Gateway Drugs....

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
Is there any drug on the market that is more of a gateway drug than caffeine?

Every single person I know that drinks alcohol started drinking caffeine before they started on booze.

Every single person I know that uses marijuana started drinking caffeine before they started on marijuana.

Every single person I know that uses harder drugs started drinking caffeine before they started using harder drugs

Every single person I know that drinks alcohol started drinking caffeine before they started on booze.

Every single person I know that uses marijuana started drinking caffeine before they started on marijuana.

Every single person I know that uses harder drugs started drinking caffeine before they started using harder drugs
Blasphemy!

Is Mother Jones your source or did you just make that one up on your own?

I did not start drinking coffee till I was an adult, no booze or drug problems either. :dunno:

My source is my view that the very concept of a gateway drug is fucking stupid.

You never had a coke or a Pepsi before you were an adult? Or one of the other 100s of sodas with caffeine in them?

My parents and grandparents drank coffee. Around it all the time. Had a cup or two when I was a teenager and decided I didn't like the taste. I drank Pepsi
Fast forward to my late 30's and I started traveling for work often. Hotels offered coffee along with a continental breakfast. And I developed a taste for coffee.
Still drank Pepsi somewhat regularly until 5 or 6 years ago when I decided I didn't need the extra sugar. But caffeine didn't lead to any other drugs besides the legal
one (alcohol) up until weed was legalized (for the most part) recently. I've still never smoked a joint. Did I inhale?...sure. Jammed into a concert with 10K of your closest friends, it's hard to hold your breath for that long. :)

Why not just say that you like drugs instead of dragging coffee drinkers into it?

Deflection is your ilk's way I guess.

You did not answer the question, I guess you know that doing so will bust your lie.

But this is not about what I like. This is where I differ from people like you. You think our laws should be based upon what you personally like and want to do. If you do not want to do something you are cool with it being illegal. I am not like that

Why not just say that you like drugs instead of dragging coffee drinkers into it?

Deflection is your ilk's way I guess.
A grown adult has every right to smoke weed in a private setting

If you support weed being illegal than you must also support the idea of outlawing tobacco and alcohol and trans fats

You don’t get to cherry pick which vices are legal and which aren’t based on which are the ones that you happen to partake in

Caffeine does not lower IQ, but marijuana does when children smoke it often enough

Your obvious attempt to legalize known harmful and addictive drugs is bad for society

Caffeine does not lower IQ, but marijuana does when children smoke it often enough

marijuana is illegal for children to use. Nobody is trying to change that. Why the strawman?

Your obvious attempt to legalize known harmful and addictive drugs is bad for society

As is your continued support for the current legal status for alcohol, the most damaging drug on the market today.

Then you must support the outlawing of tobacco and alcohol, right
The abuse of tobacco is declining naturally - or at least it is in educated societies

Alcohol is not, and probably never will go away because its so much a part of human culture

The abuse of tobacco is declining naturally - or at least it is in educated societies

Alcohol is not, and probably never will go away because its so much a part of human culture
Tobacco use has only declined relative to the insane, universal everyone-does-it chain-smoking levels of 30 years ago. Smoking is still widespread

And that’s a lame response re: alcohol

Just admit that you’re cherry picking because weed happens to be a vice you personally don’t partake in.

Admit it

marijuana is illegal for children to use. Nobody is trying to change that. Why the strawman?

As is your continued support for the current legal status for alcohol, the most damaging drug on the market today.
That doesent make it inaccessible to children

When drugs are freely available in the home they become available to children also

That doesent make it inaccessible to children

When drugs are freely available in the home they become available to children also
Kids swipe cigarettes and beers from their dads at some point during childhood as well

That’s a pretty much universal part of childhood

A grown adult has every right to smoke weed in a private setting

If you support weed being illegal than you must also support the idea of outlawing tobacco and alcohol and trans fats

You don’t get to cherry pick which vices are legal and which aren’t based on which are the ones that you happen to partake in
I'm a free man so I can "cherry-pick" anything I like....If you don't like it then you can just deal with it as best you can.....You don't run anything.

Tobacco use has only declined relative to the insane, universal everyone-does-it chain-smoking levels of 30 years ago. Smoking is still widespread

And that’s a lame response re: alcohol

Just admit that you’re cherry picking because weed happens to be a vice you personally don’t partake in.

Admit it
Tobacco has become very expensive

When I see cigarettes selling for $6 a pack I wonder why anyone smokes

But its very common among welfare bums and drug users who are used to making bad choices

Of course alcoholism is bad

Bad for the person and bad for society

But booze has been part of our culture throughout recorded history

We tried prohibition and that didnt work

However, legalizing more harmful substances is not the answer

But its very common among welfare bums and drug users who are used to making bad choices
Most of the cigarette smokers I know are blue collar guys who bust their ass supporting their families.

You’re making sweeping generalizations to try and support your views

Forum List

Back