Gateway Drugs....

The abuse of tobacco is declining naturally - or at least it is in educated societies

No it is not. It declined because the country taxed the fuck out of it.

Most of the cigarette smokers I know are blue collar guys who bust their ass supporting their families.
Who started smoking as teenagers no doubt

Its not easy to kick an addiction even when you know is killing you

Who started smoking as teenagers no doubt

Its not easy to kick an addiction even when you know is killing you
That’s true of drinking or eating fast food too

taking care of overweight people who wind up with type 2 diabetes, CHF and renal failure cost society much more than smoking and drinking combined

But watch people lose their shit if unhealthy food were to be banned

Fast food and snack food should be taxed at the same levels tobacco is

That’s true of drinking or eating fast food too

taking care of overweight people who wind up with type 2 diabetes, CHF and renal failure cost society much more than smoking and drinking combined

But watch people lose their shit if unhealthy food were to be banned

Fast food and snack food should be taxed at the same levels tobacco is
So the more harmful habits and outright harmful addictions there are in society the better it is?

Of course not

Fewer are better

Believe it or not, some people do still obey the law

and yet anyone that wants to get some pot can. I was getting it at the age of 16 when it was still highly illegal all over the country. Then again I was also buying booze by the boatload at the same time.

The whole concept of a “gateway” drug is pretty ridiculous

Most of the people I know smoke and drink and most of them have never turned to hard drugs

The whole concept of a “gateway” drug is pretty ridiculous

Most of the people I know smoke and drink and most of them have never turned to hard drugs

Yep, that was pretty much the whole point of this thread.

Is there any drug on the market that is more of a gateway drug than caffeine?

Every single person I know that drinks alcohol started drinking caffeine before they started on booze.

Every single person I know that uses marijuana started drinking caffeine before they started on marijuana.

Every single person I know that uses harder drugs started drinking caffeine before they started using harder drugs
Just when I thought your posts got stupid you outdo yourself with another dumb post.

Is there any drug on the market that is more of a gateway drug than caffeine?

Every single person I know that drinks alcohol started drinking caffeine before they started on booze.

Every single person I know that uses marijuana started drinking caffeine before they started on marijuana.

Every single person I know that uses harder drugs started drinking caffeine before they started using harder drugs
Sugar is more addictive than caffeine.

Caffeine does not lower IQ, but marijuana does when children smoke it often enough
Jesus, dude, kids should not smoke anything, weed or cigarettes. Kids shouldn't drink beer either but they do, and most turn out okay and for those who develop problems as adults, the addiction is with alcohol, not weed.

Most of the people I drank beer with in the military as a 20 yr old never touched coffee, and soft drinks were not a big deal either.

Correlation does not imply causation.

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back