Zone1 When Racism is not a Thing of the Past

The first poster to respond proves the rampant racism that exists today.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
As Jim Crow apartheids hold on America was removed, those feelings remained a vital part of the group belief in a portion of the white population. Instead of looking at the demands blacks made and continue to make as efforts towards true democratic equality, the racist subculture looks upon these efforts as infringements on their rights. “Laissez-Faire Racism involves persistent negative stereotyping of African Americans, a tendency to blame blacks themselves for the black-white gap in socioeconomic standing, and resistance to meaningful policy efforts to ameliorate America's racist social conditions and institutions.”

“I do not dispute that racism still exists. I dispute that it is the primary cause of all the dysfunction in the black community. When humans must endure drugs, gangs, violence, abortion, teenage childbirth, lack of fathers, poor schools, filthy run-down neighborhoods, lack of good jobs, lack of effective policing, etc, on a daily basis, succeeding life is nearly impossible.”-white socia media user

Modern racism is a belief that reflects an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in contemporary racism from Jim Crow racism is that the attacks focus on a group's culture instead of claiming genetic superiority. Modern racism is primarily done online on social media. Modern racists will not express openly racist views. They believe racism is over and that racism is a thing of the past. Modern racism happens like this:

• Avoiding any meaningful contact with the minority group.
  • Practicing racial discrimination when the circumstances allow it.
  • Rather than criticizing a minority group, those with racist beliefs will attack a policy or action, and use that as an outlet for their attitudes.
  • Making a distinction between groups in terms of their ‘values’6
No better example of modern racism exists than what many in America saw during the confirmation hearings of Kitanje Brown-Jackson. Knowing they could not openly object to her based on race or qualifications, Republican senators latched on to decisions by Jackson in a very narrow portion of her cases to use to voice their disapproval of her nomination.

Symbolic racism is a belief that: 1. Blacks no longer face much prejudice or discrimination, 2. Black failure to progress results from their unwillingness to work hard enough, 3. Blacks are demanding too much too fast, 4. Blacks have gotten more than they deserve.” This belief exemplifies a culture of amnesia as it comes from people who have received direct economic development assistance from the government on multiple occasions throughout American history.

“We have got this tailspin of culture, in our inner cities in particular, of men not working and just generations of men not even thinking about working or learning the value and the culture of work, and so there is a real culture problem here that has to be dealt with,”
-Former U.S. Speaker of the House Paul Ryan

These are three examples of how racism has morphed to meet modern society.
These are all part of white backlash. Each of these forms is subtle. People who practice these forms of racism claim to be non-racist while expressing negative feelings or beliefs about members of other races. Edward Bonilla-Silva has called it “colorblind racism.” Regardless of the subtlety, these forms of racism have resulted in significant and harmful actions that mirror the effects of overt racism. These significant and harmful actions are called entitlement reform, immigration policy, welfare reform, voter fraud/integrity, stand your ground, stop and frisk and many other policies that target non-whites. “I’m colorblind, and if you talk about racism, you are the racist,” This is how racism gets played today.

Get Your Knee off Our Necks pgs. 338-341

You can make up your own story if you like to defend racism against white people.

Doesn't change a thing.

Speaking about existing white racism is not racism against white people.

WATCH: Cop Pulls Over 'Suspicious' Black Driver For Going 65 In A 70​

Let's see the excuses for this.

Notice how these same race hustlers are silent about actual racism and oppression that exists today? It’s all just a game white liberals run on black people to keep them supporting the white liberal power structure.

These White People Think Slavery Wasn't So Bad​

WATCH: Cop Pulls Over 'Suspicious' Black Driver For Going 65 In A 70​

Let's see the excuses for this.

That is against the law. It's called impeding traffic. People driving under the limit are often impaired and trying to hide it. Driving FIVE UNDER the limit isn't a reason for a stop. I've done that when I didn't feel good or were tired. The Officer was wrong.

Yes .. because we all know that Affirmative Action and DEI turns out the best, qualified candidates for a role .. There have never been unqualified candidates that were selected over well-qualified or better qualified candidates because of race from DEI and Affirmative Action.
What? All DEI and affirmative Action unpersons are incompetent.

I know racism when I see and hear it and don't need you to tell me anything when it comes to what I claim.
You post racism and can't see it. You can't take black people telling you about yourself.

Yes, the white primates agitating for racism need to stop.
Keep gaslighting.

Nearly 9/10 violent crimes between the 2 races are Black on White. That's a disproportionality of over 40x per capita.

If White people were committing violence against Black Americans at identical disproportional rates there would be tens of millions of White on Black violent crimes annually.

Forum List

Back