0th anniversary of VJ Day: Thank the atomic bomb for saving millions of lives

A-bomb, nuclear WMD that only America has been murderous enough to use as weapon of terror on two entirely civilian target resulting in the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands...
Lets see. both cities were functioning ports, both had industrial capacity, both were forming Armies to resist the coming invasion, yup you must be right both were totally civilian.
Both were of no military importance. That's why the weapons of terror worked so well...

Hiroshima was the imperial navy HQ and a major manufacturing city (it still is). The Japs were given every opportunity to surrender, but their leaders were delusional racists that believed they were superior to whites and that their Emperor was divine and thus there was no way they would lose the war.

It is rather hilarious to watch progress assclowns like you defend racist religious zealots like the Imperial Japanese though, so please continue.

A-bomb, nuclear WMD that only America has been murderous enough to use as weapon of terror on two entirely civilian target resulting in the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands...
Lets see. both cities were functioning ports, both had industrial capacity, both were forming Armies to resist the coming invasion, yup you must be right both were totally civilian.
Both were of no military importance. That's why the weapons of terror worked so well...

Hiroshima was the imperial navy HQ and a major manufacturing city (it still is). The Japs were given every opportunity to surrender, but their leaders were delusional racists that believed they were superior to whites and that their Emperor was divine and thus there was no way they would lose the war.

It is rather hilarious to watch progress assclowns like you defend racist religious zealots like the Imperial Japanese though, so please continue.
Yes, they were so important militarily that we never bothered to bomb them, until we needed to induce terror by causing the mass death of civilians...

Once again, propaganda is shown to be effective. The will to believe one's country is right overcomes all rationality.
Little egos search for something bigger to associate with in the attempt at self validation. "My country/religion/race, etc., is great and I am part of it, so I am great!"
Well, who would want to take comforting thoughts away from children?
TRANSLATION: I can't reply to the points made in the OP, so I'll call them names, call the poster names, and recite platitudes. And hope somebody believes me somewhere.

You've probably noticed that the usual whiners who are outraged that we used a massive weapon on those who attacked us, and ended the war by doing so, still have nothing to say about it except dreamy-headed platitudes like "Well, we didn't HAVE to!"

Typical loser's rhetoric and wishful thinking. Thank God we didn't have such people in charge in the 1940s.

The worthless arguments of those who approve of this atrocity have been so often refuted that it is painful and pointless to detail them once more. Protesting here is for any possible objective, reasonable reader, to encourage her/him not to merely fall into the 'party line' and accept such acts as justified.

Progressives want to make rapid progress toward the occupation of Japan and the hindrance to Stalin, so they liberally applied new, super-technology on helpless woman and children. They refused to be conservative with human life, but squandered it, like the Nazis and Communists.

Stupid statement. Note that by the standards of WW2, both cities absolutely were military targets! Hiroshima had aircraft factories and shipyards, Nagasaki was the site of Japan's largest torpedo factory.

Even a factory that is able to function must have raw materials to produce airplanes, and then there must be pilots to fly them. Japan had no more.

Even a factory that is able to function must have raw materials to produce airplanes, and then there must be pilots to fly them. Japan had no more.
Japan did have bamboo and ordered all able body civilians to cut bamboo spears and to human wave assault any landings by the Allies. They were forming those armies at Nagasaki and Hiroshima as well. Saipan and Okinawa proved that the Japanese civilians would obey any order by their Government. MILLIONS of Japanese civilians as young as 12 or 13 as well would have died in the Invasion. And as already told to you even after the Emperor agreed to surrender after two atomic Bombs the Japanese Army staged a Coup to try and stop it.

The worthless arguments of those who approve of this atrocity have been so often refuted that it is painful and pointless to detail them once more.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute them, so I'll pretend I already have, without providing any details or references, hoping somebody will believe me somewhere.

This is all in support of my preference that we would have invaded Japan instead, destroying many millions of lives. Instead of the less-than-a-million destroyed when we used the Bomb and ended the war quickly.

The worthless arguments of those who approve of this atrocity have been so often refuted that it is painful and pointless to detail them once more.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute them, so I'll pretend I already have, without providing any details or references, and maybe somebody will believe me.

This is all in support of my preference that we would have invaded Japan instead, destroying many millions of lives. Instead of the less-than-a-million destroyed when we used the Bomb and ended the war quickly.
An apologist for terror, so common these days.

Japan did have bamboo and ordered all able body civilians to cut bamboo spears and to human wave assault any landings by the Allies. They were forming those armies at Nagasaki and Hiroshima as well. Saipan and Okinawa proved that the Japanese civilians would obey any order by their Government. MILLIONS of Japanese civilians as young as 12 or 13 as well would have died in the Invasion.

This notion is overplayed. Starving old women and children were not going to die charging US forces. It's s ridiculous notion based on propaganda put out by the Japanese military to try and bolster flagging public support for a lost effort.

And saying "we had no choice" is specious. It is a means of avoiding the central moral issue. We had several choices.
TRANSLATION: I think it would have been better to kill several million people in the invasion of Japan, than to kill less than a million with the Bomb and end the war.

And saying "we had no choice" is specious. It is a means of avoiding the central moral issue. We had several choices.
TRANSLATION: I think it would have been better to kill several million people in the invasion of Japan, than to kill less than a million with the Bomb and end the war.

I don't need any "translation" from the likes of you. I say what I mean, punk.

Japan did have bamboo and ordered all able body civilians to cut bamboo spears and to human wave assault any landings by the Allies. They were forming those armies at Nagasaki and Hiroshima as well. Saipan and Okinawa proved that the Japanese civilians would obey any order by their Government. MILLIONS of Japanese civilians as young as 12 or 13 as well would have died in the Invasion.

This notion is overplayed. Starving old women and children were not going to die charging US forces. It's s ridiculous notion based on propaganda put out by the Japanese military to try and bolster flagging public support for a lost effort.
And yet On Saipan and Okinawa the Japanese Civilians, also I might add, starving, obeyed the order to commit suicide in mass. And the Japanese soldier fought to the last man in fact some stayed combatants for decades after the war ended.

And yet, invading Japan was not necessary, so no Marines or Army personnel would have gotten any splinters from bamboo.

Forum List

Back