trump is saying things out loud that no other presidential candidate has ever said

Bidens lies? You guys needto stop with these false equivalences and imaginary bullshit and loo at the facts. The economy is setting records. You guys can talk about inflation all you want but its global and Biden has nothingto do with the after effects of COVID. Moreover, Biden is not the one bragging about jacking up prices purposefully, its the corporations who are doing that even as they want tax cuts. RWM won't tell you that.

For sane Americans, Biden has turned out great.
if biden is so great why isnt his approval ratings at 50+ percent?...or at least in the high 40's.....biden is a piss poor leader...

Three-quarters of Republicans back Trump being 'dictator ...

View attachment 943185
The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 2024/02/07
Feb 7, 2024 — The irony of Donald Trump's assertion that he would seek to have dictatorial powers for the first day of his presidency is that he was ...

I think Loki was on to something....

Kneel before me. I said… KNEEL! Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It’s the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life’s joy in a mad scramble for power. For identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.

Kneel before me. I said… KNEEL! Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It’s the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life’s joy in a mad scramble for power. For identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.

1715082618408.png

And I apologize for the backhanded insult
Thank you.
but that was the first argument I've heard that a President is being authoritarian by not being authoritarian
That isnt my argument. Him "staying out of it" while other states do that to their citizens and not intervening is authoritarian. He dont mind shitting on the constitution supporting red flag laws, attacks on the second, etc but he wants to stay out of it, when its actually his job to intervene? Because abortion is left up to the states now? Naw.
Letting states act like that, while not doing anything when its his job to help protect our rights from the states, shows he supports it.

He said it was up to the states to do that or not. But they cant. So he basically implied he would let them, instead of doing his constitutional duties and keep the states in check.
They already do that with the registry of motor vehicles

It is up to the States and the Judiciary to decide what is legal via the Cinstitution. Not POTUS.

The lawyers will force these issues to SCOTUS to decide it.
The Department of justice should be the one intervening.

Imagine TN prosecuting me for gambling in MS. No doubt some of you would support that.
Luckily they cant. Just like they cant prosecute a woman having an abortion in another state.

Perfect!

Imagine a President who took the Constitution (and his oath of office) seriously. That is, a President who sought to constrain Congress within the confines of Article I, and himself (herself?) within Article II.

Such a President might refuse to name a Secretary of Education, and direct that the Department of Education scale back its mission and staffing so that it is nothing more than a clearing house for information on the subject of "education." S/he might do the same at the EPA, for which there is no Constitutional support, public radio and television, the Small Business Administration, the FBI, and scores of other agencies.

Such a President might do what s/he could to minimize or eliminate Medicaid, SNAP, Federal housing involvement, saving the planet, and every other task, mission, or initiative that goes beyond Congress' power to act under Article I.

S/he would then challenge the Congress thusly: "If yins want to keep doing all this stuff, then initiate a Constitutional Amendment giving yourselves the legitimate power to do them...and if there is no majority sufficient enough to get that Amendment passed, than shame on you all."

I submit that a President who had the foregoing program would not be acting as an autocrat/dictator, but rather as a patriot, honoring the Constitution, the Declaration, and his oath of office.

Imagine a President who took the Constitution (and his oath of office) seriously. That is, a President who sought to constrain Congress within the confines of Article I, and himself (herself?) within Article II.

Such a President might refuse to name a Secretary of Education, and direct that the Department of Education scale back its mission and staffing so that it is nothing more than a clearing house for information on the subject of "education." S/he might do the same at the EPA, for which there is no Constitutional support, public radio and television, the Small Business Administration, the FBI, and scores of other agencies.

Such a President might do what s/he could to minimize or eliminate Medicaid, SNAP, Federal housing involvement, saving the planet, and every other task, mission, or initiative that goes beyond Congress' power to act under Article I.

S/he would then challenge the Congress thusly: "If yins want to keep doing all this stuff, then initiate a Constitutional Amendment giving yourselves the legitimate power to do them...and if there is no majority sufficient enough to get that Amendment passed, than shame on you all."

I submit that a President who had the foregoing program would not be acting as an autocrat/dictator, but rather as a patriot, honoring the Constitution, the Declaration, and his oath of office.
Too bad the majority of citizens of this country are too enamored with being subjugated. Someone like that doesnt have a chance in hell of getting elected.

trump seems to have no fear that many of the positions he is advocating are authoritarian. Maybe he knows his cult does not care. They operate on emotions, rather than rational thought. The interviews that I have seen with some of these people are bizarre, to say the least.
which position of his is authoritarian?

I'd wager you can't name one.

Too bad the majority of citizens of this country are too enamored with being subjugated. Someone like that doesnt have a chance in hell of getting elected.
cutting out layers of corrupt petty bureaucrat lawless tyrants is not tyranny, it's freedom.

eliminating tyrants = freedom.

see how that works?

it's crucial you understand truth versus your brainwashed idiocy.

Obiden people worked with China to manufacture the virus, the launch it via airtravel.
This ^^^^ is SO SAD that you spread this disinformation.

So, IYO and CT, (D) worked directly with China with the defined intentions to create a deadly virus in China, and then airlift that deadly virus to attack ALL Americans, all in an attempt to 'harm trump."

cutting out layers of corrupt petty bureaucrat lawless tyrants is not tyranny, it's freedom.

eliminating tyrants = freedom.

see how that works?

it's crucial you understand truth versus your brainwashed idiocy.
Attention dumbfuck :
I clearly supported what he said. I was saying it would never happen, because the majority of people in this country love being ruled.

Forum List

Back