citizen w/o a trial.

Obama has that on him.

He was within enemy confines working with the enemy. He was an enemy casualty of war.
Bush would have done the same thing if the need was there....and I would have said a job well done to Bush if he did....just as I say to Obama.

Its the other stuff...like his handling of the economy...and his spin and political rhetoric that I cant stand anymore.

Obama RAN ON focusing our efforts in Afghanistan - claiming Bush lost focus there and down-scaled it prematurely.

To then say that beefing up Afghanistan = comparable to Bush - is disengenuous.

Agreed.

So the extra Loss of American Lives post bin Laden's Death in PAKISTAN is worth it?...

peace...

I didn't say that anything of the sort.

The point is that Obama campaigned on ramping up A-Stan to deal with what he said Bush had neglected so to say that him escalating Afghanistan is continuing Bush policy there isn't true.

Is the extra loss of life in Afghanistan now that Bin Laden is dead worth it?

No. If I had my way we would be out of there yesterday. That doesn't change Obama campaigning on escalating A-Stan and he didn't campaign on "when OBL is dead I'm peacin' out of there" either.

And there is no "victory" in Afghanistan, just like was/is no victory in Iraq.

peace...

I didn't say that anything of the sort.

The point is that Obama campaigned on ramping up A-Stan to deal with what he said Bush had neglected so to say that him escalating Afghanistan is continuing Bush policy there isn't true.

Is the extra loss of life in Afghanistan now that Bin Laden is dead worth it?

No. If I had my way we would be out of there yesterday. That doesn't change Obama campaigning on escalating A-Stan and he didn't campaign on "when OBL is dead I'm peacin' out of there" either.

And there is no "victory" in Afghanistan, just like was/is no victory in Iraq.

I always reserve my comments about the wars and shit due to the lack of classified intel. It's my probably imagined "man behind the curtain" theory.

Correct.

Hows the baby doing? Sleeping through the night yet?
More importantly....how is your wife doing?

Everything is pretty good, appreciate it!~

It's the same old double standard ignorant libs live by. War is a good thing as long as a democrat is in office. Why do you think Cindy Sheehan's anti-war nut cases are silent? It ain't about war, it's about politics.

It's the same old double standard ignorant libs live by. War is a good thing as long as a democrat is in office. Why do you think Cindy Sheehan's anti-war nut cases are silent? It ain't about war, it's about politics.

Obama's War policy has been pretty fuggin similar to what he campaigned on. I'm not sure you followed his campaign - or else you'd know that this post you've written in doo-doo.

not with all those on the left. I see many posts here saying they dont support military action in A-Stan.....but they are defending Obama by pointing out that he never said he was going to pull out of A-Stan.

However...you are correct about left wing organizations...they cried about military actions overseas when Bush was President...and now seem to have disappeared as it pertains to escalated and additional military actions by Obama.

So yes...THAT is politics.

They both started wars in the Middle East
They both unconstitutionally bypassed Congress in starting those wars
They both maintained our military presence in over 100 countries
They both supported the Patriot Act
They both dramatically increased the national debt
They both lowered taxes and kept them low
They both showed undying support for the Federal Reserve
They both made campaign promises they did not keep
They both tried stimulus spending
They both added dramatically to the number of pages in the Federal Register...aka more regulations
They both did very little to stop illegal immigration
They both gave sweetheart deals to failing corporations
They both instituted huge national medical programs
They both curtailed the rights of suspects not convicted of a crime
They both expanded the war on drugs
They both used ‘Special Signing Statements’ to avoid obeying the law

not with all those on the left. I see many posts here saying they dont support military action in A-Stan.....but they are defending Obama by pointing out that he never said he was going to pull out of A-Stan.

However...you are correct about left wing organizations...they cried about military actions overseas when Bush was President...and now seem to have disappeared as it pertains to escalated and additional military actions by Obama.

Just because the media isn't too keen on covering it anymore, doesn't mean it's not being done though.

CODEPINK : Index They're still on their same message, even under the different President.

They both added dramatically to the number of pages in the Federal Register...aka more regulations

This is on point.

"That is why CODEPINK is modeling citizen justice (with a splash of pink) by holding the former Bush administration, Obama administration and others accountable for leading us into unjust and illegal military interventions. As we stand on the shoulders of the peace and social justice activists who came before us, we know that change will not occur unless citizens stand up for their rights under the law."

The biggest anti-war movement is still involved in its crusade, despite the President, and has in fact called his Administration Criminal just like they did Bush's.

Call them kooks, but please - don't call them hypocrits.

Just because the media isn't too keen on covering it anymore, doesn't mean it's not being done though.

CODEPINK*:*Index They're still on their same message, even under the different President.

I didnt think of it that way...

Maybe it is that the media doesnt cover Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan anymore?

Interesting.....

But why? I mean...it was played after the first year....but it went on for 6 years...and then died when Obama took office.....

Do you truly think the media decided to end coverage the minute Obama took office...after 6 years of constant coverage?

CODEPINK*:*Index They're still on their same message, even under the different President.

I didnt think of it that way...

Maybe it is that the media doesnt cover Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan anymore?

Interesting.....

But why? I mean...it was played after the first year....but it went on for 6 years...and then died when Obama took office.....

Do you truly think the media decided to end coverage the minute Obama took office...after 6 years of constant coverage?

Yes. I do think that.

For starters, you can see how active it still is by the link I provided. That's all you should need: but - to add to that: The coverage of Code Pink was actually mostly fueled by Fox's "culture war" types, and a continuous airing of stories showing them to be kooky. That's where I mainly saw coverage of code pink. Fox, talk radio, etc.

If they covered them now as much as they covered them under Bush, they would lose their reserved right to claim that they're "silent" now, and hypocrits.....which flies in the face of the facts.

Last edited:

This is on point.

Ayup

Forum List

Back