Zone1 Although I Believe In God, I Am Not Religious

is that the christian bible ... and your specific one is not as fork7 - declares. the desert religions in their multitude, a reality.

and you have access to the archive preserved of all original documents used in the 4th century for every word they include in their document - or even a single timely document for any one word used in that document.

or a single word written by jesus included in that document or any document preserved written during the time of jesus's lifetime.
It might help to consider and review some history for a fuller perspective.

Consolidation of written texts/books could be said to start with;
The First Council of Nicaea (/naɪˈsiːə/ ny-SEE-ə; Ancient Greek: Σύνοδος τῆς Νικαίας, romanized: Sýnodos tês Nikaías) was a council of Christian bishops convened in the Bithynian city of Nicaea (now İznik, Turkey) by the Roman Emperor Constantine I. The Council of Nicaea met from May until the end of July 325.[4]

This ecumenical council was the first of many efforts to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all Christendom. Hosius of Corduba may have presided over its deliberations.[5][6] Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the divine nature of God the Son and his relationship to God the Father,[2] the construction of the first part of the Nicene Creed, mandating uniform observance of the date of Easter,[7] and promulgation of early canon law.[3][8]

As for "canon law", i.e. Bible content, the history and origins are a bit more murky;
The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία, tà biblía, 'the books') is a collection of religious texts or scriptures, some, all, or a variant of which are held to be sacred in Christianity, Judaism, Samaritanism, Islam, the Baha'i Faith, and other Abrahamic religions. The Bible is an anthology (a compilation of texts of a variety of forms) originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek. These texts include instructions, stories, poetry, and prophecies, among other genres. The collection of materials that are accepted as part of the Bible by a particular religious tradition or community is called a biblical canon. Believers in the Bible generally consider it to be a product of divine inspiration, but the way they understand what that means and interpret the text varies.

The religious texts were compiled by different religious communities into various official collections. The earliest contained the first five books of the Bible, called the Torah in Hebrew and the Pentateuch (meaning five books) in Greek. The second oldest part was a collection of narrative histories and prophecies (the Nevi'im). The third collection (the Ketuvim) contains psalms, proverbs, and narrative histories. "Tanakh" is an alternate term for the Hebrew Bible composed of the first letters of those three parts of the Hebrew scriptures: the Torah ("Teaching"), the Nevi'im ("Prophets"), and the Ketuvim ("Writings"). The Masoretic Text is the medieval version of the Tanakh, in Hebrew and Aramaic, that is considered the authoritative text of the Hebrew Bible by modern Rabbinic Judaism. The Septuagint is a Koine Greek translation of the Tanakh from the third and second centuries BC; it largely overlaps with the Hebrew Bible.

Christianity began as an outgrowth of Second Temple Judaism, using the Septuagint as the basis of the Old Testament. The early Church continued the Jewish tradition of writing and incorporating what it saw as inspired, authoritative religious books. The gospels, Pauline epistles, and other texts quickly coalesced into the New Testament.
&
The list of books included in the Catholic Bible was established as canon by the Council of Rome in 382, followed by those of Hippo in 393 and Carthage in 397. Between 385 and 405 CE, the early Christian church translated its canon into Vulgar Latin (the common Latin spoken by ordinary people), a translation known as the Vulgate.[53] Since then, Catholic Christians have held ecumenical councils to standardize their biblical canon. The Council of Trent (1545–63), held by the Catholic Church in response to the Protestant Reformation, authorized the Vulgate as its official Latin translation of the Bible.[54] A number of biblical canons have since evolved. Christian biblical canons range from the 73 books of the Catholic Church canon, and the 66-book canon of most Protestant denominations, to the 81 books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church canon, among others.[55] Judaism has long accepted a single authoritative text, whereas Christianity has never had an official version, instead having many different manuscript traditions.[56]

Something I ... posted in another thread that could relate to here;*

I'm not religious but I've always believed there is an infinite dimension we cannot see that we are all apart of. We get to walk around in meat suits for a few decades or maybe some other biological shell but we always return to the infinite dimension. My own idea, I don't know or care if anyone agrees.
I've had something similar for a few decades now.

1. It starts with the assumption, based upon the consistent order and systems of the Cosmos, that there may be a Creative Designer or Intelligent Creator involved in making all this of the Universe/Cosmos.

2. Since logic would suggest "You can't get Something form Nothing."; then this Universe/Physical Existence must be product from the Substance of the Intelligent Creator/Creative Designer.

3. It then follows that if this Creator/Designer is Eternal, has no Beginning nor any End, then all that It* has made of It's own substance would also be Eternal.
* Being a single Entity and not in need of reproduction(sex) than the Creator/Designer doesn't need to be referred to as He or She.

4. Everything in this Universe(Existence) being Eternal and 'Of the Creator', than we humans would be a part of the Creator/Designer. We are "It" and "It" is we. The foundation of the implied message of Christ and others that we should treat all as we would ourselves; because "They are We, We are They".

5. Also, everything in the Universe/Existence being Eternal, than the Big Bang will become the Big Collapse, which will again become the Big Bang, and again the Big Collapse, Etc., Etc., Etc., ...

6. The above would also suggest that our Soul (the non-physical aspect of our Spirit) is Eternal (as is the Creator, which it is a part of *) and also would have no Beginning nor an End.
* Think of "us" as individual souls being like cells in the body of the Creator.

7. Our Souls having an Eternal aspect, then it's probable we would have many "lifetimes" (occupation of bodies; "meat suits"), a process often referred to as Reincarnation(s). The most probable purpose of such process would be to have a range of physical experiences that would also effect a path of Spiritual growth/education/progression leading back to a fully spiritual and non-physical existence. Alternatively, physical existence might be a game/recreation of sorts done for amusement and overcoming challenges.

8. While many to most "religions" present some to most of these concepts, no single "Religion" to date appears to have presented the full story/concept in this manner(as above). Partly why I take "The Bible - OT & NT" with a "grain of salt"; as with all other Religions and their dogma/texts. I suspect this may be because currently this planet is property of Extra Terrestrial colonists whom accelerated hominid evolution to create we humans (homo sapiens) for their purposes, and constrained Spiritual knowledge~growth might enable them to better control humans. (Religion is a population control device). As suggested in a thread I started here a while back;
The Geminga Scenario

* In this sub-forum about a month ago, at;
Did mankind's spirits exist prior to coming to this earth?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back