Advice needed on what to do with 1/4 of a cow

So, I have never bought beef in bulk like this, but a co-worker of my wife gets a 1/2 a cow each year and this year the person buying one of the other 1/4s had moved so they cannot. So we are going to do it.

Anyone here ever do this? How do you get it sliced? What cuts are the best way to go?
At the high price of beef today - you could pay your house off by selling it per pound

I don't know your financial situation but if price is no object, just take it to your local butcher shop and have it cut down, packaged, and ready for the freezer. But it can be expensive so you might want to shop around for the best deal.

An honest and competent butcher will know how to break it down into roasts, steaks, hamburger and other cuts depending on what quarter of the beef you bought. With a side you get beef ribs, short ribs, brisket, etc. in addition to the usual steaks, roast, hamburger, but anyway the butcher will know what to do.

It is being processed at a plant that does it every year for the people we are going in with for the rest of the cow.

Forum List

Back