Will the serious issue of violent crime and filth ever be addressed in America or will we forever have to live with it?

..... many countries of the world, the idea of somebody having to defend themselves from an attacker is unheard of. That’s almost a uniquely American thing.
What?! That must be a typo. I've been to nearly 100 countries around the world and the most aggressive are the US and UK. Just stand near a pub for an hour in the evening and you're sure to see a fight.

I think you should not be white making these kinds of comments. There is a section of white culture trying to allow a man indicted on 91 counts to be the president of this country. So if you want to talk about crime, violence amd cultural behavior, start there.
Have I ever told you where to start or what to think? If I have I apologize.

Lincoln wanted to put the blacks on ships and send them back to Africa. That would have solved our problems.
1. I have read that he proposed (before the Civil War) to ask them to kindly move to the islands in the Caribbean.

.2. He opined that the cultural differences between the two races was too different for them to live in harmony.

3. But, of course, that is a moot point in 2024.

4. The Caucasian race is rapidly shrinking.

5. Sometime in the next century, the United States' majority will be Hispanic people along with a sizable number of African Americans.

6. The way the Hispanics treat this situation will no doubt be very different.

We have heard this unfortunate story before. People immigrating to America legally from impoverished communities around the world where they are not used to the type of violence we have in America. They do no poverty, but not violence.
where have you heard this story Frank?

~S~

Will the politicians, media and Hollywood ever address this? Or are they going to keep on bombarding us with the wars in Palestine and Ukraine. With the radical BLM and LGBT stuff that the majority of Americans want nothing to do with?

But that is precisely who Deep State middle management are.
That is what they are entrained to do .
They do not set or understand the strategy , and they do as they are told .

You cannot expect them to "do anything " about it .

They are paid to comply , or they are obligated and where Gullible (90%+) , they believe the crap .

You very well could be right, but I hope that one day America becomes a country where a murder is unheard of and where vandalism and graffiti is nowhere to be found on the sides of buildings. We have killings every day in this country that people get used to it. But when one of them happens in a civilized country, it’s on the national headlines for months on end.
In California, the Three Strikes and you are out, law, worked.

California had the criminals, in Jail counting their crimes on their fingers. Democrats killed the law!!!!!

What?! That must be a typo. I've been to nearly 100 countries around the world and the most aggressive are the US and UK. Just stand near a pub for an hour in the evening and you're sure to see a fight.
That is a valid point. But what I said is true for most Asian countries, including a few in Southeast Asia like Cambodia and Thailand. I was there for nearly 4 months. There is no violent crime in these places. Occasionally there are pickpocket that that’s about it.

What I meant to say was that the problems in the west as in western European countries and the United States don’t exist in numerous countries of the world… whether it be Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates , Singapore, Japan , china or a few countries in south east Asia.

It’s the United States and those NATO European countries that have been infected by this left-wing virus. Generally speaking the western European countries follow lock step with whatever the USA is doing whether it’s radical lgbt stuff or self hatred of one’s country like with BLM.

We could even say that a few countries of the world that the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, Singapore have extreme safety. Meeting almost no crime at all. There’s no reason that United States can’t be like those countries considering where the wealthiest country in the world.

Last edited:
In the USA we have a phenomenon known as “the hood“. Black majority inner city communities throughout the USA that are very dangerous. Black folks know this white folks know it, everybody with common sense knows this. I submit that is not because of Black people, but because of bad leadership. And we did not have these problems in American history. Even though we had segregation(every country has slavery and racism at some point), we had a much better country for the middle-class for black and whites. So we should not have segregation today , but we should also respect American history and engage in common sense policy.

there would be crime surges in Singapore if that country did not have a tough on crime policy. But they do have a tough on crime policy so therefore there’s not crime surges. They also have a leadership that cares about how the roads and infrastructure looks unlike in America.

There would be crime surges in Japan if they had a bad culture, if their media and film industry was far left wing, but it’s not.

