Zelensky Has Become More Than a Man

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
He declined an offer of evacuation from the United States. Ukrainian forces held Kyiv into Saturday morning and Zelensky emerged onto the streets of the capital, walking with his countrymen. This is a level of personal bravery that we are utterly unaccustomed to seeing from heads of state. Zelensky’s conduct over the last few weeks—which has been utterly extraordinary—has substantially buttressed Ukraine’s resolve. He has become more than a man. More than a leader. He has become a symbol.

What we are witnessing is the emergence of a figure who will become a key part of Ukrainian history for the next century. There will be statues of him all over the country. Ukrainians will name their children after him. This is like watching another country’s Washington or Churchill emerge in real time.

[snip]

There is a faction in American politics which fetishizes the idea of alpha males and “but he fights.” And weirdly enough, that faction seems to be firmly on Russia’s side in this conflict. If that fetish was really about wanting a leader who “fights” then they would be gobsmacked by Zelensky.

Instead, they worship the soft, flabby draft-dodger who tried to blackmail Zelensky.

Watching Zelensky’s conduct over the last few weeks makes Donald Trump’s attempt to use the power of the United States government to blackmail him even more obscene. Trump is not fit to shine Zelensky’s boots. That Trump’s actions were taken not as a private citizen, but as the American head of state should make all of us deeply ashamed.

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them." — William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

My God bless Volodymyr Zelensky and the people of Ukraine.

Up to this point, KGB Putin has been fighting with one hand behind his back. Will he go full Aleppo on Kyiv? Or will he come to his senses?

Yeah...props to him.

...BUT

If he would have had the same balls to control the renegade elements in his military.

If he would have had the honor to carry out the conditions of the Minsk Agreement as well.

All of this would have been avoided.

Some of the bravest people I have ever seen were dumber than a box of hammers.

zelenskiy-volodymyr-zelensky.gif

I guess that's what you get...when you elect this guy.

He declined an offer of evacuation from the United States. Ukrainian forces held Kyiv into Saturday morning and Zelensky emerged onto the streets of the capital, walking with his countrymen. This is a level of personal bravery that we are utterly unaccustomed to seeing from heads of state. Zelensky’s conduct over the last few weeks—which has been utterly extraordinary—has substantially buttressed Ukraine’s resolve. He has become more than a man. More than a leader. He has become a symbol.

What we are witnessing is the emergence of a figure who will become a key part of Ukrainian history for the next century. There will be statues of him all over the country. Ukrainians will name their children after him. This is like watching another country’s Washington or Churchill emerge in real time.

[snip]

There is a faction in American politics which fetishizes the idea of alpha males and “but he fights.” And weirdly enough, that faction seems to be firmly on Russia’s side in this conflict. If that fetish was really about wanting a leader who “fights” then they would be gobsmacked by Zelensky.

Instead, they worship the soft, flabby draft-dodger who tried to blackmail Zelensky.

Watching Zelensky’s conduct over the last few weeks makes Donald Trump’s attempt to use the power of the United States government to blackmail him even more obscene. Trump is not fit to shine Zelensky’s boots. That Trump’s actions were taken not as a private citizen, but as the American head of state should make all of us deeply ashamed.

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them." — William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Up to this point, KGB Putin has been fighting with one hand behind his back. Will he go full Aleppo on Kyiv? Or will he come to his senses?
Yeah, this guy is one helluva story. Amazing. And his country rallied around him. Amazing.

Looking forward to the movie. :laugh:

[snip]

1646089778961.png

Yeah...props to him.

...BUT

If he would have had the same balls to control the renegade elements in his military.

If he would have had the honor to carry out the conditions of the Minsk Agreement as well.

View attachment 608827

He is easily replaced by Bill Maher. :pinkygirly:

[snip]

Oh! I was all with you and ready to be amazed but you couldn't resist the urge to lash out at Donald Trump,
could you?
So Trump is no Zelensky? Well who is in today's world?

Do you think the grifting doddering idiot Joe Biden is, who thinks no more of leaving thousands of Americans behind in Afghanistan to the Taliban than tossing away our Constitution,
as he engages in the illegal impeachable practice of smuggling illegal aliens across the border then secretly moving them to other parts of the nation?
Do you think violating state election laws to "win" the presidency makes him admirable?

I know you have something decent inside you. You just can't stop suppressing it so your partisan
Jekyll and Hyde personality can kick in. That makes you all the more disgusting.

Agreed. Guy's going an outstanding job leading his country.

This is what you get when you elect non-politician / political outsiders to high office.

Biden is what you get when you elect a guy who's been in politics for 50 years...longer than I've been alive.

Last edited:
Yeah...props to him.

...BUT

View attachment 608827

never elect tv clowns, good advice.

[snip]

Look at you, worshipping a man installed as Prez by Obambi.

Oh! I was all with you and ready to be amazed but you couldn't resist the urge to lash out at Donald Trump,
could you?

Do you think the grifting doddering idiot Joe Biden is, who thinks no more of leaving thousands of Americans behind in Afghanistan to the Taliban than tossing away our Constitution,
as he engages in the illegal impeachable practice of smuggling illegal aliens across the border then secretly moving them to other parts of the nation?
Do you think violating state election laws to "win" the presidency makes him admirable?

I know you have something decent inside you. You just can't stop suppressing it so your partisan
Jekyll and Hyde personality can kick in. That makes you all the more disgusting.
Trump is a Russian agent; fuck him! Bigly!!!

Yeah...props to him.

...BUT

View attachment 608827

Russia had no interest in the Minsk accords. Putin was backed into them. Putin wanted Ukraine as it was in 1990, and the Baltics are next. But he won't succeed. Not now.

I was affected when the interpreter started crying as she translated for Zelensky.

could you?

But Trump is still carrying Putin's water. Don't blame G5000 for that reality.

Yeah...props to him.

...BUT

View attachment 608827

Let me guess....you are pro-putin.

i think that the ukrainian woman should not have worn a skirt, or pants, or left the abusive marriage.

translation: i have no sympathy with the russian rapist, even if he claims to be the ex-husband.

I was affected when the interpreter started crying as she translated for Zelensky.
mmmmm...me tooo....mmmm muh feels.

Russia had no interest in the Minsk accords. Putin was backed into them.
Did he violate the precepts of the accord?

I'll answer...no he did not.

Ukraine did...for eight years.

3800 innocent people were blown up in their home, schools, businesses, walking down the street.

Go away...I am bored with you compliant dupes.

It was the same with the war on terror, and Covid...you fucking morons will never learn.

Forum List

Back