Amazing Quotations: favorite quotes

Here’s one I like. To tweak my lb pals, it is useful. But, of course, they’d offer me the same advice:

George Bernard Shaw
"Humans routinely drive 100 miles per hour on the autobahn, perform brain surgery, and juggle flaming torches, even though a portion of what they see is merely a good guess." - Leon Lederman

One more speaking of eulogies. When Senator Robert F. Kennedy was murdered, his surviving brother, Ted, gave the eulogy. Ted paraphrased a line by George Bernard Shaw:

George Bernard Shaw
Ted was a great speaker. I've been to multiple events he spoke at. He'd own a crowd. He laughter, his personality, his charm...

He was only a good speaker when he was drinking heavily.

He was always a good speaker.
He was never drunk on any stage I saw him on. He was not a heavy drinker after he married Victoria. Some people have a presence on stage. He had that in spades. He also made friends with fierce opponents. Few were ever as adept at that as he was.

Flaws and all, a great man. but let me not hijack the thread.

He was never drunk on any stage I saw him on. He was not a heavy drinker after he married Victoria. Some people have a presence on stage. He had that in spades. He also made friends with fierce opponents. Few were ever as adept at that as he was.

Flaws and all, a great man. but let me not hijack the thread.
I saw Peanuts following him around, like a tragic little puppy, seeking a mere handshake. That spoke tons about his quality as a man. That and the glub glub incident at Chappaquiddick.

But yeah. No thread hijacking. My bad.

Last edited:
1704143054937.png

If there is a soul, it is a mistake to believe that it is given us fully created. It is created here, throughout a whole life. And living is nothing else but that long and painful bringing forth. When the soul is ready, created by us and suffering, death comes along.

~Albert Camus.

IMG_2489.jpeg

If there is a soul, it is a mistake to believe that it is given us fully created. It is created here, throughout a whole life. And living is nothing else but that long and painful bringing forth. When the soul is ready, created by us and suffering, death comes along.

~Albert Camus.

View attachment 911576
“Some lose all mind and become soul,insane.
some lose all soul and become mind, intellectual.
some lose both and become accepted”

Forum List

Back