10% of Small Business Plan to Drop Coverage After Obaminationcare is Implemented!!!

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by GHook93, Jul 24, 2012.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    Obaminationcare was supposed to insure most Americans, yet nearly 10% say they will drop coverage and 10% say they don't know how they will continue to cover workers! And this is only for the companies with 50-100 workers. The <50 will have ever LESS incentive to provide insurance (huge costs for coverage), not too mention they will have ENORMOUS incentive to never go over 50 employees.

But don't worry folks the individual mandate will get all the healthy people to buy the extremely costly individual health insurance, otherwise they get wacked with a wooping $95 fine in 2014 and $695 fine in 2016! In the end gobs of sick people will be acquiring insurance when they couldn't have before (which is a good thing), but at enormous costs and the healthy people savior TAX won't pick up the bill. In fact they will cause more losses since they will just get insurance when they need it and drop it when they don't!

Folks Obaminationcare is about ONE THING: BANKRUPTING THE HEALTH INSURANCE INDUSTRY. If Obama wins reelection, he will see one healthcare provider after another going under and he will move towards a Single Payor Option as the savior!

2. jimowencassidy

jimowencassidy Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    umm... not to get people angry...
    I have thought about this for a long time, I watch Fox news and I consider myself in the center,
    but what I can't stop asking myself, is, what if you are someone that needs health care, and you are desperate, what happened if the world said "we can't afford you".....

I don't think Obamanationcare is going to be implemented correctly, but I think that every US citizen should be able to access care.

Now if someone chooses to be lazy and have everything taken care for them, I don't agree with that.

So, how many people are angry with me?

-------------------

** edit: I know this was a little off-topic, but I keep hearing people complain about Obamacare, and I am against Obamacare, but for something similar, I just don't trust Obama.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  3. jimowencassidy

jimowencassidy Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    by the way, is the reputation like a chess scoring? I am new here, I never was part of a forum since I was younger.

4. Politico

Politico Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    It's going to be more than that. A lot of companies don't want to provide insurance now. The only reason they do is so they won't lose workers to other companies.

5. Norman

Norman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,866
    When people find out how small the fine is it could spread and a lot of people could drop coverage... And only buy it in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

That would make insurance so expensive that even more people would drop it.

Not everything about this is bad though, dropping coverages would increase off the pocket visits and thus some sectors could become more efficient.

We will see if dropping insurance becomes popular.

One thing is sure... 51 employee business is going to be rarer than diamond.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  6. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    It's a good excuse as any for dropping coverage for your employees.

7. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    If that ambulance ride doesn't happen to be between October 15 and December 7, you're going to have some trouble buying insurance--in an exchange, anyway.

8. Buford

Buford BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
  9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,310
    All the more reason we need a government option for those who have been dropped by their employers

10. Buford

Buford BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Government caused it and now you think govt is going to make it better. Are you allowed to be use a fork without supervision?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1