10-point Republican lead on generic congressional ballot now largest in 68 years:

This looks good for the Republicans if they are running someone named Joe Generic in November

Problem is they have to put actual names on the ballot. When voters are given actual names with actual political platforms, the GOP starts to falter.

With so many Tea Bagger candidates spouting extremist rhetoric there is a huge probability of implosion.

"Did you really say THAT?"

Can someone remind me of what those generic Republican positions are again? NO

Previewing Ohio

We'll start rolling out our Ohio poll results tomorrow but there's one finding on the poll that pretty much sums it up: by a 50-42 margin voters there say they'd rather have George W. Bush in the White House right now than Barack Obama.

Isn't that a slap in the face of Obama? Ohio voters would rather have Bush in for a unprecedented third term instead of Obama. Gotta love it!

Last edited:
Traditionally, the incumbent party loses seats in an off year election....and that is to be expected. However, it is interesting to see in certain races, how the TP/Republican candidates are imploding when earlier they looked to be shoo-ins. I speak particularly of Nevada's Senate race.

Not a big fan of polling. I don't really think it tells us that much since people are fluid. Anything can happen between now and then that changes their minds.

Besides, does anyone honestly think that things will be that much different if there is an R next to their name? The problems our society has wont be solved by politics.

I think this poll shows two things.

1) Voters are tired of what is going on right now in Congress.

2) Obama is sinking in the polls.

An historic new Gallup Poll showing the party of Lincoln has now built a whopping 10-point lead -- 51 to 41 -- among registered voters over Obama's Democrats in the revealing generic congressional ballot for the Nov. 2 elections.

10-point Republican lead on generic congressional ballot now largest in 68 years: Gallup | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Public opinion is like George Stynbreners relationship with Billy Martin. Fire him, rehire him, fire him, rehire him. I've no doubt that the kneejerk response of the public is to keep on changing the coaches, when things aren't turned around as fast as they'd like. We are, after all, a nation that gave the whitehouse to Dubya...twice.

I've no doubt that the Dems are going to get a can of kick ass this November. But what's going to keep the GOP from regaining power are the idiots who actually believe that they lost the election because they weren't right wing enough, and have been nominating bat shit crazy candidates. Who woulda thunk that they'd rip defeat from the jaws of victory in against Harry Reid?

An historic new Gallup Poll showing the party of Lincoln has now built a whopping 10-point lead -- 51 to 41 -- among registered voters over Obama's Democrats in the revealing generic congressional ballot for the Nov. 2 elections.

10-point Republican lead on generic congressional ballot now largest in 68 years: Gallup | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Public opinion is like George Stynbreners relationship with Billy Martin. Fire him, rehire him, fire him, rehire him. I've no doubt that the kneejerk response of the public is to keep on changing the coaches, when things aren't turned around as fast as they'd like. We are, after all, a nation that gave the whitehouse to Dubya...twice.

I've no doubt that the Dems are going to get a can of kick ass this November. But what's going to keep the GOP from regaining power are the idiots who actually believe that they lost the election because they weren't right wing enough, and have been nominating bat shit crazy candidates. Who woulda thunk that they'd rip defeat from the jaws of victory in against Harry Reid?

If by saying "weren't right wing enough" means not being conservative enough then you're right. The fact is this is a right leaning country always has been and always will be. The Republicans of the past have not been conservative enough, they've all gotten away from the conservative philosophy of limited govt. and fiscal responsibility just to name two.

You're already counting Sharon Angle out and I think that's foolish. I'm confident that she will defeat Harry Reid and she will do it quite soundly.

But once the Republicans reclaim the House, which they will and quite possibly the Senate also, they need to focus on cutting some of these entitlement programs, namely unemployment insurance and most of the other welfare programs that do nothing but keep poor people poor.

Unemployment insurance needs to be reduced back down to 13 weeks, keeping it at 99 weeks allows people to sit on their ass waiting for that "perfect" job instead of taking what's available.

They need to not only keep the Bush tax cuts, they need to make them permanent.

The Dems most Definitely are gonna get a can of kick ass this November. Yessir they izz. :eusa_angel:

With so many Tea Bagger candidates spouting extremist rhetoric there is a huge probability of implosion.

Still dreaming about that big, sweaty ball sack being dropped in your mouth rw. Now don't try and wiggle out of it. You just can't let it go. That ole back sack in your mouth must be something you really love since that's all you can think of.

The Dems most Definitely are gonna get a can of kick ass this November. Yessir they izz. :eusa_angel:

Yeah they are, and they know it. You can sense it in their posts. They know it's coming.

They are all in attack mode. They can't possibly run on their record, so attacking their opponent is their only recourse. They have to brand their opponents as "extreme" or some other such nonsense. And they are all running away from Obama and Pelosi just as fast as they can! :lol:

If by saying "weren't right wing enough" means not being conservative enough then you're right. The fact is this is a right leaning country always has been and always will be. The Republicans of the past have not been conservative enough, they've all gotten away from the conservative philosophy of limited govt. and fiscal responsibility just to name two.

