1% Of America Has 40% Of America's Wealth~ (Magna Carta? Robin Hood?)

"if my Countrymen should ever wish for the Honour of having among them a Gentry enormously wealthy, let them sell their Farms and pay rack'd Rents; the Scale of the Landlords will rise as that of the Tenants is depress'd who will soon become poor, tattered, dirty, and abject in Spirit. Had I never been in the American Colonies, but was to form my Judgment of Civil Society by what I have lately seen [in Ireland and Scotland], I should never advise a Nation of Savages to admit of Civilisation: For I assure you, that in the Possession and Enjoyment of the various Comforts of Life, compar'd to these People every Indian is a Gentleman: And the Effect of this kind of Civil Society seems only to be, the depressing Multitudes below the Savage State that a few may be rais'd above it"
-- Benjamin Franklin; from letter to Joshua Babcock (Jan. 13. 1772)

-

1% Of America Has 40% Of America's Wealth~ Discuss

There was a reason we made laws against Monopolies (The Anti-Trust Laws) that aren't working today....

There is a reason Magna Carta became a law (this was LONG before the USA and we still struggle with the concept?)

Robin Hood? Take from the greedy rich and give to the needy........Uh oh. Seems History repeats itself.

Last year some CEO's made 331 times more money than the AVERAGE worker. Is that CEO working 331 times as hard?

Corporate profits just hit ANOTHER all time high while workers wages hit ANOTHER all time low
Profits At High Wages At Low - Business Insider

It's the same debate that has been had since at least 1215..........So it's clear some will not learn

Let me help you ---- there are two inherent flaws in your logic.

"CEO's made 331 times more money than the AVERAGE worker. Is that CEO working 331 times as hard?"

Compensation has nothing - zilch-nada-zero - to do with how hard you work. It has EVERYTHING to do with what you produce. CEOs produce 331 times more than the average worker.

The second flaw?

"Corporate profits just hit ANOTHER all time high while workers wages hit ANOTHER all time low"

Where do 'corporate profits' go? Most companies are publicly owned - your 401(k) owns part of those companies. Shareholders, mutual funds, investors, schools, communities - all of those get those horrid 'corporate profits'. Are you proposing they give that up so that you can get a higher wage?

See the AVERAGE worker wants to think their time at work away from their family is worth something.

You notating that "It's not how hard you work" is a compromise to CAPITALISM. CEO's don't produce, they lead the producers kiddo.

"Where do Corporate profits go?" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't tell if that is an oxymoron question or the one asking is the moron.

Still not addressing the flaws in your argument? Post 64.

Where do YOU think corporate profits go? You told us you were high up in a large corporation, and I used to run one. Since I signed the checks, I know ... but do you?

I directly beat your argument. You can't be so stupid as to think a CEO produces everything in a factory..............You can't be..........OR ARE YOU?..........................................:banghead:

Where do Corporate profits go? TO THE CORPORATION! How that is distributed is the actual discussion kid!!!!!!!!

I don't think politics have ever had to be dumbed down this low.

Uhhhh .... your ignorance is showing.

The CEO is responsible for everything produced in a factory .... but, then, you must know that, right? After all, you're one of those, right?

As for corporate profits ... you work at a gas station or something? Walmart? 7-11?

Corporate profits do NOT go to the corporation - they go to the owners, the stockholders. That is how profit is figured --- what's left over when all the expenses are paid, and when the money has been set aside for the next year's operation. Corporations, by definition, cannot receive profits because the corporation, as an entity owns no part of itself. It is solely owned by the stockholders.

"Corporate profit, also called net income, is the amount remaining after all costs, depreciation, interest, taxes, and other expenses have been deducted from total sales. Profit is also referred to as the bottom line, net profit or net earnings. The formula for profit is:

Total Sales - Total Expenses = Corporate Profit"
Corporate Profit Definition Example Investing Answers

You know, if you can't play with the big dogs, maybe you should stay on the porch. Go post in the Jokes thread or something.

1% Of America Has 40% Of America's Wealth~ Discuss

There was a reason we made laws against Monopolies (The Anti-Trust Laws) that aren't working today....

There is a reason Magna Carta became a law (this was LONG before the USA and we still struggle with the concept?)

Robin Hood? Take from the greedy rich and give to the needy........Uh oh. Seems History repeats itself.

Last year some CEO's made 331 times more money than the AVERAGE worker. Is that CEO working 331 times as hard?

Corporate profits just hit ANOTHER all time high while workers wages hit ANOTHER all time low
Profits At High Wages At Low - Business Insider

It's the same debate that has been had since at least 1215..........So it's clear some will not learn

"CEO's made 331 times more money than the AVERAGE worker. Is that CEO working 331 times as hard?"

