1,300 escaped prisoners since Chrispie became Governor? Oops!

R

rdean

1,300 since Republican Governor Chris Christie took office. These are not the halfway houses you think of -- small, homelike places where prisoners can adjust slowly to a return to society. These are gigantic human warehouses, apparently, indistinguishable from prisons except for less security. The Times has several Willie-Horton-like stories of prisoners just walking away from these facilities, or from job-release programs connected to them, and resuming their careers of murder and mayhem.
In keeping with current fashion, the halfway houses are privately managed, most by a firm called Community Education. Christie, apparently so blinded by ideology (privatization is good; state government is bad) that he can’t see the obvious, has praised Community Education as “representing the very best of the human spirit.”
Christie has actually been a paid and registered lobbyist for Community Education. A close pal is a senior vice president of the company. A son-in-law of Community Education’s CEO was hired in 2010 as an “executive assistant” in the governor’s office.

Willie Horton

One prisoner committed murder after escaping. “The system is a mess,” a former senior corrections investigator says. “No matter how many escaped, no matter how many were caught, no matter how many committed heinous acts while they were on the run, they still kept releasing more guys into the halfway houses, and it kept happening over and over again.”

Chris Christie Thinks Dangerous, Porous Halfway Houses Should Be "Celebrated": Gothamist

Republicans are the ultimate self fulfilling prophecy. Government doesn't work and when they are running it, it doesn't. They make sure of it.

ITS KRISPY, as in Krispy Kreme, he sees a truckload of 'em daily.

1300 negs since you joined. Not nearly enough.

Fuck off loser

Kiss my ass shitstain. Just because you are too fucking retarded and indoctrinated to handle the truth doesn't mean everyone is you slimy piece of pig intestine.

Kiss my ass shitstain. Just because you are too fucking retarded and indoctrinated to handle the truth doesn't mean everyone is you slimy piece of pig intestine.

Shitstain, pig intestines. Where are you from? Redneckvill Arkansas?

LOSER

Oh, "REDNECK"? Wow. An "equal opportunity hater". But we knew that.
Just be thankful you don't patronize the same places I do. Now shut the fuck up and pretend your voice matters.

5,100 escapes since 2005... 1,300 since Christie took office.

That's an average of over 700/year prior to Christie taking office, and just over 500/year SINCE Christie took office... so thank you Deanie, for showing everyone how Christie has LOWERED the number of escapes from that system on a early basis!

I knew you liked him, but I am surprised you'd post something that shows Christie in such a positive light.

Keep up the good work!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I thought liberals were advocates for prisoners. Who knew.

Perhaps they should lock them down 23 hours a day, and keep them outside in cages for an hour to get a little sunshine when not cloudy.

Would that make you happy, Dean?

Forum List

Back