Johnson demands all Trump prosecutions cease, vows to use Congress 'in every possible way'

"....the judicial system, states’ rights, and the rule of law in America...."
That ship has already sailed. You're about 4 years too late.

Yeah, it's like he just noticed. :rolleyes: They're worthless, every last single one of them.

It has been a long time if ever since there has been a trial like this.
I know, your team has the upper hand in such a liberal state, so it's all good.
But, injustice is still injustice.

"The one he was charged with."
Yeah, which felony is that, that exactly? :wink:
Fine:
Falsifying business records in New York State can be a misdemeanor, but prosecutors can bring the charge as a felony if they believe the records were falsified to conceal another crime.
Manhattan district attorney Alvin L. Bragg had suggested that Mr. Trump concealed three potential crimes, although he has not charged him with any of those.
Prosecutors do not need to prove such crimes were committed — only that there was “the intent to commit or conceal” an additional crime.

What do the business records show?

The $130,000 payment was made by Mr. Trump’s fixer, Michael D. Cohen, in the final days of the 2016 campaign. Mr. Cohen said he had done so at Mr. Trump’s direction.

While “hush money” payments are not necessarily illegal, Mr. Trump reimbursed Mr. Cohen during his presidency. In internal records, Mr. Trump’s company classified the repayment to Mr. Cohen as legal expenses, citing a retainer agreement. Prosecutors say there were no such expenses or retainer agreement.
The records related to the reimbursement underpin the 34 counts of falsifying business records: 11 counts involve the checks issued to Mr. Cohen, 11 center on monthly invoices Mr. Cohen submitted to the company, and 12 involve entries in the general ledger for Mr. Trump’s trust.

What crimes do prosecutors believe Trump was trying to conceal?

Prosecutors have suggested three possible crimes since filing the charges against Mr. Trump last year: a federal campaign finance violation, tax fraud and a state election-law crime. But since the start of the trial, they have largely focused on the state election-law crime: conspiracy to promote or prevent election.

Now try to take the same logic you used to come up with that response and apply it to both sides. Are you capable, I'm guessing not. :auiqs.jpg:
First you will have to tell me where I claimed Republicans do everything Trump says.

Second you will have to explain how comparing a citizen who holds no office and the President of the US is not a false equivalence.

Thanks.

First you will have to tell me where I claimed Republicans do everything Trump says.

Second you will have to explain how comparing a citizen who holds no office and the President of the US is not a false equivalence.

Thanks.

You lefties say that about everything Congress does, that they're following Trump's orders. Where's your proof of that?

Are you implying by your 2nd question that because someone is the Potus they should be ordering congress what to do or not do?

Do you understand separation of powers?

But please, show us your proof that Trump orders anyone in congress to do anything, or shut the fuck up.

You lefties say that about everything Congress does, that they're following Trump's orders. Where's your proof of that?

Strawman.

Not a lefty and I didn't say that.

Are you implying by your 2nd question that because someone is the Potus they should be ordering congress what to do or not do?

No. I am implying a party that follows their current president is not the same as a civilian dictating what members of Congress do.

Pro tip: That is the false equivalence.

Indeed I do.

But please, show us your proof that Trump orders anyone in congress to do anything, or shut the fuck up.
Why are you resorting to ad hominem? Are you getting angry?

It has been a long time if ever since there has been a trial like this.
I know, your team has the upper hand in such a liberal state, so it's all good.
But, injustice is still injustice.

"The one he was charged with."
Yeah, which felony is that, that exactly? :wink:
The one they feel he should have been

And you Fascist loving assholes are clueless.

Forum List

Back