1 woman & her purse vs. 3 violent men...no one has a gun...poor woman...

I guess, when I have three people with knives coming to kill me, I'd better throw away my handgun to increase my chances of survival.

How many times have you had 3 guys with knives coming to kill you? Why would they want to kill you?

It does not matter. It's an example.

There are people in this world who are willing to hurt you.

They're called criminals.

Yes but you make it sound so likely to happen. I am pretty old and nobody has ever tried to kill me, nor do I know anyone who has been murdered. Our homicide rate is about 4.7 per 100,000 people. I don't think in my entire life have I met 100,000 people. While our homicide rate is bad compared to many countries, you are still not very likely to be murdered by criminals.

The only people that have ever pulled guns on me were cops. I came within a hair of being blown away for the crime of walking home from work. And if I'd been carrying myself, since they pulled the heat without identifying themselves, I might have taken a cop with me on the way out.

For what? Absolutely nothing.

That's what this mentality leads to.

And again with the bullshit Kellerman.

What makes you think that stat is not correct? I haven't looked into it, but the body count certainly doesn't support that many criminals are being killed. Ah, I guess the stat probably includes suicides? If so I'd like to see the stat without suicides.

Kellerman limited himself to gun deaths in the home, and it came out to 39 suicides, 3.5 homicides and .5 accidents to every bad guy killed.

The FBI's figures are even more damning. they estimate only 201 "Justifiable" homicides with guns out of 32,000 gun deaths every year.

Just remember, 32,000 gun deaths aren't a health care crisis but 1 Ebola death- EVERYBODY FUCKING PANIC!!!

A_Black_and_White_Retro_Style_Cartoon_People_Panicking_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_101115-133652-006053.jpg

Again, who cares about suicides.

And again, you ignore the deterrent factor, as usual.

But keep sucking government dick, you cheap fascist hack.

Why wouldn't you care about suicides?
You are just as dead and a gun is the leading tool used for suicide

Because someone killing themself with a gun is no justification to prevent me from owning one.

Should depresssed or crazy people have free access to guns?

What makes you think that stat is not correct? I haven't looked into it, but the body count certainly doesn't support that many criminals are being killed. Ah, I guess the stat probably includes suicides? If so I'd like to see the stat without suicides.

Kellerman limited himself to gun deaths in the home, and it came out to 39 suicides, 3.5 homicides and .5 accidents to every bad guy killed.

The FBI's figures are even more damning. they estimate only 201 "Justifiable" homicides with guns out of 32,000 gun deaths every year.

Just remember, 32,000 gun deaths aren't a health care crisis but 1 Ebola death- EVERYBODY FUCKING PANIC!!!

A_Black_and_White_Retro_Style_Cartoon_People_Panicking_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_101115-133652-006053.jpg

Again, who cares about suicides.

And again, you ignore the deterrent factor, as usual.

But keep sucking government dick, you cheap fascist hack.

Why wouldn't you care about suicides?
You are just as dead and a gun is the leading tool used for suicide

Because someone killing themself with a gun is no justification to prevent me from owning one.

Define "depressed" and "crazy"

I also don't think more guns eliminates crime. If more guns did that we would by far have the least crime in the world right?

1) Explain Russia then, they have almost no guns and more crime than we do...

2) Explain the research that shows as concealed carry becomes the law, the crime rate drops...

Crazy people...probably not...but democrats have rights too...

Our homicide rate is about 4.7 per 100,000 people.

And if you strip out gang murder it falls to about 1.4...on par with any other western nation...

The FBI's figures are even more damning. they estimate only 201 "Justifiable" homicides with guns out of

Yeah, a gang member buying drugs from his dealer is a gun death in the home...that is how kellerman lied about the numbers...

I also don't think more guns eliminates crime. If more guns did that we would by far have the least crime in the world right?

1) Explain Russia then, they have almost no guns and more crime than we do...

2) Explain the research that shows as concealed carry becomes the law, the crime rate drops...

Well I don't have to explain those things because I don't think guns effect it. But Russia has had high crime because of political and economic instability. If you look at the stats they have fallen very fast as they become more stable.

There is typically more policing when crime appears to go down from concealed carry.

You think more guns are the answer to everything. We have the most guns, why do other countries have less crime?

Our homicide rate is about 4.7 per 100,000 people.

And if you strip out gang murder it falls to about 1.4...on par with any other western nation...

