Judge denies Meadows request to move Georgia case to federal court

Appealing a hearing very difficult. Meadows has already incrminated himself with his own words. I'm thinking Meadows already cooperating with Jack Smith and wants to roll his state trial into his federal trial. I doubt will happen.
And the desperation grows in the MAGA cult.

ower court judges love making decisions that get their names in the news. Overturned this will surely be.

This matter is very much appealable.

It will be interesting to see if this stands upon appeal.
No. It won't. The merits of the case aren't being tried in the federal court. It can be appealed to CA11. But that doesn't mean they will hear the appeal. And if they turn it down, SCOTUS won't hear it, because both courts are in agreement.

This isn't about the merits of the case. It's about a change in venue.

No. It won't. The merits of the case aren't being tried in the federal court. It can be appealed to CA11. But that doesn't mean they will hear the appeal. And if they turn it down, SCOTUS won't hear it, because both courts are in agreement.

This isn't about the merits of the case. It's about a change in venue.
Either way, Meadows has already incriminated himself by his own testimony

This should be of real concern to all the people who have been indicted in Georgia. This will mean televised hearings.
Meadows conspiring with Trump to commit crimes and violate the law are clearly not connected to his official duties as White House chief of staff.

Either way, Meadows has already incriminated himself by his own testimony

his goal is to get a favorable jury, in an untelevised court. I don't see how the appellate will take a change of venue case, after a district court ruling, unless their were mistakes made.

Meadows conspiring with Trump to commit crimes and violate the law are clearly not connected to his official duties as White House chief of staff.
That stands to reason since his claim of executive privilege has been denied.

Forum List

Back