I was in Los Angeles last week. What a dump that place is. You arrive in the LA airport and it’s already filth. The airport is a total mess. There’s all sorts of delays and there’s no positive visual aspect of that airport. Los Angeles is one of the big destinations in the USA. It’s one of the first cities that foreigners either come through via a layover or visit long-term. And the roads by the Los Angeles airport are filled with potholes. That’s what you get in that dump a bumpy ride, homeless people and drug addicts roaming the streets. They have gangs and people who kill each other. Such phenomenon of crime and filth are nonexistence in Saudi Arabia and Japan for example. So again there’s no reason why the USA has communities that are terrible places to live in, why we have gangs, drug addicts, and mentally ill people roaming the streets. This should not exist but the leaders let it happen.

where have you heard this story Frank?

~S~
Here in Buffalo. With two Bangladeshi immigrants murdered. That story is linked in the original post and it’s occurred all over the country. Meaning that there are various examples of folks immigrating to the USA and then either they get killed by a gangbanger or a drug addict or one of their family members does.

That happened to a 11 year old boy from a school that I used to work at. He was killed in a drive-by shooting with an errant bullet. His family was from Yemen. These kind of things are an embarrassment for the USA. If it happened in Japan where there are no murders There is no violence there… but if that happened in Japan it would be in their national headlines for months on end. Unfortunately in the USA we are used to such violence and crime.

There’s always been crime in the USA, but it’s gotten way worse since the crack epidemic of the 1980s. Left-wing politicians including BLM supporters make things all for the worse. One was thinking the richest country in the world and something would be done about this, but it’s not. Simply because of BLM, anti-American hatred, the false idea that white supremacy is an issue in the USA. These are all used as distractions from the horrible living conditions in black majority communities, violence in black majority communities across the country…. along with domestic Violence and mass school shootings in white majority communities.

In California, the Three Strikes and you are out, law, worked.

California had the criminals, in Jail counting their crimes on their fingers. Democrats killed the law!!!!!
That is an interesting way to address it. Looking at that black guy from the original post pictured who is suspected to have murdered the two Bangladeshi immigrants…. He was previously arrested over 50 times. Yet he was on the streets roaming around.

..... what I said is true for most Asian countries, including a few in Southeast Asia like Cambodia and Thailand. I was there for nearly 4 months. There is no violent crime in these places. Occasionally there are pickpocket that that’s about it.
I agree 100%. I have been to all of those countries and it's true.
What I meant to say was that the problems in the west as in western European countries and the United States don’t exist in numerous countries of the world…
True-true.
... whether it be Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Arab Marathi, Singapore, Japan , china or a few countries in south east Asia.
I agree with everything you said but let us not overlook the fact that the laws there are stern and the punishment is particularly nasty. I don't know how much Singapore has changed since I was there in 1980 but at that time chewing gum was forbidden and wearing blue jeans was against the law. I think tie-dyed t-shirts were also illegal. ANYTHING that could be called "hippie" was unlawful including men with beards that were not trimmed neatly.
It’s the United States and those NATO European countries that have been infected by this left-wing virus. Generally speaking the western European countries follow locks that with whatever the USA is doing whether it’s radical lgbt stuff or self hatred of one’s country like with BLM.
I wouldn't blame it on "left-wing" but what you say is true.
We could even say that a few countries of the world that the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, Singapore have extreme safety. Meeting almost no crime at all.
I repeat what I said about the hard laws and punishment in those places.
There’s no reason that United States can’t be like those countries considering where the wealthiest country in the world.
Yep. And they don't even need such tough laws to accomplish it. The problem is that being the wealthiest country doesn't help if a large percentage of the population is unemployed, destitute, and/or strung out on drugs.

In the USA we have a phenomenon known as “the hood“. Black majority inner city communities throughout the USA that are very dangerous. Black folks know this white folks know it, everybody with common sense knows this. I submit that is not because of Black people, but because of bad leadership. And we did not have these problems in American history. Even though we had segregation(every country has slavery and racism at some point), we had a much better country for the middle-class for black and whites. So we should not have segregation today , but we should also respect American history and engage in common sense policy.

there would be crime surges in Singapore if that country did not have a tough on crime policy. But they do have a tough on crime policy so therefore there’s not crime surges. They also have a leadership that cares about how the roads and infrastructure looks unlike in America.

