who has been to the Baltic states?

inhave been to

• Total voters
which ones?
My entire wife's family are Lithuanian. Many of them have visited there multiple times over the years, since independence. Currently our niece is attending medical school in Vilnius.

My entire wife's family are Lithuanian. Many of them have visited there multiple times over the years, since independence. Currently our niece is attending medical school in Vilnius.
That is quite interesting, considering your stance towards NATO.

That is quite interesting, considering your stance towards NATO.
Her family members all hate Russia illogically. Decades of abuse will do that. I thought as they did during the Cold War, but this is different. Lithuania should seek peaceful cooperative relations with Russia, rather than confrontation.

Many family members were killed or imprisoned by the Soviets. My father in-law fled before the Soviets returned to conquer Lithuanian. He felt sure they would kill him. He was very fortunate to have survived the war, as he was nearly killed several times. His father (my wife’s grandfather) was killed by the Soviets shortly after the war ended but he never knew this until the early 1960s, when a letter from his sister made it to him in the US.

Her family members all hate Russia illogically. Decades of abuse will do that. I thought as they did during the Cold War, but this is different. Lithuania should seek peaceful cooperative relations with Russia, rather than confrontation.

Many family members were killed or imprisoned by the Soviets. My father in-law fled before the Soviets returned to conquer Lithuanian. He felt sure they would kill him. He was very fortunate to have survived the war, as he was nearly killed several times. His father (my wife’s grandfather) was killed by the Soviets shortly after the war ended but he never knew this until the early 1960s, when a letter from his sister made it to him in the US.
You see, you said 'illogically', but then gave an explanation about the reasons why they feel so. Yes, I know you will say it was not 'Russia' but it was the Soviets and so on. You illogically refuse to accept that no matter what a governing form Russia had - absolute monarchy, Bolsheviks dictatorship, or the current autocratic regime - they always followed the same abusive policy towards their neighbors.

You see, you said 'illogically', but then gave an explanation about the reasons why they feel so. Yes, I know you will say it was not 'Russia' but it was the Soviets and so on. You illogically refuse to accept that no matter what a governing form Russia had - absolute monarchy, Bolsheviks dictatorship, or the current autocratic regime - they always followed the same abusive policy towards their neighbors.
So you believe Russia was unprovoked in Ukraine? This thinking is obviously wrong and reveals your bias.

Is it your belief Russia is an imperialist power TODAY, with plans to invade it‘s neighbors?

I know Russia’s history is full of imperialism and empire, though nothing like the US. However I do not believe the current leadership of Russia who helped terminate the Evil Empire, has any intention of rebuilding it‘s former empire. They will defend themselves which they've made clear.

If the West continues to escalate in Ukraine, we could see nuclear weapons being used by Russia. He has said this several times. We could be on the cusp of another world war instigated by western oligarchs. Just as they did in the previous world wars.

What? Do you not know Lithuania achieved independence long before Putin showed up?

Its best not to post in threads you know nothing about.

Putin was part of the apparatus at the time.

In 1975, Putin joined the KGB and trained at the 401st KGB School in Okhta, Leningrad.

On 11 March 1990, the Supreme Council announced the restoration of Lithuania's independence. Lithuania became the first Soviet-occupied state to announce the restitution of independence.

I remember Captive Nations Day parades years ago. It was always good for a laugh.

Putin was part of the apparatus at the time.

In 1975, Putin joined the KGB and trained at the 401st KGB School in Okhta, Leningrad.

On 11 March 1990, the Supreme Council announced the restoration of Lithuania's independence. Lithuania became the first Soviet-occupied state to announce the restitution of independence.

I remember Captive Nations Day parades years ago. It was always good for a laugh.
Stop. You know nothing.

in this case you are a strange very strange man...

So you believe Russia was unprovoked in Ukraine? This thinking is obviously wrong and reveals your bias
Have you asked your wife about that? What she thinks?

Is it your belief Russia is an imperialist power TODAY, with plans to invade it‘s neighbors
To same extent, yes. It wants a sphere of influence. With vassal states.

I know Russia’s history is full of imperialism and empire, though nothing like the US. However I do not believe the current leadership of Russia who helped terminate the Evil Empire, has any intention of rebuilding it‘s former empire. They will defend themselves which they've made clear
No, man. The current leadership served the Evil Empire. And wants those good old days to come back.

If the West continues to escalate in Ukraine, we could see nuclear weapons being used by Russia. He has said this several times. We could be on the cusp of another world war instigated by western oligarchs. Just as they did in the previous world wars
I still think this war will end with a draw.

🇷🇺 Peace my son. I know it’s a foreign idea to you.

no, ivan lover ....
GKnwlw7b0AAIg-8.jpg

Forum List

Back