Compensation has nothing - zilch-nada-zero - to do with how hard you work. It has EVERYTHING to do with what you produce. CEOs produce 331 times more than the average worker.

The second flaw?

"Corporate profits just hit ANOTHER all time high while workers wages hit ANOTHER all time low"

Where do 'corporate profits' go? Most companies are publicly owned - your 401(k) owns part of those companies. Shareholders, mutual funds, investors, schools, communities - all of those get those horrid 'corporate profits'. Are you proposing they give that up so that you can get a higher wage?

See the AVERAGE worker wants to think their time at work away from their family is worth something.

You notating that "It's not how hard you work" is a compromise to CAPITALISM. CEO's don't produce, they lead the producers kiddo.

"Where do Corporate profits go?" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't tell if that is an oxymoron question or the one asking is the moron.

Where do YOU think corporate profits go? You told us you were high up in a large corporation, and I used to run one. Since I signed the checks, I know ... but do you?

I directly beat your argument. You can't be so stupid as to think a CEO produces everything in a factory..............You can't be..........OR ARE YOU?..........................................:banghead:

Where do Corporate profits go? TO THE CORPORATION! How that is distributed is the actual discussion kid!!!!!!!!

The CEO is responsible for everything produced in a factory .... but, then, you must know that, right? After all, you're one of those, right?

As for corporate profits ... you work at a gas station or something? Walmart? 7-11?

Corporate profits do NOT go to the corporation - they go to the owners, the stockholders. That is how profit is figured --- what's left over when all the expenses are paid, and when the money has been set aside for the next year's operation. Corporations, by definition, cannot receive profits because the corporation, as an entity owns no part of itself. It is solely owned by the stockholders.

"Corporate profit, also called net income, is the amount remaining after all costs, depreciation, interest, taxes, and other expenses have been deducted from total sales. Profit is also referred to as the bottom line, net profit or net earnings. The formula for profit is:

You know, if you can't play with the big dogs, maybe you should stay on the porch. Go post in the Jokes thread or something.

"The CEO is responsible for everything produced in a factory ...."
Guess you've never heard the phrase, "shot rolls down hill". The CEO is responsible only to the owner/financial advisor. The CEO then blames the Supervisors who then blame the Line Leaders who then blame the workers.

Most CEO' s and owners never place foot in the majority of their Corporations kid. WELCOME TO AMERICA.

(p.s. The profits are how the workers are paid............or maybe you can explain how their pay comes out of pixie dust................so dumb..............so dumb......)

The second flaw?

Guess you've never heard the phrase, "shot rolls down hill". The CEO is responsible only to the owner/financial advisor. The CEO then blames the Supervisors who then blame the Line Leaders who then blame the workers.

Most CEO' s and owners never place foot in the majority of their Corporations kid. WELCOME TO AMERICA.

(p.s. The profits are how the workers are paid............or maybe you can explain how their pay comes out of pixie dust................so dumb..............so dumb......)

Oh, quit whining ---- you sound like a little girl. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Workers are NOT paid out of profits -- profits is what's left after all the bills - including labor - are paid.

Just exactly WHO is the owner of the corporation I am supposedly responsible to?

As for your asinine comment that "most CEOs and owners never place foot in the majority of Corporations", do your research. How many corporations are small businesses? How many 'CEOs' work their business? I wish somebody had told me i didn't have to go to the corporate facilities - coulda saved me 130 days a year on the road.

You need to be quiet now --- you're just showing how shallow your understanding of business practices really is. Don't embarrass yourself any further.

Oh, quit whining ---- you sound like a little girl. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Workers are NOT paid out of profits -- profits is what's left after all the bills - including labor - are paid.

Just exactly WHO is the owner of the corporation I am supposedly responsible to?

As for your asinine comment that "most CEOs and owners never place foot in the majority of Corporations", do your research. How many corporations are small businesses? How many 'CEOs' work their business? I wish somebody had told me i didn't have to go to the corporate facilities - coulda saved me 130 days a year on the road.

You need to be quiet now --- you're just showing how shallow your understanding of business practices really is. Don't embarrass yourself any further.

They are profits before they are spent on the workers kiddo *wink*
Cut out the worker, and all you see is PROFIT!

I remember last forum someone stated that workers are the only thing that stood in the way of profits. He stated "They get sick, they get pregnant, they call in"

As long as your focus is profit, you can cut out the wages.