There would be crime surges in Japan if they had a bad culture, if their media and film industry was far left wing, but it’s not.

I was in Los Angeles last week. What a dump that place is. You arrive in the LA airport and it’s already filth. The airport is a total mess. There’s all sorts of delays and there’s no positive visual aspect of that airport. Los Angeles is one of the big destinations in the USA. It’s one of the first cities that foreigners either come through via a layover or visit long-term. And the roads by the Los Angeles airport are filled with potholes. That’s what you get in that dump a bumpy ride, homeless people and drug addicts roaming the streets. They have gangs and people who kill each other. Such phenomenon of crime and filth are nonexistence in Saudi Arabia and Japan for example. So again there’s no reason why the USA has communities that are terrible places to live in, why we have gangs, drug addicts, and mentally ill people roaming the streets. This should not exist but the leaders let it happen.
When the US abolished slavery they forgot to abolish racism too.

That is a valid point. But what I said is true for most Asian countries, including a few in Southeast Asia like Cambodia and Thailand. I was there for nearly 4 months. There is no violent crime in these places. Occasionally there are pickpocket that that’s about it.

What I meant to say was that the problems in the west as in western European countries and the United States don’t exist in numerous countries of the world… whether it be Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates , Singapore, Japan , china or a few countries in south east Asia.

It’s the United States and those NATO European countries that have been infected by this left-wing virus. Generally speaking the western European countries follow lock step with whatever the USA is doing whether it’s radical lgbt stuff or self hatred of one’s country like with BLM.

We could even say that a few countries of the world that the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, Singapore have extreme safety. Meeting almost no crime at all. There’s no reason that United States can’t be like those countries considering where the wealthiest country in the world.

Generalizations are stupid. There is crime in every country.

Will the politicians, media and Hollywood ever address this? Or are they going to keep on bombarding us with the wars in Palestine and Ukraine. With the radical BLM and LGBT stuff that the majority of Americans want nothing to do with?

Ever since the crack epidemic, we’ve had a lot of degradation and more violence in America. Will these issues ever be addressed or will we just have to live with it. Recently in Buffalo two Bangladeshis were murdered when they went to work on a home in Buffalo. They were shot by a squatter.. There are those Americans who might argue from a position of ignorance saying “crime is at an all-time low” while not addressing these two murders or other violent crime that occurs every day in the USA… These types of violent crimes are unheard of in the civilized areas of the world. If something like this happened in Japan it will be in the news for months on end nonstop. But in America, apparently it’s acceptable which is an embarrassment indeed to the world.

The question is will these issues of violence and filth ie the vandalism and degradation of our roads and buildings ever be addressed by the politicians? Will the media and Hollywood address or approach these issues. Or will we simply be living with it for the rest of our lives and our childrens lives as well? Seems like we would need big changes in America and that would include confronting radical left-wing politics that are clearly terrible for society.

In the American past, we had just as many guns and we did not have mass school shootings or mass shootings like we do today. We certainly didn’t have vandalism and filth in our neighborhood. The roads were not crumbling like they are today.

Take Singapore, for example where there is a death penalty for marijuana dealers. Where there are serious punishments for people who vandalize the sides of buildings with graffiti. The result is one of the safest and cleanest and friendly societies in the entire world. Not to mention of course, the prosperity Singapore home to one of the greatest economies in the world.

Also In other Countries of the world where there are guns there is not a high level of violent crime like we have in America…. so the problem is not guns.

How do you know?

I live in a state of small poverty stricken rural towns. Criminals get away with crime in them frequently. Actually cities are safer since they usually have more than 1 or 2 police officers.

Generalizations are stupid. There is crime in every country.
“OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH DEMISE!”

