Back in the late 1970s you could buy a Hamburger, Fry and Small Drink for 95 cents. Not so today. Marxism at work again.

In the late 1960s you could get 2 hamburgers, fry and small drink and get change back from your dollar. Damn that dollar went a lot farther back then.

I call that the SKS Syndrome....In 1990 you could buy a Chi-Com SKS for around $70.00 a pop if you bought a case of 12....Now they are $500.00 + a pop depending if they have been Tapco-fucked or not.

Yet you have oldtimers going on about 90s pricing.....Piss off grandpa, pay-up or STFU.

In 2024 that $70.00 is worth around $168.00 today so the SKS has proved a fair investment.

Enjoy your $5.00 happy meal.....It will be $6.00 next year.

Because everyone needs to eat.
that has nothing to do with fair wage,,

a wage is based on the profit it makes for the company,, if its not enough for what you need then find another job,,

what may work for a teenager living at home thats just making extra money for personal use is different than a father of three feeding his family,,

HAs everything to do with it. The whole world isn't about the corporations.
so youre saying a father of three should be paid above what a job can produce when its more than enough for a student not rising a family but just wants some extra money while going to school??

so youre saying a father of three should be paid above what a job can produce when its more than enough for a student not rising a family but just wants some extra money while going to school??
I am?

Damn, whatever would I do without you to tell me what I said.

Everything was cheaper back in the day. The whole goal of a business (or a job) is to make more money this year than last year. And that leads to inflation, which is not such a bad thing if you think about it.

He's a tRumpling, he doesn't know what any of those big words mean. He's just repeating what his programming tells him to.
But laughing at the absolute ignorance is still

1714921652696.png

I'm not willing to limit wealth.
Warren Buffet is a good example of building wealth
But limiting income?
You betcha!
Most billionaires had to trample and destroy others to reach that status.

I maintain they shouldn't be a thing.

Everything was cheaper back in the day. The whole goal of a business (or a job) is to make more money this year than last year. And that leads to inflation, which is not such a bad thing if you think about it.
No.
Inflation occurs when the supply of money increases thus increasing buying power and the demand for products.
When demand goes up, prices go up.
GREED is the primary cause of inflation

Most billionaires had to trample and destroy others to reach that status.

I maintain they shouldn't be a thing.
Most?
A bit hyperbolic?
Did T. Swift get there by destroying people? M jordan? Lebron James?

Not arguing that it happens but I wouldn't punish everyone for the since of some.

AND
limiting wealth would do nothing to stop the abuses but limiting income will.
I mean, why cheat your employees when the net gain will be zero?

so a father of three working the counter at mcdonalds should get paid 80K a yr??

how much do you think that will cause the price of burgers and fries to be??

thank you for showing us why marxism doesnt work,,
You're still fighting your own straw man.

You're still fighting your own straw man.
not a straw man,,

if what you say is correct and all jobs should pay enough for a man to feed his family that would mean mediocre jobs like flipping burgers needs to pay enough for that man to feed his family which is around 60-80K a yr,,,,

sounds more like youre just lying,,

I worked at a McDs just down the street from where I lived in 1967. The minimum wage was $1.25 you could get a burger, fries, and soft drink for 37 cents. All guys, no girls worked there. I think they worried about them being too much of a distraction.
Pretty true across all restaurants then.
I worked at Captain Ds in 1981, only males were hired to work in the kitchen, and only females were at the front counter. I also worked at Dominos pizza in 1983, only males cooked and delivered, only females answered the phones.

Forum List

Back