I'm fully aware you don't know small business where the profits you make day to day have to be split up and categorized, some given to the workers where then it is considered a wage and not profit for the employer anymore.

Others fixate on keeping that wage and telling that worker to go to hell.

Last edited:

What in the hell are you talking about? Most 10th grade business students know what you're saying is false.

Total Sales - Total Expenses = Corporate Profit (post 184)

(I notice you don't bother to address the other points in each post - instead, picking only one to expose your ignorance. The other comments scare you?)

I remember last forum someone stated that workers are the only thing that stood in the way of profits. He stated "They get sick, they get pregnant, they call in"

I'm fully aware you don't know small business where the profits you make day to day have to be split up and categorized, some given to the workers where then it is considered a wage and not profit for the employer anymore.

Can't handle the questions, so you want to divert by using personal attacks? How childish.

As for my small business experience ... I've started more small businesses, in more countries, than you've ever worked for.

Explain something to me ....

You said ... "They are profits before they are spent on the workers kiddo *wink*"

How is it, then, that I have to pay labor BEFORE I sell the product? Think I can get the line workers to wait until I sell something before paying them for last week's work?

Can't handle the questions, so you want to divert by using personal attacks? How childish.

As for my small business experience ... I've started more small businesses, in more countries, than you've ever worked for.

Explain something to me ....

You said ... "They are profits before they are spent on the workers kiddo *wink*"

How is it, then, that I have to pay labor BEFORE I sell the product? Think I can get the line workers to wait until I sell something before paying them for last week's work?

"How is it, then, that I have to pay labor BEFORE I sell the product?"

Because you couldn't afford labor without profit to begin with.......thanks! Or maybe you were born into profits. Maybe you borrowed someone else's profits. Wage is paid for by former profits kiddo........what is left, is your new profit after expenses.

Reminds me of chicken or the egg. Most people don't know that it takes certain and specific enzymes from the chicken to develop an egg strong enough to actually make a baby chicken.

I want to hire you to start a business. "How much are you going to pay me". I don't have any money yet, but I'll pay you some when I get it.

the pure beauty of capitalism is that competition forces profits lower and lower. This is why for example Henry Ford only made $1.49 per car and why America has far more cars than drivers.

Its seemingly a simple point but one which liberals lack the IQ to understand.

Where do 'corporate profits' go?

thanks to capitalism profits are usually minimal but the wealth they produce is incredible. GM for example puts millions and and millions of cars in people's hands and is mostly losing money doing it. Capitalism and corporations are gifts from God for the average man.

the pure beauty of capitalism is that competition forces profits lower and lower. This is why for example Henry Ford only made $1.49 per car and why America has far more cars than drivers.

What absolute drivel ...

"How is it, then, that I have to pay labor BEFORE I sell the product?"

Because you couldn't afford labor without profit to begin with.......thanks! Or maybe you were born into profits. Maybe you borrowed someone else's profits. Wage is paid for by former profits kiddo........what is left, is your new profit after expenses.

Reminds me of chicken or the egg. Most people don't know that it takes certain and specific enzymes from the chicken to develop an egg strong enough to actually make a baby chicken.

Let me guess ... Colorado? Washington? Cuz, my friend, you are clearly smokin' sumthin!

This is all part of the GOP plan to bring down America. Man, are they sly.

This is all part of the GOP plan to bring down America. Man, are they sly.

The GOP isn't even aware of what they repeat these days. They cut education for a reason....They KNOW their party are the hard working backs of America too busy working to Educate and only recently started manipulating them for profits.

The GOP core is better than who represent them today.

What absolute drivel ...

typical liberal without IQ to say why its drivel. He thinks its drivel because he feels its drivel.

See why we are positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance.

What absolute drivel ...

typical liberal without IQ to say why its drivel. He thinks its drivel because he feels its drivel.

LOL --- son, there is nobody here more conservative than I am. There is ALSO nobody here who detests ignorance more than I do.

Your post about competition forcing profits lower and lower qualifies as one of the grossest misstatements about capitalism I've ever read. Competition forces the producer to drive his production costs down, not his profits. Then, you exacerbate your error by claiming that Henry Ford supposedly made $1.49 per car. It's probably just a coincidence, not an error in your google search, that Ford made $1.49 BILLION on his cars.

Competition forces the producer to drive his production costs down, not his profits.

too stupid of course. If profits are too high a competitior can under sell you and drive you into bankruptcy. In micro economics they teach you that in the long run profits are reduced to $0 by capitalism.

Do you understand now?

What absolute drivel ...

^So high IQ people talk like that????????????????

No, we don't. We use facts to force a message.

Forum List

Back