I agree 100%. I have been to all of those countries and it's true.

True-true.

I agree with everything you said but let us not overlook the fact that the laws there are stern and the punishment is particularly nasty. I don't know how much Singapore has changed since I was there in 1980 but at that time chewing gum was forbidden and wearing blue jeans was against the law. I think tie-dyed t-shirts were also illegal. ANYTHING that could be called "hippie" was unlawful including men with beards that were not trimmed neatly.

I wouldn't blame it on "left-wing" but what you say is true.

I repeat what I said about the hard laws and punishment in those places.

Yep. And they don't even need such tough laws to accomplish it. The problem is that being the wealthiest country doesn't help if a large percentage of the population is unemployed, destitute, and/or strung out on drugs.

These are good points. And I don’t agree with totalitarianism. Singapore has come along way… they are not as authoritarian as they were in the 1980s. People do wear jeans there I saw it. But I will say I don’t seem to see the types of left-wing hippies as you talk about, I don’t see folks dressing in a really provocative manner. Frankly, I agree with that.

Drug addiction is one of the most critical problems to address in the USA. Such an issue is nonexistent in Singapore. Yes there is a death penalty in Singapore from marijuana dealers. Personally I don’t agree with having a death penalty as a Catholic. But it is certainly interesting to look at how safe and clean the streets in Singapore are. From what I understand Singapore doesn’t execute somebody for selling a small amount of marijuana, but they give them a prison sentence in the hopes that they learn their lesson. If they commit the crime again, they are in serious trouble.

Also in Singapore yes if somebody vandalized a side of a building which I believe is an attack on entire communities, they are sentenced to a punishment of prison , including a possible caning for repeat offenders . Frankly, I agree with that. If We had that in the USA we would not have the level of degradation and filth in our communities that we do have today.

For me one kid killed is way too much and I know of a 11-year-old boy who was shot by an errant bullet from a gangbanger a few years ago.. these things occur in the USA on a daily basis.

I agree that the problem is not just a left-wing. And I’ve criticized neoconservatives plenty of times for their foreign policy and for what I believe is them not doing enough to address the terrible living conditions in black majority communities in the USA. For not doing enough to keep good jobs in the USA.

Singapore is quite strict and authoritarian. But they also allow people to go on YouTube and they have a decent level of free speech there. Maybe it’s a little bit less free than the USA but they are doing things right because they have a very strong middle class stronger than what we have in the USA. They have a low obesity rate. They don’t have poor people or homeless people roaming around the streets like we do in the USA.

I noticed something very interesting in Singapore, Thailand and Cambodia. They don’t have pro Ukraine or pro Israel or Palestine protests like we do in the USA. They’re concentrated on their problems at home and confronting those. And Cambodia has a lot of poverty issues. But they are building up their infrastructure and I’m hoping the best for that country. Cambodia is proof that even though if there is poverty, there doesn’t have to be violent crimes.

In the USA our problems are not only related to poverty and economic problems which we do have…. but also a bad culture which I believe is safe to say is influenced by Hollywood and the media. Might Even include violent video games. And I would say the appearance of our communities as in how people dress and conduct themselves.

In Singapore people are usually dressed very nicely and they don’t go around hooting and hollering and making a fool of themselves in public. But in the USA, that’s a problem people insult police officers, people dress in a poor fashion, they don’t care about their hygiene, and we have the worst obesity rate in the entire world. All of this and more are contributing to one of the most violent countries in the world wrt our high crime rate. Being that we are the wealthiest country in the world with the most powerful military, we should not have a high crime rate we shouldn’t have potholes in our roads, but we do.

I greatly appreciate your detailed responses. And your informative points. That’s why I have the pro BLM folks and even some of the far right pro Israel/pro Ukraine posters on ignore ..they never bring any information to the table only personal attacks and trolling. They are low on substance. Otoh I know of plenty of pro Israel folks and even left wingers who care about their points and take the time to make their posts.

