Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! I just emembered why I was here!

Welcome Wiggle Piggy. Say "Hello" to the unofficial board mascot:

pillow+sprite.gif

He has a little something for everyone! :spinner:

I hate that hideous little twerp.

:meow::meow::meow:

What is up with people on these political boards?

A. They Make a claim someone or a group is something bad
B. I ask how/why they claim that
C. They get agitated, change subjects, and/or throw insults.

Over and over and over..

Do people debate here? There’s a lot of bitter, unhappy, disrespectful folk in these threads.. maybe this is a collection pool of sorts for those types? Who knows

Welcome to the forum, try the music and media forums, they are usually fine.

A huge portion of the Biden supporters will insult you if you support trump , if you criticize BLM , if you criticize support for Ukraine, or if you are a Christian.

Those Biden supporters are low on context and high on nonsense.
This can be said of posters on either side of the political spectrum.

What is up with people on these political boards?

A. They Make a claim someone or a group is something bad
B. I ask how/why they claim that
C. They get agitated, change subjects, and/or throw insults.

Over and over and over..

Do people debate here? There’s a lot of bitter, unhappy, disrespectful folk in these threads.. maybe this is a collection pool of sorts for those types? Who knows

Bite me!

😆 just kidding

Yes, this place is not for a good debate, it’s for bickering, shouting, insulting, but it’s not for working out political issues. Imagine if you will a cage match in wrestling….well, that’s USMB, just without the physical violence…and large sweaty men….eerrr, we’ll, I cannot actually verify that statement, so I wish to retract.

Basically, if your goal is to find people to discuss issues, and see eye to eye…this isn’t that place…

IMO religious and political discussions are a waste of time, nobody's mind is changed.
To study maybe.

Message boards are an odd little corner of political discourse. The sooner you realize that it's a useless and futile pastime where no one ever changes their minds the better off you'll be, I come here to better understand why people are mean.
That's a pretty good description.

Look, if you are number 3,5,7,9, or 11 then you are an odd person. Me, I'm even being 10. Hell, you might even be a prime specially if you is 11 or 13!
Originality Is the Only Thing That Isn't Square

I recently found out that all the squares are the sums of all the consecutive odd numbers (1 + 3 = 4 ,+5 = 9. +7 = 16...). But odd people call everybody else "squares." The contradiction can be resolved when we realize that most odd people are conformist to a group, just like the squares.

:thankusmile: A fact Billo has never understood all these decades.:abgg2q.jpg:
Folks that have taken them, or in philosophy departments, logic classes. . . are far less likely, to fall for this type of fallacy, which cable, network, and corporate news, as well as party politics thrives on;

That's a pretty good description.

I don't agree actually. Sure, you have to wade through a bunch of garbage. But in there also is an exchange of ideas and debate, which at the very least sharpens your own thoughts/perceptions. Or if it doesn't, you really are just throwing insults.

And as bad as this is--consider Tik Tok, and Twitter, which is like a high school cafeteria. People are there not to exchange ideas mostly, but to either create the "cool table" or to make sure they're seated at the "cool table". It's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back