Then that makes it even more unlikely to ever need a gun to defend yourself. Course many countries with very few guns are below 1.

Shouldn't you tell people they are more likely to be accidently shot than murdered with a gun when you are pushing them for protection?

Is a woman more likely to be raped when she's packing a deadly weapon?

See, you gun grabbers don't want to deal with the research because goes against every argument you have....research into rape and women defending themselves found that using a gun was the best option for stopping a rape vs. asking the rapist to stop, yelling and screaming or resisting with empty hands...

Rape is under reported in chauvanist countries...for example Japan...women are second class citizens...and rape isn't regarded as a high priority...

Shouldn't you tell people they are more likely to be accidently shot than murdered with a gun when you are pushing them for protection?

actually, the research does not back this up...in the 19 studies the lowest reported number of times a gun is used, outside of obama's study, was 760,000...gun accidents far lower than that and deaths due to gun accidents are about 6-700 a year...so you are wrong again...

And the gun grabbers will stop any attempt to help educate the public about gun safety...they prefer people dying and being injured in accidents because it is more important for them to get guns banned than it is to save lives...

Do your chances of survival go up when you're armed?

Actually on #1 I'd say they go down.

Sorry, but that notion is idiotic. If chance of survival goes down when you're armed, then we should disarm our soldiers when they're in wartime. Why oh why didn't warring nations in centuries past discard their swords in battle in order to increase their odds of survival???

Sorry, but that notion is idiotic. If chance of survival goes down when you're armed, then we should disarm our soldiers when they're in wartime. Why oh why didn't warring nations in centuries past discard their swords in battle in order to increase their odds of survival???

Thanks. You just destroyed your own point.

Two armies meet for battle at dawn. All is ready. Suddenly God comes down and pulls all the guns. How many casualties do you have by sunset?

Think about it.

A look at the truth about gun accidents...

GunCite-Gun Accidents

I
n Targeting Guns, Dr. Kleck concludes in part, "Most gun accidents occur in the home, many (perhaps most) of them involving guns kept for defense. However, very few accidents occur in connection with actual defensive uses of guns. Gun accidents are generally committed by unusually reckless people with records of heavy drinking, repeated involvement in automobile crashes, many traffic citations, and prior arrests for assault. Gun accidents, then, involve a rare and atypical subset of the population, as both shooters and victims. They rarely involve children, and most commonly involve adolescents and young adults."

"The risk of a gun accident is extremely low, even among defensive gun owners, except among a very small, identifiably high-risk subset of the population. Consequently, it is doubtful whether, for the average gun owner, the risk of a gun accident could counterbalance the benefits of keeping a gun in the home for protection: the risk of an accident is quite low overall, and is virtually nonexistent for most gun owners." (p 321)

Don't be a low life and your odds for having a gun accident go down...

Two armies meet for battle at dawn. All is ready. Suddenly God comes down and pulls all the guns. How many casualties do you have by sunset?

Think about it.

And on the third day the armies re-equipped with sharp pointed sticks, and there was much slaughter and merriment.

How many casualties do you have by sunset?

Hmmm...I guess you never heard of Samurai, Mongols, the 30 years war....

Gun grabbers have no sense of history before they wake up each morning it is like groundhog day for them......we had a long period of time where there were no guns...at all...hadn't been invented yet...and people still slaughtered each other...

Think about it.

And on the third day the armies re-equipped with sharp pointed sticks, and there was much slaughter and merriment.

-- not to mention the weeping and gnashing of teeth. :thup:

How many casualties do you have by sunset?

Hmmm...I guess you never heard of Samurai, Mongols, the 30 years war....

Gun grabbers have no sense of history before they wake up each morning...we had a long period of time where there were no guns...at all...hadn't been invented yet...and people still slaughtered each other...

::::wwwwwhhhhhhoooooooshhh::::

Think about it.

That's ridiculous.

Two opposing armies. One armed, one unarmed.

What happens? Reconcile that.

Two people. One a criminal armed with a knife. The other an unarmed innocent.

What happens?

Why are you trying so hard to twist and distort common sense? You make it sound as if not defending yourself with a weapon actually improves your chances of survival, as if criminals and would-be-criminals don't exist. Hello? Have you ever been mugged? Ever been attacked? It happens more often than you think, and just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean you get a say in keeping anyone also from being protected. Next thing you'll be saying is that clothes and survival gear decreases your chances of survival in the wild.

Forum List

Back