Last edited:
When the US abolished slavery they forgot to abolish racism too.
Yes, and every country of the world has dealt with slavery and racism at some point. Many have it to this very day.

I’ve always said the US should go back to what we had in the 1950s without segregation. 35% of jobs in the 1960s were unionized today less than 10% of jobs in the USA are unionized. We’ve lost millions of steel and auto plant jobs.

Let’s have a meritocracy and common sense policies … that includes opposing BLM politicians. we have gone too far to the left today. If a country goes too far to the right or too far to the left, it’s a problem. I’m saying the USA should have common sense policies which we don’t today. I might not be good at explaining my viewpoints, but I know for a fact that a number of countries in the world like Saudi Arabia, Japan, and Singapore do not have the violent crime issues or the issue of dirty streets and pot filled road that we have in the USA. The USA is the wealthiest and strongest country in the world. It’s simply doesn’t make sense that we have crime surges and lackluster airports in this country. Something needs to be done to confront those issues. There’s no excuse for it. I don’t have the golden answer but something must be done.

Ever since the crack epidemic, we’ve had a lot of degradation and more violence in America. Will these issues ever be addressed or will we just have to live with it. Recently in Buffalo two Bangladeshis were murdered when they went to work on a home in Buffalo. They were shot by a squatter.. There are those Americans who might argue from a position of ignorance saying “crime is at an all-time low” while not addressing these two murders or other violent crime that occurs every day in the USA… These types of violent crimes are unheard of in the civilized areas of the world. If something like this happened in Japan it will be in the news for months on end nonstop. But in America, apparently it’s acceptable which is an embarrassment indeed to the world.

The question is will these issues of violence and filth ie the vandalism and degradation of our roads and buildings ever be addressed by the politicians? Will the media and Hollywood address or approach these issues. Or will we simply be living with it for the rest of our lives and our childrens lives as well? Seems like we would need big changes in America and that would include confronting radical left-wing politics that are clearly terrible for society.

In the American past, we had just as many guns and we did not have mass school shootings or mass shootings like we do today. We certainly didn’t have vandalism and filth in our neighborhood. The roads were not crumbling like they are today.

Take Singapore, for example where there is a death penalty for marijuana dealers. Where there are serious punishments for people who vandalize the sides of buildings with graffiti. The result is one of the safest and cleanest and friendly societies in the entire world. Not to mention of course, the prosperity Singapore home to one of the greatest economies in the world.

Also In other Countries of the world where there are guns there is not a high level of violent crime like we have in America…. so the problem is not guns.

Sure...crime in America is the product of recent Liberals policies....

:laughing0301:

Those I just s few famous ones. For every one of them there have been thousands that we've forgotten.

Sure...crime in America is the product of recent Liberals policies....

:laughing0301:

Those I just s few famous ones. For every one of them there have been thousands that we've forgotten.
Crime has alawys been an issue in the USA. But just look at the stats there were no mass school shootings in the American past. There was a lot less violent crime too. You’re just pointing out very specific examples.

Now in response, I have seen left-wing fanatical trolls Say “oh wait a minute there were mass shootings in the American past”. Yes maybe one or two or a year or none and they go on and post a picture or some story of one mass shooting that occurred in 1925 or something like that. But of course they’re trolling. One or two mass shootings a year compared to the serious problem of mass shootings We have today in the country. How many shootings do we have every weekend in Chicago and in Baltimore, yes there’s the point that left-wing trolls don’t care about.

Anybody who studies American culture history knows that since the 1980s crack epidemic inner city communities have been for the worse. Intercity communities on the other hand were really beautiful and wonderful in the 1950s.

The obesity rate has grown in the USA With the rise of the fast food industry. People are dressing a lot looser today and there’s a lot more filth in America.

We had a better middle class and a cleaner and healthier society in the American past. Thanks to our ancestors.

a number of countries in the world have a much safer and healthier society compared to America. Nobody can deny it. That is inexcusable with the USA being the wealthiest country in the world. There is no reason for us to have filth in our country today like we do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back