1/2 - 2/3 - 3/4

Superlative

Mar 13, 2007
May 1, 2003
President:
From Pakistan to the Philippines to the Horn of Africa, we are hunting down al Qaeda killers. Nineteen months ago, I pledged that the terrorists would not escape the patient justice of the United States. And as of tonight, nearly one-half of al Qaeda's senior operatives have been captured or killed.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/05/20030501-15.html

September 7, 2003
President:
America and a broad coalition acted first in Afghanistan, by destroying the training camps of terror, and removing the regime that harbored al Qaeda. In a series of raids and actions around the world, nearly two-thirds of al Qaeda's known leaders have been captured or killed, and we continue on al Qaeda's trail.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/09/20030907-1.html

October 19, 2004
President:
......And more than three-quarters of al Qaeda's key members and associates have been brought to justice.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/10/20041019-6.html

July 12, 2007
President:
In Anbar province, Sunni tribes that were once fighting alongside al Qaeda against our coalition are now fighting alongside our coalition against al Qaeda. We're working to replicate the success in Anbar and other parts of the country.......

..... I don't think Congress ought to be running the war. I think they ought to be funding our troops. I'm certainly interested in their opinion, but trying to run a war through resolution is a prescription for failure, as far as I'm concerned, and we can't afford to fail......

......where now Sunni sheikhs and Sunni citizens are working with the coalition to bring justice to al Qaeda killers......

What's realistic, as well, is to understand the consequences of what will happen if we fail in Iraq. In other words, people aren't just going to be content with driving America out of Iraq. Al Qaeda wants to hurt us here. That's their objective. That's what they would like to do. They have got an ideology that they believe that the world ought to live under, and that one way to help spread that ideology is to harm the American people, harm American interests. The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th, and that's why what happens in Iraq matters to the security here at home.

Al Qaeda in Iraq has sworn allegiance to Osama bin Laden. And the guys who had perpetuated the attacks on America -- obviously, the guys on the airplane are dead, and the commanders, many of those are either dead or in captivity, like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. But the people in Iraq, al Qaeda in Iraq, has sworn allegiance to Osama bin Laden. And we need to take al Qaeda in Iraq seriously, just like we need to take al Qaeda anywhere in the world seriously
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070712-5.html

July 20, 2007
President:
Just this week, our military forces announced the capture of one of al Qaeda's top Iraqi leaders. He helped to form what al Qaeda calls the Islamic State in Iraq, in an attempt to replicate what the Taliban had created in Afghanistan. Today that leader is under arrest, and his followers are under siege.....

....Our nation deserves a serious debate about Iraq, because the outcome of this conflict will have enormous consequences for our country. Failure in Iraq would allow terrorists to operate from a safe haven with access to the world's third largest oil reserves. Failure in Iraq would increase the probability that at some later date, American troops would have to return to Iraq to confront an enemy more dangerous and more entrenched. Failure in Iraq would send an unmistakable signal to America's enemies that our country can be bullied into retreat.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070720.html

Its not about Oil. Unless the terrorists want it.

Were fighting them, and getting help from the ones that were fighting us.

We are winning, but we could be losing.

It was right to invade, because NOW, al Qaeda has been weakened.

It is necessary to stay, because the terrorist threat is great.

Stay afraid.

You do realise that polls have found Daliy show watchers are best informed Americans.

I believed in polls till I joined this board.

And yes, I agree with P&T, Polls are bullshit.

You seem to be good at pulling up old information...

Could you please get the accomplishments of the clinton administrations war on terror...

Bill Clinton on numerous terrorist attacks during his tenure, embassy bombings,uss cole, and more made the statement, "we will hunt down these terrorists and kill them"

NEVER ....I repeat N-E-V-E-R did he do anything...

Why dont you compare the Republicans accomplishments to your pathetic band of degenerate cowards failures...

It makes me sick that assholes out there belittle the great accomplishments of hard working American patriots putting thier lives on the line, taking the fight to these bastards...

Your a disgrace...

Could you please get the accomplishments of the clinton administrations war on terror...

Bill Clinton on numerous terrorist attacks during his tenure, embassy bombings,uss cole, and more made the statement, "we will hunt down these terrorists and kill them"

Why dont you compare the Republicans accomplishments to your pathetic band of degenerate cowards failures...

It makes me sick that assholes out there belittle the great accomplishments of hard working American patriots putting thier lives on the line, taking the fight to these bastards...

Your a disgrace...

bullshit.....he killed a camel in the desert....blew up an asprin factory.....featured in blackhawk down....not to mention started a war in the balkans without UN or congressional approval....and deserted the rawandans ....

bullshit.....he killed a camel in the desert....blew up an asprin factory.....featured in blackhawk down....not to mention started a war in the balkans without UN or congressional approval....and deserted the rawandans ....

Sorry...My Bad

I love that instead of refuting the statements made you simply point the finger in another direction and question Clinton.

I call Bullshit, if were going to go back, why not have a look at the glorious Reagan and Bush Sr's admins, they were the ones who created al Qaeda and the Taliban when they abandoned the Mujahadeen after the Afghanistan Russia War.

They are not my degenerate, coward, failures, whenever someone bashes Bush, the fact that he was Elected, then Re-Elected is thrown in the face of any liberal, so the fact the Clinton was Elected and then Re-Elected should silence that.

Please do, by all means elaborate on the great accomplishments of the Bush administration that outweigh the Iraq foreign policy.

Your a disgrace...

Time will be the one to judge the disgraces of the past 7 years.

I am not belittling the "hard working American patriots putting thier lives on the line" I am belittling the man who put them into that dangerous position, unnecessarily.

I am not belittling the "hard working American patriots putting thier lives on the line" I am belittling the man who put them into that dangerous position, unnecessarily.

Yes you are.... George Bush isnt in the field putting his life on the line capturing and killing AQ. Our men and women are, and you and every liberal that condemns them for thier efforts are an enemy to this country and should get the same treatment...

Yes you are.... George Bush isnt in the field putting his life on the line capturing and killing AQ. Our men and women are, and you and every liberal that condemns them for thier efforts are an enemy to this country and should get the same treatment...

Who made the call to invade Iraq?

And dont say Saddam made that decision cause thats a load of shit.

The US Commander in Cheif made the call, Bush put US military personel in a hostile foreign country with NO plan of action, without the slightest idea of the repercussions, and if he did have any idea, then he purposely put the US in the position we currently find ourselves.

And for that I condemn him.

Who made the call to invade Iraq?

And dont say Saddam made that decision cause thats a load of shit.

The US Commander in Cheif made the call, Bush put US military personel in a hostile foreign country with NO plan of action, without the slightest idea of the repercussions, and if he did have any idea, then he purposely put the US in the position we currently find ourselves.

And for that I condemn him.

And the democrats plan is------------?

Forum List

Back