Birmingham City relegated under crazy American owners

I can see the owners getting bored at some point, and Wrexham suffering because of it.
I had a lot of grief from people over my views. I reckoned they would leave once the tv series was cancelled. I still do, Their success is basically the club is 10m in debt. Mainly to Reynolds and the other one. I believe the club pays them 8k a week in interest.
That is not sustainable.. They need to time their exit right. Find another mug, do a deal over the debt and leave for further challenges.
Im not sure where it will leave the club. I hope it still survives. Its been part of the town for over 150 years. It deserves better than being a prop for a failing actor.

I had a lot of grief from people over my views. I reckoned they would leave once the tv series was cancelled. I still do, Their success is basically the club is 10m in debt. Mainly to Reynolds and the other one. I believe the club pays them 8k a week in interest.
That is not sustainable.. They need to time their exit right. Find another mug, do a deal over the debt and leave for further challenges.
Im not sure where it will leave the club. I hope it still survives. Its been part of the town for over 150 years. It deserves better than being a prop for a failing actor.

Yeah, too many clubs get this, the clubs struggling now, and the clubs that went out of business.

Sometimes I think they should do what they do with the MLS, all the players are paid for by the league, not the club.

So the league essentially gives the players to the clubs, and so if there's a problem with a club, the league can simply take players away from them and give them to other teams. It'd solve a load of problems.

Yeah, too many clubs get this, the clubs struggling now, and the clubs that went out of business.

Sometimes I think they should do what they do with the MLS, all the players are paid for by the league, not the club.

So the league essentially gives the players to the clubs, and so if there's a problem with a club, the league can simply take players away from them and give them to other teams. It'd solve a load of problems.
Yep. Its been out of control for 40 years. There are loads of ways it could be better. A first step would be to limit owners debts. Pay it back in 12 months or convert it to equity.. Its the usual scam that owners run.

Yep. Its been out of control for 40 years. There are loads of ways it could be better. A first step would be to limit owners debts. Pay it back in 12 months or convert it to equity.. Its the usual scam that owners run.

Yes, the problem is that they implement things, and the clubs find ways around it. With Reading, who with their Chinese owner, weren't paying taxes, they took points away. But he kept not paying taxes because the money's not there any more. So they find the owner instead.

He's been trying to sell, he probably got in trouble with the CCP who went from "we're going to win the World Cup in the next 30 years" to "football is just making us lose money and nobody in China actually likes the sport anyway". And maybe he got up to dodgy stuff too.

Hopefully they'll sell up soon, but the next lot could be just as worse, as before the Thais it was a Russian using the club for money laundering.

Really they need a situation where they can just pull the club right out from under the owner. Either a German system with 50+1 for the fans, or 50+1 for the league or something.

The other issue is the way the Tories deal with football, letting it be totally capitalist, whereas like Germany, tries to make sport about the community.

Yes, the problem is that they implement things, and the clubs find ways around it. With Reading, who with their Chinese owner, weren't paying taxes, they took points away. But he kept not paying taxes because the money's not there any more. So they find the owner instead.

He's been trying to sell, he probably got in trouble with the CCP who went from "we're going to win the World Cup in the next 30 years" to "football is just making us lose money and nobody in China actually likes the sport anyway". And maybe he got up to dodgy stuff too.

Hopefully they'll sell up soon, but the next lot could be just as worse, as before the Thais it was a Russian using the club for money laundering.

Really they need a situation where they can just pull the club right out from under the owner. Either a German system with 50+1 for the fans, or 50+1 for the league or something.

The other issue is the way the Tories deal with football, letting it be totally capitalist, whereas like Germany, tries to make sport about the community.
Goes back to the start of the Prem and sky sports. English football could outspend every club in europe. That attracted the bandits. I remember seeing a chart on a footie business site that had the richest clubs in Europe. Swansea City were listed higher than Roma and Valencia.

Labour are not much better. They are all afraid of upsetting the football lobby. They run a large web of patronage that is very powerful.

Goes back to the start of the Prem and sky sports. English football could outspend every club in europe. That attracted the bandits. I remember seeing a chart on a footie business site that had the richest clubs in Europe. Swansea City were listed higher than Roma and Valencia.

Labour are not much better. They are all afraid of upsetting the football lobby. They run a large web of patronage that is very powerful.

Yeah, Labour are a weird party. That's why PR would be better, it'd give the left more opportunities, and take away to mantle of number 2 from Labour, who are really bad at being number 2. And with football, most probably don't even care, they care more about Palestine than their own country.

But year, I remember when English football was rubbish, then Bergkamp and others turned up and it was like "wow, there are these GOOD foreigners in the league now, what's happening?" And the Ronaldinho went to Barca instead of Man Utd.

Yeah, Labour are a weird party. That's why PR would be better, it'd give the left more opportunities, and take away to mantle of number 2 from Labour, who are really bad at being number 2. And with football, most probably don't even care, they care more about Palestine than their own country.

But year, I remember when English football was rubbish, then Bergkamp and others turned up and it was like "wow, there are these GOOD foreigners in the league now, what's happening?" And the Ronaldinho went to Barca instead of Man Utd.
When I was a kid european competition was the ultimate.Now its just a battle of corporations. Only one competition counts and there is no glamour or romance.
Whats the point ?

When I was a kid european competition was the ultimate.Now its just a battle of corporations. Only one competition counts and there is no glamour or romance.
Whats the point ?

The same point as vodka, pot, pets, religion, politics (in terms of like what happens on this forum).

It hides reality for people.

Kids will grow up with this and they'll support one of the top teams and they'll be entertained by it.

"Hi, I'm Sergei from Kenya and I support Real Madrid" "Have you been to Spain Sergei?" "No, my mum once went to Nairobi...."

Football has changed from local people supporting their team, to many people supporting teams in places they'll never go to. Doesn't really matter. I support a team I haven't seen since 2010/11 and haven't seen a home game since 2004, because I don't even live in the same country. But I did inherit my supporting, my father and grandfather are from that town and they're not very good, especially now, worst season ever since I started supporting them this season.

Forum List

Back