The death of the Libertarian Party

Former President Donald Trump will speak at the Libertarian National Convention in Washington, D.C. later this month as he tries to woo voters beyond the Republican base and avoid losing support to independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

This is just embarrassing, the once proud Libertarian Party reduced to this stupidity. There is not a Libertarian bone in Trump's body.

This makes as much sense as having Biden speak at the RNC.

Might have to give the Constitution Party a closer look

Libertarianism died in 2008, with a picture of Ron Paul sitting in a room all by himself.

MAGA or go home.

1714738913983.png

You can stand in a barn and call yourself a tractor, that does not make you one.

There is nothing Libertarian about Trump's positions and policies.

What we have seen the last 3 years are not much different at all than what we saw the 4 years before that.

and you are a fucking moron.

Tell me what is "Libertarian" about tariffs?
No, he's not a fucking moron and watch your language --- he's right -- Trump does have strong Libertarian leanings, anti governmental control. Trump almost ran as the Reform Party's candidate in 2000 and it doesn't get much more Libertarian/independent than that.

Libertarians can't be a force in any Western country because which donors want to support responsible government when they can support printing/borrowing money and having it handed over to them?

Libertarianism is what America was borne on. Ironic that so many scoff at them now. What do you believe your Constitution would look like if it was just created today by the current incarnation of your two parties sat down and wrote it?

You shouldn't need to hear this from a dumb Canadian. I just want America to succeed because if you don't we are all in deep trouble. Yet, you all mock libertarians.

There are degrees of all ideology. I'm not an isolationist for example, however, I am a "you (other country), need to do your fair share also, especially if you agree to do so".

If you take money out of politics, Libertianism will gain traction and become a force. Otherwise...

No, he's not a fucking moron and watch your language

Fuck off, you are not my mother.

Trump does have strong Libertarian leanings, anti governmental control.

No he does not, he grew the Govt and spent more money than any POTUS before him.

Trump almost ran as the Reform Party's candidate in 2000 and it doesn't get much more Libertarian/independent than that.

Trump is a pollical bumble bee, he will go to whatever group he thinks will worship him the most.

In 2015 it was not sure if he would run as a Dem or a Repub. Only chose the Repub because it was an easier road to the nomination.

Last edited:
Grown up things like having an un-secure border and letting 7 million illegals into the country and God knows how many terrorists?
Those kind of grown up things?

Have you seen the LP platform on the border?

Grown up things like having an un-secure border and letting 7 million illegals into the country and God knows how many terrorists?
Those kind of grown up things?

Okay, let's look at that.

We have 5 million undocumented aliens because Trump and Miller broke the asylum screening system, and people like my wife have been waiting 7 years to get an asylum hearing for a situation that our government has already said is legitimate.

Biden tried to fix it, and the GOP shot him down.

We have 5 million undocumented aliens because Trump and Miller broke the asylum screening system, and people like my wife have been waiting 7 years to get an asylum hearing for a situation that our government has already said is legitimate.

Whatever. Trump was better on the border

FAKE NEWS. Grow the hell up. Biden hasn't tried to fix anything with regards to the border, Biden has caused the problem!

You can stand in a barn and call yourself a tractor, that does not make you one.

There is nothing Libertarian about Trump's positions and policies.

What we have seen the last 3 years are not much different at all than what we saw the 4 years before that.
This. To each his own about how people vote but there is nothing Libertarian about Trump (or really basically all the Democrats and Republicans in office).

Libertarians can't be a force in any Western country because which donors want to support responsible government when they can support printing/borrowing money and having it handed over to them?

Libertarianism is what America was borne on. Ironic that so many scoff at them now. What do you believe your Constitution would look like if it was just created today by the current incarnation of your two parties sat down and wrote it?

You shouldn't need to hear this from a dumb Canadian. I just want America to succeed because if you don't we are all in deep trouble. Yet, you all mock libertarians.

There are degrees of all ideology. I'm not an isolationist for example, however, I am a "you (other country), need to do your fair share also, especially if you agree to do so".

If you take money out of politics, Libertianism will gain traction and become a force. Otherwise...
we will see what the new louisiana constitution looks like in 2 weels or so.

it will not be written by "two parties" but supposedly, in 2 weeks, by the supermajority repubs.

it will be very clear that their priorities have nothing to do with freedom, or people, or health , or education.

we will see what the new louisiana constitution looks like in 2 weels or so.

it will not be written by "two parties" but supposedly, in 2 weeks, by the supermajority repubs.

it will be very clear that their priorities have nothing to do with freedom, or people, or health , or education.
Because the left has done such a wonderful job with maintaining people's freedoms (remember those LOCKDOWNS?), keeping healthcare costs under control, and keeping our schools educating everyone? R.O.F.L. Both parties are in the TANK of big business!

Whatever. Trump was better on the border

was he though?

Have you ever really looked at his numbers and the growth in illegal crossings?

This is a graphic that was posted by the MAGA member Healthmyths.

1710639301104.png

The interesting thing about these numbers is this...

Had COVID not slowed illegal immigration and it had keeping the same rate of growth as Trump's first 3 years, 2020 would have seen 1,504,638 crossings, which is pretty close to what we saw in 2021. Keeping the same rate of growth that Trump had his first 3 years 2023 would have seen 3,127,415 crossings...again pretty close to what we got.

It is almost as if neither party really cares about this issue.

Because the left has done such a wonderful job with maintaining people's freedoms (remember those LOCKDOWNS?), keeping healthcare costs under control, and keeping our schools educating everyone? R.O.F.L. Both parties are in the TANK of big business!

Nope, the left has not at all, and nether has what passes for the right in this country.

Forum List

Back