No, we're a dysfunctional country. In poll after poll, when you ask people whether they're conservative or liberal, they'll say they're conservative. If you poll on specific liberal initiatives, like public education, environment, alternative energy, health care, those same people all of sudden are fer it.

You're already counting Sharon Angle out and I think that's foolish. I'm confident that she will defeat Harry Reid and she will do it quite soundly.

We'll see what we see. All indications are she's dropping hard, refusing to deal with the mainstream media (instead relying on the loony extremists), and failing to fess up to her major screw-ups like putting Scientologists in charge of prisons. She's a gift.

But once the Republicans reclaim the House, which they will and quite possibly the Senate also, they need to focus on cutting some of these entitlement programs, namely unemployment insurance and most of the other welfare programs that do nothing but keep poor people poor.

But they won't. You seem to miss the point that people are unhappy that the economy didn't turn on a dime after the next election, but when faced with some right wing extremist, they'll find a lot more pragmatism than you give them credit for. Nope, I see this more like the '64 race when the Birchers were about as loud and crude as the tea baggers, and the dems looked like they were dropping like rocks in the polls, but when the curtain was closed on those polling booths, the people chose the better alternative.

Unemployment insurance needs to be reduced back down to 13 weeks, keeping it at 99 weeks allows people to sit on their ass waiting for that "perfect" job instead of taking what's available.

If we want to dive into the abyss of becoming a third world shithole full of destitute squaters, you're probably right. But until jobs are available for the vast majority that's not going to happen. It would be interesting if the GOP runs on that in states like Ohio and Michigan.

We can't afford them, and the people who've been most blessed, don't need them. In fact, I'll argue they're counterproductive in rebuilding our economy. The Clinton tax structure did more to facilitate investment for the simple reason was that investing and reinvesting within companies generated more wealth than pulling money out to spend on European vacations and the latest Mercedes.

No, we're a dysfunctional country. In poll after poll, when you ask people whether they're conservative or liberal, they'll say they're conservative. If you poll on specific liberal initiatives, like public education, environment, alternative energy, health care, those same people all of sudden are fer it.

No one is against healthcare, alternative energy, education or the environment, and those issues are not exclusively liberal. Where the difference lies is in the application and how to get there. In nine of 15 issues examined in an Associated Press-GfK Poll this month, Most attuned voters tilted toward the GOP. Issues like the economy, unemployment, federal deficits and terrorism.

We'll see what we see. All indications are she's dropping hard, refusing to deal with the mainstream media (instead relying on the loony extremists), and failing to fess up to her major screw-ups like putting Scientologists in charge of prisons. She's a gift.

But they won't. You seem to miss the point that people are unhappy that the economy didn't turn on a dime after the next election, but when faced with some right wing extremist, they'll find a lot more pragmatism than you give them credit for. Nope, I see this more like the '64 race when the Birchers were about as loud and crude as the tea baggers, and the dems looked like they were dropping like rocks in the polls, but when the curtain was closed on those polling booths, the people chose the better alternative.

If we want to dive into the abyss of becoming a third world shithole full of destitute squaters, you're probably right. But until jobs are available for the vast majority that's not going to happen. It would be interesting if the GOP runs on that in states like Ohio and Michigan.

Jobs are available but why take a job that paid less than your previous job when you can sit on your ass for 99 weeks? And the way to create jobs is not by placing a moratorium on offshore drilling, which kills even more jobs, but creating an environment where corporations and industries have the confidence to expand business.

We can't afford them, and the people who've been most blessed, don't need them. In fact, I'll argue they're counterproductive in rebuilding our economy. The Clinton tax structure did more to facilitate investment for the simple reason was that investing and reinvesting within companies generated more wealth than pulling money out to spend on European vacations and the latest Mercedes.

Bullshit we can't afford them, fact is we can't afford not to have them. After President Bush took office, America experienced six years of uninterrupted economic growth and a record 52 straight months of job creation that produced more than 8 million new jobs. The unemployment rate averaged 5.3 percent. We saw labor-productivity gains that averaged 2.5 percent annually — a rate that exceeds the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. Real after-tax income per capita increased by more than 11 percent. And from 2000 to 2007, real GDP grew by more than 17 percent, a gain of nearly $2.1 trillion.

I don't think the Republicans can do all that. Not with President Obama controlling a Veto.

I don't think we as a people are ready for self government again. We need to work on the hearts and the minds of people. We need to change the culture. If we do that the government will change as a natural consequence. If we don't it doesnt matter who has power, because we will end up destroying ourselves as a nation. We will be in slavery.

We need to seriously wake people up now to the power of individual liberty. If we have people who are self sufficient and who refuse to take government handouts, it doesnt matter what the government does. We will be free.

Its a choice to take handouts. We need to change hearts and minds.

Forum List

Back